PDA

View Full Version : Manpower Needed! Please Respond.

athena0626
07-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I needed to start a new thread for this so that we can really start focusing hard on some of these projects. Two of the projects I am heading are now full speed ahead and I need to know as soon as possible how many people are going to be in on this. We need as much as help as we can get. These projects are going to be really fun so I can't imagine not having a swarm of volunteers, but I need to get some more solid numbers as soon as possible for planning purposes.

FIRST:
I want to discuss the Iowa calling project, because we have very little time before the Straw poll on August 11. Our help in crucial to whether or not Ron Paul wins this poll, and his winning is obviously crucial to the progression of success in the national campaign.

So... Who would like to volunteer to make calls to Iowa? I know that not everyone feels comfortable doing this... I have never done anything like this in my life, but I am willing to try. We need as many people as possible.

I know I already received some responses. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Matt Ellison, Jon Abbott, and John Byrne are in.

I need to provide the coordinators with the number of people in our group, as well as how many calls we can handle. To figure this out I need to figure out, when, how often and for how long we will be meeting together to do this. Will Pitts has provided a place to meet, and telephones.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you want to help. Also, let me know what your schedule is like, i.e. what nights or weekends you can meet, and for how long. If you think you might have an idea of how many you might be able to handle per hour, let me know that as well. Also, if you would like to make additional calls on your own time, how many do you think you can make away from the group. There are 3 more weekends before the poll.

The campaign said this:
"We will give you sample scripts if you feel you need them, plus a guideline of appropriate conduct and tone, and information that should be included in every call. We promise that this program is simple and user friendly for even the least computer-inclined."

SECOND:
I know everyone wants to know what's going on with the sign campaign. We are going to start very soon, and Will Pitts and his company are providing us with tons of help on this. They are making stencils, gathering lots of supplies, and giving us an empty business space to use as an unofficial headquarters/place to make signs and banners. The first round of supplies will be available by next week. (I think when we figure out our finances, we should contribute to this.) Since we don't exactly know how much of what we will need, we are running on speculation for right now, but to start, I am using the Memphis event as a model for ours. But again, our planning will greatly depend on how many volunteers we have for this.

So... who is interested in helping with the sign campaign? If possible, we might start to make some next weekend (July 28-29), but no later than the weekend after that (Aug 4-5). There's a very good chance we are going to want to do this more than once, as well.

I am not sure exactly when the first overnight will be, but it will almost definitely be a Sunday night. We will reach the largest number of people and make the biggest impact if we hit Monday morning traffic. I would like to find out if it would be possible to coordinate the entire state of Florida on this, so I will wait to hear back from John Stevens after the conference call before setting an official date. If we could get the whole state to do this on a large scale on the same night, we can almost guarantee news coverage. Then we will really reach a lot of people.

But for now I need two things:

how many people can participate
ideas of where we can put signs and banners

Here's what I have so far:

the end of Town Center Parkway, at the dead end near Costco
I-95 and Emerson fenced in overpass
any of the overpasses over Arlington Expressway
I saw some possibilities on Hodges
I read on the forum somewhere that for smaller signs, Liquid Nails works awesome and is really, really hard to take down

Please get back to me as soon as possible, and thank you!

JS4Pat
07-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Great Job Athena!

Count me in on both Projects

Calls to Iowa

Availability:
Mon 7/23 (6:00pm – 8:00pm)
Wed 7/25 (6:00pm – 8:00pm)
Wed 8/01 (6:00pm – 8:00pm)
Thurs 8/02 (6:00pm – 8:00pm)
Wed 8/08 (6:00pm – 8:00pm)
Thurs 8/09 (6:00pm – 8:00pm)

Number of Calls:
I’m guessing roughly 20 calls per hour – so 40 for each of my above 2 hour shifts
I could also take an extra list of 50 people with me and be responsible for calling all of them between now and August 11th.

