PDA

View Full Version : How to Respond to Charges of Racism against RP!!!

thoughtbombing
01-07-2008, 06:03 PM
First: LAUGH IN THEIR FACES

Second: Use his words against them--

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul68.html

What Really Divides Us?

by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

The overwhelming media response to recent remarks by Senator Trent Lott shows that the nation remains incredibly sensitive about matters of race, despite the outward progress of the last 40 years. A nation that once prided itself on a sense of rugged individualism has become uncomfortably obsessed with racial group identities.

In the aftermath of the Lott debacle, we must not allow the term "states’ rights" to be smeared and distorted into code words for segregationist policies or racism. States’ rights simply means the individual states should retain authority over all matters not expressly delegated to the federal government in Article I of the Constitution. Most of the worst excesses of big government can be traced to a disregard for states’ rights, which means a disregard for the Ninth and Tenth amendments. The real reason liberals hate the concept of states’ right has nothing to do with racism, but rather reflects a hostility toward anything that would act as a limit on the power of the federal government.

Yet it is the federal government more than anything else that divides us along race, class, religion, and gender lines. The federal government, through its taxes, restrictive regulations, corporate subsidies, racial set-asides, and welfare programs, plays far too large a role in determining who succeeds and who fails in our society. This government "benevolence" crowds out genuine goodwill between men by institutionalizing group thinking, thus making each group suspicious that others are receiving more of the government loot. Americans know that factors other than merit in the free market often play a part in the success of some, and this leads to resentment and hostility between us.

Still, the left argues that stringent federal laws are needed to combat racism, always implying of course that southern states are full of bigoted rednecks who would oppress minorities if not for the watchful eye of Washington. They ignore, however, the incredible divisiveness created by their collectivist big-government policies.

Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals. Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups.

Conservatives and libertarians should fight back and challenge the myth that collectivist liberals care more about racism. Modern liberalism, however well intentioned, is a byproduct of the same collectivist thinking that characterizes racism. The continued insistence on group thinking only inflames racial tensions.

The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence, not skin color, gender, or ethnicity. In a free market, businesses that discriminate lose customers, goodwill, and valuable employees – while rational businesses flourish by choosing the most qualified employees and selling to all willing buyers. More importantly, in a free society every citizen gains a sense of himself as an individual, rather than developing a group or victim mentality. This leads to a sense of individual responsibility and personal pride, making skin color irrelevant. Rather than looking to government to correct what is essentially a sin of the heart, we should understand that reducing racism requires a shift from group thinking to an emphasis on individualism.

December 24, 2002

lasenorita
01-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Here's a little (long) post from a different forum:

Ron Paul a racist and/or approves of racism?

Ron Paul being a white supremacist or supporting any racist viewpoint is illogical. Read his writings. Listen to his speeches. Do your own research instead on relying on articles falsely accusing him of immorality written by those pushing their own agenda.

If you point to the newsletter articles that was written by a fired ghostwriter fifteen years ago as proof of his racism, then I'll point you to the Texas Monthly article that flat out states "In four terms as a U.S. congressman and one presidential race, Paul had never uttered anything remotely like this" or even a more recent article by the New York Times Magazine that says he denied the allegations "quite believably, since the style diverges widely from his own."

His Congressional district has a large black population. You'd think if he was such a big racist, they wouldn't have elected him for ten terms. Rasmussen reports that he garners the most support from African-American voters in the Republican race. And why would Ron Paul suggest noted economist Walter Williams as Vice-President or consider Rep. Barbara Jordan a 'delightful lady' if he was filled with so much hate?

Yes, Don Black gave the campaign $500. But why give it back to him so that he can promote his hate when the campaign can use it to promote freedom? Ron Paul was asked about the donation by Fox News. Listen to his reply: [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqPhrqllHzY]. And just to clarify, Ron Paul regards the belief of white supremacy as "immoral": [http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/350/video.html].

