PDA

View Full Version : What do i do?

Nate K
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm 17, i'll sign up, but what do I do?

I live kinda out of the way in a small town in PA and don't have a car. i live near Pittsburgh and some other populated areas and have access to them for particular dates..

SolusSLX
01-08-2008, 01:10 AM
I think just get targeted information to the voters on the list and then find confirmed Ron Paul voters so they can be contacted to get them to the polls on election day.

Like print out the lists and get some slimjims and do a door-to-door literature drop one day, then another day after they've had time to read it you go out and knock on the same doors to talk to the people. Find out more about them and write it down on your printout and then update the database, and see if they're going to vote for Ron Paul so they can be contacted again to make sure they actually vote, and you can address any of their concerns if they ask about an issue. Watch the training videos to find out more.

You could try contacting other Precinct Leaders in your area and see if you can work together sometime. Maybe they can pick you up to help out with canvassing. It might be better to try contacting people through your nearest ronpaul.meetup.com

ColdSoul
01-08-2008, 02:14 AM
Here is what it seems to me the training videos say to do:

1. Look at your list you will have the following info:

A. Name
B: Address
C: Party Affiliation (R=Republican, D=Democrat, U=Undeclared, etc)
D: Number indicating how conservative/liberal they are
E: Letters indicating there main issued (G is for Gun rights, L is for the right to Life, T is for lower Taxes and spending. Some states also have their own micro-targeting info, and in that case, you may see "I" for opposing Illegal Immigration, "J" for protecting American Jobs, "C" for opposing Corruption of power, or "P" for opposing Pork barrel legislation. Additionally, each instance where a voter meets criteria for more than one letter, the
letter of the issue that they care about the most is capitalized, while the other(s) are lower-case.)

2. Get some fliers, slim-jims, liberty cards, dvds (especially of the ones you will need for the people in your precient {like a gun slim-jim for the pro-gun people}_

3. Find out what the state rules are as far as who can vote in the Republican Primary and if the GOP of your state is going to accept those votes (the supreme court has ruled they don't have to accept them and California's GOP is not)

4. Find out what the date for state is for Voter Registration (if it's passed lower the priority on talking to anyone who can't vote in the Republican Primary until after the Primary, or don't talk to them at all if possible)

5. Go and drop off the Ron Paul Slim Jims/Fliers/DVDs/Liberty Cards at every person's house to "introduce them to Ron Paul

6. Go by and try and get the following info for anyone who can vote in the Republican Primary

A. What is there issue
B. Are they Registered
C. Who are they planning to vote for and is it a for sure thing

7. You will meet 4 types of people

A. To Busy (Give them the info)
B. Don't Know Him (Give them the info)
C. Know him and like him (Give them the info, and make sure and get there info!)
D. Know him and love him, what more can I do? (Give them the info and make sure you get the info!)

8. Basically you will write all this down and on your 2nd or 3rd visit you will know which way someone is leaning, or going to vote. Write this all down and make sure you get phone numbers of people who will vote for Ron Paul, and want to volunteer and get them to the campaign so that they can be connected. Sign them up to be a prescient captain too and have them help you canvass.

9. The day before the vote make sure and call and remind all the people on your list to vote the next day

10. On election day make sure your Poll Watcher has the info on all are Ron Paul supporters so that they get 100% turn out in your precient (For example if Ron Paul has 30% of a area, and another guy has 40% and you get EVERY Paul supporter to the polls to vote, and they only get 60% then Ron wins with less supports) if there is no Poll Watcher make sure you call and CONFIRM every Paul supporter has voted.

Nicketas
01-11-2008, 02:30 AM

faisal
01-11-2008, 02:43 AM
If your in a state with a caucus, you'll have a good chance winning since you're in a small town. Basically, get 3+ people (ideally your family + others) to vote for you as the delegate representing Ron Paul. Go to your caucus with the people who you've converted and have them vote for you.

Soccrmastr
01-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Here is what it seems to me the training videos say to do:

1. Look at your list you will have the following info:

A. Name
B: Address
C: Party Affiliation (R=Republican, D=Democrat, U=Undeclared, etc)
D: Number indicating how conservative/liberal they are
E: Letters indicating there main issued (G is for Gun rights, L is for the right to Life, T is for lower Taxes and spending. Some states also have their own micro-targeting info, and in that case, you may see "I" for opposing Illegal Immigration, "J" for protecting American Jobs, "C" for opposing Corruption of power, or "P" for opposing Pork barrel legislation. Additionally, each instance where a voter meets criteria for more than one letter, the
letter of the issue that they care about the most is capitalized, while the other(s) are lower-case.)

2. Get some fliers, slim-jims, liberty cards, dvds (especially of the ones you will need for the people in your precient {like a gun slim-jim for the pro-gun people}_

3. Find out what the state rules are as far as who can vote in the Republican Primary and if the GOP of your state is going to accept those votes (the supreme court has ruled they don't have to accept them and California's GOP is not)

4. Find out what the date for state is for Voter Registration (if it's passed lower the priority on talking to anyone who can't vote in the Republican Primary until after the Primary, or don't talk to them at all if possible)

5. Go and drop off the Ron Paul Slim Jims/Fliers/DVDs/Liberty Cards at every person's house to "introduce them to Ron Paul

6. Go by and try and get the following info for anyone who can vote in the Republican Primary

A. What is there issue
B. Are they Registered
C. Who are they planning to vote for and is it a for sure thing

7. You will meet 4 types of people

A. To Busy (Give them the info)
B. Don't Know Him (Give them the info)
C. Know him and like him (Give them the info, and make sure and get there info!)
D. Know him and love him, what more can I do? (Give them the info and make sure you get the info!)

8. Basically you will write all this down and on your 2nd or 3rd visit you will know which way someone is leaning, or going to vote. Write this all down and make sure you get phone numbers of people who will vote for Ron Paul, and want to volunteer and get them to the campaign so that they can be connected. Sign them up to be a prescient captain too and have them help you canvass.

9. The day before the vote make sure and call and remind all the people on your list to vote the next day

10. On election day make sure your Poll Watcher has the info on all are Ron Paul supporters so that they get 100% turn out in your precient (For example if Ron Paul has 30% of a area, and another guy has 40% and you get EVERY Paul supporter to the polls to vote, and they only get 60% then Ron wins with less supports) if there is no Poll Watcher make sure you call and CONFIRM every Paul supporter has voted.

Thanks for this. I was going to take notes on the videos but you did a nice job.

ColdSoul
01-12-2008, 10:44 PM
You welcome, I tried :)