PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore Serves Endangered Fish @ Wedding

angelatc
07-19-2007, 05:16 PM
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22090734-5001031,00.html

ONLY one week after Live Earth, Al Gore's green credentials slipped while hosting his daughter's wedding in Beverly Hills.

Gore and his guests at the weekend ceremony dined on Chilean sea bass - arguably one of the world's most threatened fish species.

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Not sure where the article is on digg but apparently a company breeds them and sells them for food. Gore geoneot the fish from that place. Sad to say that doubled my love for Gore. If som made a company selling Pandas as food they would never go extinct lol!

Warhawk
07-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Not sure where the article is on digg but apparently a company breeds them and sells them for food. Gore geoneot the fish from that place. Sad to say that doubled my love for Gore. If som made a company selling Pandas as food they would never go extinct lol!

As someone who has worked in the fish industry, I am personally not aware of any farm-raised Chilean Sea Bass.

Chilean Sea Bass is one of the most overfished fish species in the world. Where I worked, we didn't even sell it because of that, even though it would have been profitable for us. Really, black cod is very similar. We had some people get angry and never come back, but, too bad.

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Not sure how trusty the telegraph is but heres the article. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/07/19/eagore119.xml

Tsoman
07-19-2007, 05:38 PM
It's stuff like overfishing that worries me so much more than global warming.

hillaryandgore
07-19-2007, 05:58 PM
I know Al Gore from direct contacts. Mr. Al Gore is a mentally sick criminal and we are asking that Mr. Gore to be arrested on murder charges. You can see my blog on this here:

http://hillaryandgore.blogspot.com/

angelatc
07-19-2007, 06:01 PM
It's stuff like overfishing that worries me so much more than global warming.

Yes, and it's one of the examples I use where I'm not sure the Libertarian philosophy would work. Fishermen are absolutely willing to fish their livelihoods right into extinction.

As for the Gore article,

Rather, the restaurant later confirmed, they had come from one of the world's few well-managed, sustainable populations of toothfish, and caught and documented in compliance with Marine Stewardship Council regulation

my husband is a fish guy. He said there is one and exactly one MSC certified facility in the world. It's in the South Georgia Islands. While it's possible Gore's fish came from there, it's just incredibly stupid for an environmentalist to eat a fish like that.

SeanEdwards
07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
He wanted to serve 'manbearpig', but the caterers told him all they had was endangered sea bass.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-19-2007, 10:39 PM
I hear he wanted roasted condore and buffalo sandwiches, but all he could get was the sea bass.

angelatc
07-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I wonder ho wmany private jets brought people to his daughter's wedding?