Also:

"Sources close to the editorial group that published the newsletter (or newsletters) that supposedly carried the comments claim that Ron Paul never had anything to do with them, and wasn’t even aware of them."

Source: http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews-print.asp?nid=41822 )

OptionsTrader
01-07-2008, 06:15 PM
To consider a libertarian a racist is oxymoronic to anyone with a brain.

All voters need to do is read the "racism"section of the campaign's website, if they don't have the intellect to do that, they probably aren't considering voting for Ron anyway.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/racism
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=7

Cimbri
01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Show the "New republic" who the people of the Republic really are. Show them that we will not stand for this smear tactic and that we will challange their false accusations.

Vaughn
01-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Remember in 1988 Paul was one of the few who argued against the war on drugs because it was unconstitutional and it discriminated against African Americans-just look at the clip on Morton Downey, that does not sound like a racist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo

Also Paul has said in past interviews (for instance the Google interview) that he supports the rights of individuals (gay or straight) to get married. I mean seriously that does not sound at all racist in fact its just the opposite...Hope the campaign uses some of these facts to blow this smear out of the water...problem is they seem to go into a coma each time this happens :(

Eponym_mi
01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Tell me these asshats just "suddenly" came across this BS today. :mad:

TheConstitutionLives
01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
His all-time idols are JEWS (Mises, Rothbard). What kind of racists models their philosophy after jewish men? They don't. The racism charge is stupid.

You want to secure the borders = you're a racisits.

You want to cut taxes = you don't care about poor people.

You want to eliminate federal involvement in education = you don't care about the kids

You don't want socialized medicine = you're a heartless bastard.

walt
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/racism
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=7

that should be on the front page asap

Mithridates
01-07-2008, 06:30 PM
First: LAUGH IN THEIR FACES

Second: Use his words against them--

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul68.html

The first question in this video is good too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njne6PA-h6s

angrydragon
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=41822

http://69.65.26.137/~ronpaula/RonPaulStephanieMillerShow120607.m3u

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/malone2.html

voytechs
Just think about. If they have to make up stuff like that, that means that according to their own real-polls, they know RP can win this thing. This is a desparate attempt to slow him down.

This tells me that we're are much farther ahead than any of us had thought.

Redcard
You just tell the truth.

He had a staffer who was a racist who used the oppurtunity to reach people for his own ends. The staffer was fired, end of story.

Definitely don't laugh in people's face. This is a serious allegation. Just tell them the truth.

Danny Molina
01-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I think Dr. Paul needs to hold a press conference before this thing starts to get ugly.

lasenorita
01-07-2008, 06:38 PM
I can't help but add to TheConstitutionLives' post:

You want the troops home = you don't support the troops
You don't sound like Giuliani,McCain, et al = you're not a Republican
You have huge support online = they're all spammers living in their mother's basement
You have supporters who are Truthers, etc. = you're a conspiracy theorist
You're strongly pro-life = you hate women
You're for a gold standard = you're nuts/a kook/insert derogatory term here

I could go on and on... :rolleyes:

hillertexas
01-07-2008, 06:53 PM
bump

Energy
01-07-2008, 06:58 PM
What racist would call Rosa Parks a hero and uphold the Constitution for her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs-0AXWV8so

allyinoh
01-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Also, the National ID card. He is against it for various reasons, the one that would go along with racism is that he opposes it because the criteria for having the "ID Card" would be people who "looked like they are illegal."

The other candidates support that. Supporting the Id card to me seems pretty racist and stereotypical.

Anyone else thought of that this way? I think his non-support shows that he is not racist, and of course there are other reasons he opposes it.

dblee
01-08-2008, 12:13 AM
someone forward this to tucker =\

tsetsefly
01-08-2008, 12:17 AM
His all-time idols are JEWS (Mises, Rothbard). What kind of racists models their philosophy after jewish men? They don't. The racism charge is stupid.

You want to secure the borders = you're a racisits.

You want to cut taxes = you don't care about poor people.

