PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feeling election fatigue?

stewie3128
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
The last few weeks I've dedicated every waking hour to learning about RP and tracking every bit of available info about the progress of the campaign. I'm a precinct captain; I'm a delegate; I'm a donor; I've converted my uber-liberal g/f, some of her family, most of my family, and most of my friends to RP; most of them are donors now too... I've got down the talking points and the longer-format answers to questions from all directions; I'm walking the precincts, etc...

And I'm anxious about NH and SC and exhausted and tired and just want a break. How can I alleviate this?

Anyone else feel like this?

Lyn
01-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Ok, quite full blown but I am having to remind myself to breath because the make or break moment is upon us. So much has gone into this and with only 24 hours to go and the smears going full blast I have this panic going on inside. I'm excited and yet I'm so angry that dirty politics could derail all that we have worked so hard to do. I am going to make myself go to bed tonight after Leno and not stay up til wee hours pouring over this forum. Tomorrow I will probably get nothing done at work. Totally unproductive I know. If I don't have an ulcer before the end of this month I'll be surprised. I've canvassed and sign waved my heart out and this is it.

John E
01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Nope, just getting warmed up.

I volunteered to be a precinct captain and I am trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible while tracking the successes and misses of our collective efforts.

Lyn
01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I'm doing the precinct captain thing too. I guess its just after spending so many months doing this pretty much every free moment of the day and often into the night it does get to you after a while. I tried to back off of the responsibilities for a while but only a few of us in our large meetup group really do the major work and you keep telling yourself to just stick it out a while longer. Kinda like being pregnant for months and then the D day is finally there.

bobthebuilder
01-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Yep, and exercise is a good way to overcome fatigue and build stamina. Start passing out information in your neighborhood. Time is short. Get off the computer in the evenings and start walking.

dkim68
01-08-2008, 04:20 AM
If spending extra hours cuts into your usual bedtime that can ruin your sleep cycle. Just try to maintain a regular lifestyle. Don't go overboard. Also, dealing with the negative energy from anti-Ron Paul media, people, etc. can be draining. Just ignore all the BS.

DesignerJoes
01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
NO!..... it's ok to rest...but make it short !..... super tuesday is CLOSE upon us and THAT is the time when we will REALLY that Dr. Paul will get the nomination.

Goeran
01-08-2008, 09:34 AM
If the results are good, you won't feel any fatigue anymore. :)

It's fun to win!

tcindie
01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
I've been up for 2 days. starting to get a little tired now (finally)

I've been reading about the NAU all night.. that's some scary stuff --- well that and everything else that goes along with it.