PDA

View Full Version : Ernest Hancock is a Hero of the Ron Paul Revolution

DanielDeibler
01-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I felt this needed its own thread. If you've had the pleasure of meeting Ernest Hancock, share your experience with others on this thread.

The "Ron Paul Revolution" started in Phoenix. Ernest Hancock, from "Freedom's Phoenix" came up with the Revolution logo for his own campaign. Then, when Dr. Paul announced his candidacy, Ernest modified the Revolution logo to be a Ron Paul logo. Ernest has done so much for the grassroots campaign. He constantly travels around the country to motivate Meetup groups to be active and give them all sorts of free supplies and stencils. Ernest, with the help of the Philly sign shop, and a few members of the Tidewater Virginia Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/31/) made the giant 50 foot Ron Paul Revolution banner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FkAzGGBBiY) many of you saw at the Philadelphia Liberty Rally (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LnvNySqghc). He was also a major player in the truck stop-turned-giant Ron Paul ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7rK8FP3Pcg) and the massive undertaking of making sure that every New Hampshire community of more than 5,000 people had their main street "flyered to death". (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gCQKLqO_0k)

Xonox
01-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Is he related to John Hancock?

UtahApocalypse
01-07-2008, 06:51 PM
He does not get the credit he deserves. While other have been out making a name for themselves there are others working hard to win this.

tastynaan
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
bump!

hopeforamerica
01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I've been to his humble home. Ernest stated recently that he doesn't want to have any regrets. He is tireless. While he has been working hard in New Hampshire for a month, his wife Donna his been working Nevada. He is the unsung hero of this movement, and he doesn't care. His mission is to spread the revolution as far and wide as he can.

DanielDeibler
01-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I've been to his humble home. Ernest stated recently that he doesn't want to have any regrets. He is tireless. While he has been working hard in New Hampshire for a month, his wife Donna his been working Nevada. He is the unsung hero of this movement, and he doesn't care. His mission is to spread the revolution as far and wide as he can.

So I'm guessing you've heard some of his stories and wisdom? :)
I had the immense privelege of driving with him from Norfolk, VA to Philadelphia, PA and back again. I learned so much from that experience. It was truly inspiring.
Just like Ron Paul, Ernest "gets it".

Am I the only one who's thinking Paul/Hancock '08? :D

hopeforamerica
01-07-2008, 07:18 PM
So I'm guessing you've heard some of his stories and wisdom? :)
I had the immense privelege of driving with him from Norfolk, VA to Philadelphia, PA and back again. I learned so much from that experience. It was truly inspiring.
Just like Ron Paul, Ernest "gets it".

Am I the only one who's thinking Paul/Hancock '08? :D

Well, Ernie does like to talk ;) And as he says "I so frickin get it!! He does have so many great stories and connections. He is highly entertaining. He gave an AWESOME speech at a freedom conference here in Phoenix. Standing ovation! He is very inspiring. We all need to work as hard as Ernie.

DanielDeibler
01-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Well, Ernie does like to talk ;) And as he says "I so frickin get it!! He does have so many great stories and connections. He is highly entertaining. He have an AWESOME speech at a freedom conference here in Phoenix. Standing ovation! He is very inspiring. We all need to work as hard as Ernie.

Wow, that's a stunning thought. If all Ron Paul supporters worked as hard as Ernest Hancock...wow...by this point, you'd have to be living under a rock on a deserted island to have not heard of Ron Paul and be in love with him, and even then, you'd certainly still see the skywriting, air-towed banners and laser-etched moon portrait and be wondering who the f--- Ron Paul is and why his planes, blimps and boats haven't seen you waving for help.

hopeforamerica
01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Lol!

Voodoo
01-07-2008, 08:42 PM
I just got a kick out of reading this thread to Ernie in my best theatrical voice.

Ernest Hancock
01-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the thought, but I can think of dozens of people that would serve the cause in that position much better.

I like being exactly where I am, nurturing the roots of the grass. This is where I do the most good.