You want to eliminate federal involvement in education = you don't care about the kids

You don't want socialized medicine = you're a heartless bastard.

he named his son after Ayn Rand, a jew! this claims are so

tsetsefly
01-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Also, the National ID card. He is against it for various reasons, the one that would go along with racism is that he opposes it because the criteria for having the "ID Card" would be people who "looked like they are illegal."

The other candidates support that. Supporting the Id card to me seems pretty racist and stereotypical.

Anyone else thought of that this way? I think his non-support shows that he is not racist, and of course there are other reasons he opposes it.

yes, someone complie all the info in this thread an email it to tucker, i will do it later today when i wake up...

trey4sports
01-08-2008, 12:23 AM
good article

Czolgosz
01-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi all, had to sign up here to see what all the talk is about RP being a racist. From listening to Dr. Paul for the last few months the racism charges don't seem to fit.

Here is the list of quotes I've seen being sent around the 'net;

“[O]ur country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists—and they can be identified by the color of their skin.”

“I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city [Washington, D.C.] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.”

“We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, but it is hardly irrational.”

“The riots, burning, looting, and murders are only a continuation of 30 years of racial politics.”

“The criminals who terrorize our cities—in riots and on every non-riot day—are not exclusively young black males, but they largely are. As children, they are trained to hate whites, to believe that white oppression is responsible for all black ills, to “fight the power,” and to steal and loot as much money from the white enemy as possible. Anything is justified against ‘The Man.’ And ‘The Woman.’’”

“My friend waved to the tiny [African-American] child, who scowled, stuck out her tongue, and said (somewhat tautologically): “I hate you, white honkey.” And the parents were indulgent. Is any white child taught to hate in this way?” [As a matter of fact, Paul has appeared on a radio program called “The Political Cesspool,” which has featured the neo-Nazi twin pop stars Prussian Blue. –ed.]

“But this is normal, and in fact benign, compared to much of the anti-white ideology in the thoroughly racist black community. The black leadership indoctrinates its followers with phony history and phony theory to bolster its claims of victimology.”

“Korean-Americans, hated by blacks, never riot, and in fact are some of the most productive people in America (the reason for black hatred).”

“The cause of the riots is plain: barbarism. If the barbarians cannot loot sufficiently through legal channels (i.e., the riots being the welfare-state minus the middleman), they resort to illegal ones, to terrorism.”

“We must not kowtow to the street hoodlums and their sanctimonious leaders.”

“Regardless of what the media tell us, most white Americans are not going to believe that they are at fault for what blacks have done to cities across America. The professional blacks may have cowed the elites, but good sense survives at the grass roots.”

“Indeed, it is shocking to consider the uniformity of opinion among blacks in this country.”

“Blacks have ‘civil rights,’ preferences, set-asides for government contracts, gerrymandered voting districts, black bureaucracies, black mayors, black curricula in schools, black beauty contests, black TV shows, black TV anchors, black scholarships and colleges, hate crime laws, and public humiliation for anyone who dares question the black agenda.”

Source: The Ron Paul Report, “Los Angeles Racial Terrorism”

“Black males age 13 that have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary, and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such.”

Source: The Ron Paul Political/Survival report, 1990-1994, excerpted by the Austin Chronicle

Conspiracist Pull Quotes:

“We now know that we are under assault from thugs and revolutionaries who hate Euro-American civilization and everything it stands for: private property, material success for those who earn it, and Christian morality.”

“In San Francisco and perhaps other cities, says expert Burt Blumert, the rioting was led by red-flag carrying members of the Revolutionary Communist Party and the Workers World Party, both Trotskyite-Maoist.”

“Many people tried to buy guns to protect themselves. But, whoops, California has a 14-day waiting period. And then, just to make sure honest Californians could not get ammunition for the firearms they already owned (poor ragefilled youth might be shot), Mayor Tom Bradley ordered all gun and ammo shops closed, a great help to criminals who had stocked up earlier, or who could simply break in and loot.”