Sign Campaign

Availability:
I can’t do it the 28-29 July weekend – but I’m in for the weekend of August 4th – 5th

Locations:

For the banners – maybe the overpass where JTB runs into A1A

For the signs – definitely the JTB/I-95 Exits. Rush hour traffic is always crawling on and off of those exit ramps.

lil
07-19-2007, 07:32 PM
I am available for sign making either weekend.

I do not feel comfortable making calls but maybe if I listen in on how the calls are handled I will build up confidence. Good luck!

phoo_m_d
07-20-2007, 05:44 AM
I can do the weekend of August 4-5.

acejoca
07-20-2007, 06:00 AM
yes I am in on both projects.

on my schedule I can be available mon - friday 5pm - 10 pm ish and any time on every weekend. I have plenty of time on my schedule. thanks.

mryanjax
07-20-2007, 07:58 AM
I can do signs the weekend of the August 4-5th....

Where can I get a copy of the script for the telephone calls (assuming there is a script)?

athena0626
07-20-2007, 12:03 PM
As soon as I turn in the final count, they will send the info and scripts.

Are you available weeknights around 6 to make calls, or will you do them on your own? How many can you handle per hour?

RCA
07-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Count me in for the Iowa phone calls. I probably will just make the calls on my own via cellphone as my work hours are not predictable. Count me in for 20 calls/day times the total number of days left.

As for the sign campaign my wife and I can help on the August 4-5th weekend.

:D

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 02:42 PM
///

athena0626
07-23-2007, 10:12 AM
I just got numbers but no script. Does anyone have a script I can use?

Sample script sent to me:
"Hi, Mr. /Mrs. _________________. My name is ____________ and I am a volunteer calling in support of Congressman Ron Paul. He is running for president and we would like to invite you to join us at the Iowa Straw Poll in Ames on Saturday, August 11th from 10 am to 6 pm. Ron Paul is currently in his 10th term in Congress, and has proven to be committed to lowering taxes and protecting individuals' rights. We would really appreciate your support. Why don't you check out his website at www.ronpaul2008.com ? You can learn all about him and his positions. If you believe in tax reform and personal freedoms, and agree that supporting Congressman Paul is the best way to achieve that, the best way to support him is to vote for Ron Paul at the Straw Poll. To RSVP and get more information, go to the website and click the Iowa icon at the top of the page. We hope you can join us, and we appreciate your time."

I hope this helps.

athena0626
07-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Please Let Me Know Who Will Be Ready To Begin Calling Iowa This Wednesday Evening.

Let Me Know When You Can Start And How Long You Can Stay. We Must Finish By 9:30 Est Each Evening. I Will Be Ready With Calling Lists And Scripts For Each Person. We Have Plenty Of Names.

Please Reply Asap So I Know How Many To Expect.

Thanks!!!

JS4Pat
07-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Please Let Me Know Who Will Be Ready To Begin Calling Iowa This Wednesday Evening.

Let Me Know When You Can Start And How Long You Can Stay. We Must Finish By 9:30 Est Each Evening. I Will Be Ready With Calling Lists And Scripts For Each Person. We Have Plenty Of Names.

Please Reply Asap So I Know How Many To Expect.

Thanks!!!

I am available as soon as I can get finished at work - probably can be there by 6:15pm and I will stay and work until 9:30pm

acejoca
07-23-2007, 11:58 AM
hey unfortunately I have something else planned on this Wednesday and cant make it then. I am available every other day this week though. If I can make it there before 9 though then I definitely will. Sorry about that.

JS4Pat
07-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Is there anyone in the group available this Thursday evening (7/26) who is good with their hands? Terry is going to be cutting the stencils for the big sign making project and could use maybe 2 or 3 people to assist him. The stencils are going to be made out of a tough plastic like material - so the cutting will require some good hands.

gaunt
07-23-2007, 08:19 PM
signs 9a and JTB stop light, also on 9a where 95 merges into it

i can help with signs any weekend