PDA

View Full Version : Just Signed Up as Precinct Leader

Bold As Love
01-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Pretty exhilarating...kind of like the first time I jumped of the high-dive as a kid.

I'm looking for a little advice here. I am not a Republican. The ONLY thing that draws me to the Republican party is the candidacy of Ron Paul. In the primary that is the only race I indend to vote for. In November, I don't see any of them except for Dr. Paul receiving my vote. (to do otherwise would be almost as bad to me as voting Democrat).

I realize in talking with people, relating is the main thing. I probably would not offer that info to someone I know to be a strong Republican. My question is how much of that personal perspective is appropriate to share when talking with voters.

MY views don't really matter, RON PAUL's views do. But do you think that when dealing with someone I feel is a Democrat or Independant that it would be ok to say "hey, I'm a libertarian and am only going Republican for this candidate. That's how special his message is"?

literatim
01-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Everyone should. If one doesn't, they have zero room to complain about anything.

dante
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Pretty exhilarating...kind of like the first time I jumped of the high-dive as a kid.

I'm looking for a little advice here. I am not a Republican. The ONLY thing that draws me to the Republican party is the candidacy of Ron Paul. In the primary that is the only race I indend to vote for. In November, I don't see any of them except for Dr. Paul receiving my vote. (to do otherwise would be almost as bad to me as voting Democrat).

I realize in talking with people, relating is the main thing. I probably would not offer that info to someone I know to be a strong Republican. My question is how much of that personal perspective is appropriate to share when talking with voters.

MY views don't really matter, RON PAUL's views do. But do you think that when dealing with someone I feel is a Democrat or Independant that it would be to sey "hey, I'm a libertarian and am only going Republican for this candidate. That's how special his message is"

Talk to the dems in your precinct first as you are able to give them a firsthand heartfelt opinion on why they should vote republican for Ron Paul. Tell all the republicans that just like there were the "reagan democrats" there are now the "Ron Paul Republicans" of which you are one. Tell them Ron Paul is going to do for the party exactly what reagan did... a conservative administration with a principled leader whose integrity attracts enough democrats to ensure a sweeping victory in the general election.

efbailey
01-07-2008, 05:31 PM
congrats!
all imo,but as far as selling yourself,go with whatever your comfortable with if your cold calling or door knocking/canvassing.you gotta sell yourself before you sell the message.try to make a connection/conversation early.weather/sports/their home/art/pets/car/etc...
btw,a year ago i would say there is no way i'd vote Republican in '08 so i know where your coming from.