“Several days after the violence ended, we learned that there would have been blacks on the King jury—if the NAACP hadn’t engaged in jury tampering by telling potential black jurors that it was their racial duty to convict the cops. The blacks admitted this to defense lawyers, and were rightly excluded from jury. This is a serious crime, but the NAACP will not be prosecuted.”

“Two years ago, in a series of predictions for the 1990s, I said that race riots would erupt in our large cities. I’m now predicting this will be the major problem of the 1990s.” [Helter Skelter, anybody?—ed.]

Source: The Ron Paul Report, “Los Angeles Racial Terrorism”

“Last month I reported on massive, illegal spying by the Anti-Defamation League of B’nai Brith against its perceived opponents, as revealed in California. The ADL keeps track of people and groups from left to right, and purchases illegally obtained information on Americans from its agents in police departments in order to prepare and maintain hundreds of thousands of dossiers.”

“The [Los Angeles] Times also brought to light the ADL’s work against ‘cults,’ especially interesting given the BATF [Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms]-ADL connection.”

“It was such a seminar [i.e. a cult awareness training seminar], arranged by the ADL, that targeted the Branch Davidians in the first place.”

Source: The Ron Paul Survival Report, June 15, 1993

“The intensity with which Israel lobbies in the U.S. Congress is surpassed only by its media campaigns to drown all criticism of Israel. Prominent U.S. Editors and media owners don’t even pretend to objectivity on the issue. They all follow the advice of Norman Podhoretz, editor of the influential neo-conservative magazine Commentary….” [Our emphasis –ed.]

“This bias [Martin Peretz’s] informs every opinion expressed in The New Republic. For example, it opposed Contra aid until the Sandinista government showed sympathy for the PLO.”

Source: The Ron Paul Political Report, date uncertain

“If this walking bomb had gone off, it would have demolished the House Chamber and most of the congressmen in it. Yet this attempted terrorist attack was buried by the media. Why? Because the perpetrator was an undoubtedly mad Israeli, furious over alleged slights to his country… [T]he Israeli lobby deep-sixed the story, and no one outside of Congress ever head about it.”

Source: The Ron Paul Political Report, date uncertain

“The Earth Summit is the creepiest meeting of politicos since the first gathering of Bolsheviks. Officially known as the UN Conference for Environment and Development, it will be held in Brazil in June; bad guys from all over the globe will attend.”

“[Hillary Clinton] is one of the most dangerous women in public life. Not only is she a fanatical abortion advocate, she wants parents to register with the government as a condition for having children to be able to sue and `divorce’ themselves from their parents. Maybe her daughter ought to sue her parents for attempting to raise her as a leftist. That sure qualifies as abuse to me.”

“Disgruntled taxpayer Dean Hicks fired bombs through mortars at night at buildings of the Internal Revenue Service in California. Hicks did damage federal property, but no individuals were injured… Hicks was sentenced to 20 years in prison, given a $45,000 fine, and ordered to pay $335,000 in restitution to the IRS. If he had been a serial murderer, he would not have gotten this sort of sentence.”

“There is good news after the L.A. riots. Statewide, gun sales are up 45% over the same period last year. People have been purchasing a record number. If the cops are not going to take care of the problem, the people will.”

Redcard
01-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Basically, Ron Paul had a newsletter.

These things were written in the newsletter.

Ron Paul claims he didn't know they were being written in his newsletter, and that he had no editorial control.

Ernest
01-09-2008, 01:01 PM
In order to talk about or even respond to this kind of crap. It has to be defined. I guarantee that you ask 100 different people to define "racism " and you will come up with many different answers. Even on this board.

Just because race is mentioned doesn't mean it is"racism". It does not apply to only whites and if "people of color" can promote thier color and it is not "racist" so can whites. Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

All of this antithetical to RP and his position of individual Liberty but as long as "people of color" can promote thier race and act like they are special then so can whites.