PDA

View Full Version : YouTube of Tucker hit piece

Naraku
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I didn't see it but it sounds like this guy said some kooky stuff. I think the best way to address this is YouTube it and edit to where he says nothing but the kooky stuff.

You know: Do you have any proof Ron Paul said this? No, I haven't seen that and "Ron Paul speaks in code," because that just makes it sound like he's pulling it all out of his ass.

Basically make him look like a kook trying to smear Ron Paul with completely baseless allegations. Counter it with quotes directly attributable to Ron Paul about Martin Luther King Junior and his use of civil disobedience and how the solution to racism is liberty. Actual video of him saying things like that would be perfect.

Make this attack look like the fraud it is.

yongrel
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
no youtube!

stefans
01-07-2008, 06:30 PM
I disagree. if it was that obvious that he was a kook the best thing we can do is ignore it until someone else brings it up.
something always sticks, even if you disprove it.

zmall88
01-07-2008, 06:31 PM
WHAT HAPPENED???!?!?!?!?!?!?! everyones talking about some hit piece but what happened?

LibertyEagle
01-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Check Bad Media Reporting on this forum.

stefans
01-07-2008, 06:33 PM
WHAT HAPPENED???!?!?!?!?!?!?! everyones talking about some hit piece but what happened?

allegations of racism on tucker. I haven't seen it, and I don't want to see it on youtube for a day or two until it's old news!

Naraku
01-07-2008, 06:35 PM
If there's not a response to this it will spread through anti-Paul sources and into the mainstream. There has to be a response prepared something in the manner of discrediting the guy, discrediting the source, and then showing what Ron Paul truly stands for.

Bison
01-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Do not youtube.

literatim
01-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Naraku, you do realize these threads are being moved out of Grassroots for a reason? You've been on this forum since October, you should know where to post this crap.

Xonox
01-07-2008, 06:38 PM
lol, first they try to discredit Ron Paul by calling him a kook, then they get kooks to try to discredit him.

stefans
01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
If there's not a response to this it will spread through anti-Paul sources and into the mainstream. There has to be a response prepared something in the manner of discrediting the guy, discrediting the source, and then showing what Ron Paul truly stands for.

go ahead. prepare a video, research that guy, whatever.
but it should be a response, not deliberately spreading a hitpiece.

I think there is a good chance noone will pick it up besides maybe dailykos in a couple of days

querty
01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
It's funny how everyone wants to use the same methods as Fox (censoring) if we run into something we don't like. It's BS in my opinion.

Vaughn
01-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Oh so true, I could not agree more!

The campaign needs to wake up from their proverbial coma and fight this smear claw, tooth and nail.

michaelwise
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
This is the guy.
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1111232/photo_06_hires.jpg

JMann
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Tucker is the gay basher and he comes out the night before NH and calls Paul a racist- He was involved in a hate crime against some gay guy in a bathroom. I've known it for a long time, others seem to be in denial but MSNBC is just as bad if not far worse than FOX.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B996XPC2eD8&feature=related

Vaughn
01-07-2008, 06:42 PM
go ahead. prepare a video, research that guy, whatever.
but it should be a response, not deliberately spreading a hitpiece.

I think there is a good chance noone will pick it up besides maybe dailykos in a couple of days

I disagree, if the campaign stays silent on this issue then most media outlets will construe that silence as proof of guilt. If the campaign does not fight this we could be in serious trouble. they have known the baseless attacks would be coming I hope they have something prepared...

MGreen
01-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Let Paul deal with it. There's no reason we should help the interview spread across the internet.

stefans
01-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Let Paul deal with it. There's no reason we should help the interview spread across the internet.

+1. I'm not argueing against a response by the campaign.

Vaughn
01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
+1. I'm not argueing against a response by the campaign.

It is imperative that the campaign respond in the most forceful way possible.

Bison
01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Nobody is calling for censorship. The fact is nobody watches Tucker. Why expose people to it that would have never seen it? Besides it's not our job to answer this charge for Ron Paul, people who are interested will want to hear it from him himself. Besides he has already answered this charge about the newsletter and it was disregarded by most media as a bogus charge.

Son of Freedom
01-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Someone from another campaign will youtube, are we that naive?

me3
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
It's already on 3rd party watch as a blog post. No YouTube, but it is being discussed.

RP4Pres2008
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I want to see this too...hiding it does nothing.

I want to get out and defend this! :mad:

stefans
01-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Someone from another campaign will youtube, are we that naive?

it might take a while. which is important.

Cimbri
01-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Let CanWest Media Works International know that we will not allow this slander of Dr. Paul's character to continue

Naraku
01-07-2008, 06:58 PM
If the word of a pathological liar like Bill White can end up on a New York Times blog imagine where this could end up. There needs to be a response prepared, though not necessarily put up until it gets reported elsewhere.

RevolutionSD
01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
What happened??????????
Is Tucker a WOLF in sheeps clothing?
If he pulled something I'm going to go APESHIT!

RevolutionSD
01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
bump

can someone PLEASE tell me what happened??

voytechs
01-07-2008, 07:11 PM
I streamed it for a few people, but I did not put it on YouTube. Its total nonsense. Many accusations, 0 proof. Supposably coming on Friday. This was done purposely by MSNBC to slow Dr. Paul down in NH.

I sent an email to the campaign and let them know about this. Also offered to send them the video if they need to review it.

Naraku
01-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Prepare a counter to the claims using the video in case this hits the rest of the MSM. Ron Paul wins New Hampshire you can bet they'll make this a story.