PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Clarify The Spartanburg Details For Me?

BuddyRey
07-19-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm not all clear on the happenings in Spartanburg. I RSVP'ed on the Eventful pages, but someone told me I had to RSVP by phone. Is this true? And if so, am I too late? Also, am I to understand that the airport thing and the GOP lunch are too separate events? I know my density is unforgivable, but sometimes the science of politics just baffles me! :eek:

Also, who is this much-maligned Rick Beltram character? :confused: :confused: :confused:

beermotor
07-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Yes - you need to contact this Alice person. Uh... hrm. Try the sticky up top? Crap, I'm too drunk to figure this out for you right now. Sorry man. I hope you can make it. Maybe just show up and see if they will let you in for $25.

We really need to pack the place, seriously.

MsDoodahs
07-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Beltram is the GOP chair of Spartanburg County South Carolina. He was quoted in the local newspaper there (go upstate is the name, I think) as proclaiming Ron Paul would be BANNED in his county because he (Beltram) doesn't agree with the concept of "blowback" and he (Beltram) was infuriated by Dr. Paul's comments in that earlier debate (you may recall it, Dr. Paul made Julie Annie look like a frikken idiot :D ).

RP supporters bombarded Beltram with calls and emails, and he (Beltram) began claiming he had invited Dr. Paul earlier but that Dr. Paul didn't respond (I don't think Beltram ever produced anything to prove he had issued such an invitation, but ... whatever ...)

Beltram ended up saying he would hold an event for Dr. Paul so Dr. Paul could explain his position.

Campaign HQ and Beltram got together and they got this event on the schedule.

Now you know why Beltram is "much-maligned" here. :)