(Didn't take long for this information to get to me :)

We got a while before we start thinking about this position. My first thought was Karen Kwiatkowski,... one of the many good reasons is because she likely wouldn't do it.

AdoubleR
01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Bump and a thanks for Honest Ernie...

Dustancostine
01-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I met Ernie at the Iowa Straw poll and helped him build a couple of signs and learned a ton. I will forever be in debt to him for the education and friendship I received.

--Dustan

Throwback280s
01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Its as if Ernie put his "Hancock" on the beginning of the Revolution. It would make John Hancock proud considering he is continuing what that founder started.

David McElroy
01-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Ernie has politely said "Hell No!" to this proposal, God Bless his humility. I first met Ernie in 1992 at the Arizona State Fair, where he was signing folks up for the Libertarian Party. I have found him to be the most politically astute and principled people I have ever known. Not only is he a decent honest family man educating his kids in a Christian school, not only is he very consistent on the principles of liberty, but he has the strength and drive to lead. When I had decided to stop administering the Arizona Breakfast Club, a patriotic forum where I had often asked Ernie to speak, I invited Ernie to sieze the day. He now leads the club. He is a great libertarian man for the Ron Paul team, strong, intelligent, focussed, and driven for freedom.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah that guy is awesome!!

AzGundude
01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
If you've had the pleasure of meeting Ernest Hancock, share your experience with others on this thread.

I've had the honor of knowing Ernie since 1991, and I am privileged to call him a friend, as well as his wife Donna, without who's support and dedication to the fight for freedom as well, he'd never be able to do what he has done. Its a team effort. I can assure you, because I've been a guest in the Hancock house several times over the years (and an employee at his family pizzaria, which is now gone), he ain't in this for money or power. As he'll tell you if you ever get to ask him in person,...there are sooooooooooo many other things he could have been doing over the last 20 years if his passion was either of those. Neither is recognition or stroking of ego what motivates him. (Though I know he enjoys it as much as the next guy. Who doesn't?)

Shall I talk about the time he got arrested for holding a protest sign at a Janet Reno appearance in Phoenix, where he refused to give up his 1st Amendment rights and lower his sign? Shall I talk about how it was Ernie and I (mostly Ernie), who finally got Arizonans the ability to carry concealed weapons without being prosecuted, despite the failed attempts of the previous 9 legislative sessions to make any progress? There's the time when we went to see Spaceship One, the first private spacecraft make the first private space flight, where Ernie got his sign photographed in the hands of the pilot as the returned craft made its victory lap on the tarmac, reading "Spaceship One, Government Zero". There are lots of stories. Most of them small, local activism. But all were important not so much in the immediate political impact they did or didn't have. They were most valuable in how they taught others how they could take responsibility and get involved and have an effect of their own.

When Ernie gets an idea that sparks something in him, he doesn't usually think twice about it. He just DOES it. You see that through the entire Ron Paul phenomenon. I can't tell you how many times I've been present when people come up to Ernie and say, "Here's a great idea. Somebody should do this." His answer is always the same: That someone is YOU. No one is as excited about it as you. No one has that vision of it like you. No one will maintain their energy and persistence toward that goal like you. YOU are the best person for the job. And if it isn't a good enough idea to motivate yourself to go do it, how is it gonna attract anybody else? If you won't go do it, the idea deserves to die.

To me, no matter whether Ron gets the nomination or not, that is gonna be the real lasting gem of this election season;...that all the Ron Paul supporters have been awakened to the fact they can do something and they are not powerless. Just as you have no rights unless you know what they are, so too do you have no power over the political game unless you know what you can do. That empowerment and self-realization will have a positive lasting effect in this country for years to come.

And it shall be in part because of Ernest Hancock!

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/atfsux/SpaceshipOneGovernmentZero_2.jpg

Cleaner44
01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
One of the things I have heard Ernie say that I like best is "I am all about freeing minds". He really gets it what freedom means.

slamhead
01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
As I said before the Wiki on the revolution has to be edited to include his name.