PDA

View Full Version : NOW I will believe that News Corp stock is slipping due to us

WillInMiami
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
The market was up (not by a bunch) today. However, NWS (News Corp) the parent of Fox was down again today. Looking at the 1 year chart and the max chart make me think that the stock is in a downward trend that will continue. Being a former Fox news fan (the only station I would watch since 1999) and knowing how I now feel about them, I have to believe that thier ratings are declining and, as a result are going to get hit on the stock market.

Carole
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Yes, really.

Someone should send Howard Stern this Lego Bricks ad and challenge him to invite Paul on his show.

Lego Bricks
Ron Paul Brickfilm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as3AYVzWmOI

Antonius Stone
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
they've gone from $21.50 (new years' eve) to $19.91 (today) expect it to get worse when Jay and RP discuss the unfairness of the exclusion on the Tonight Show.

BeFranklin
01-07-2008, 05:04 PM
They were only trying to appeal to conservatives, and they've lost at least half their audience by doing what they did to us - and we're the more active half likely to watch news shows, check how we're doing online on this forum against the other big political forums online - we're bigger. That leaves very little audience left.

Plus we're fight back if tread upon.

Trigonx
01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
NWS is very close to their 52 week low. its like $.20-.24 away.

BeFranklin
01-07-2008, 05:21 PM
NWS is very close to their 52 week low. its like $.20-.24 away.

Umm, its worth less now then than, so it'll go lower :)

voytechs
01-07-2008, 05:22 PM
They aren't doing to well, they are coming up at their support level at 20. We'll how they hold up.

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/2y/n/nws

Mike S.
01-07-2008, 05:24 PM
That's the price they pay for delivering a substandard product. Which reinforces the notion of a deliberate attempt to censor.

margomaps
01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Are you all insane? :D

News Corp's stock has mirrored the DJIA almost exactly for the last half of the year. The Dow's been volatile and down lately, and -- surprise, surprise! -- so has News Corp's shares.

It has little or nothing to do with Fox News, and it certainly has nothing to do with Ron Paul.

PimpBlimp
01-07-2008, 05:43 PM
They were only trying to appeal to conservatives,

Well, as a conservative, let me be first to say they did a piss poor job.

PimpBlimp
01-07-2008, 05:45 PM

News Corp's stock has mirrored the DJIA almost exactly for the last half of the year. The Dow's been volatile and down lately, and -- surprise, surprise! -- so has News Corp's shares.

It has little or nothing to do with Fox News, and it certainly has nothing to do with Ron Paul.

The past few days its been trending down between 30-50% compared to the DOW. I would say we at least had a small effect.

Dieseler
01-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Cancel your DirecTv if you want to boycott Murdoch.

Dish Network is better anyway.

RPatTheBeach
01-07-2008, 05:50 PM

QFT as they say

shasshas
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
The market was up (not by a bunch) today. However, NWS (News Corp) the parent of Fox was down again today. Looking at the 1 year chart and the max chart make me think that the stock is in a downward trend that will continue. Being a former Fox news fan (the only station I would watch since 1999) and knowing how I now feel about them, I have to believe that thier ratings are declining and, as a result are going to get hit on the stock market.

um.. WHY WERE YOU A FORMER FAN OF FOX NEWS?!?!?!?!?!??!!

jake
01-07-2008, 05:52 PM
um.. WHY WERE YOU A FORMER FAN OF FOX NEWS?!?!?!?!?!??!!

it's called brainwashing, just gotta break free from the shackles of misinformation

t3rmin
01-07-2008, 05:53 PM

Thank you. This is silly.

constitutional
01-07-2008, 05:54 PM

Looks like someone has some stock invested in News Corp. :eek:

Richandler
01-07-2008, 05:55 PM
If you account for inflation the value of their stock is below it's 52 week low.

EvilNight
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
There are a lot of factors involved. If anything, news should be trending UP due to the writer's strike. It seems ridiculous that RP had this effect, but you've got to remember there's been a steady, relentless attack on Fox's credibility over the last two years on the internet. it's possible that RP is the drop (okay, bucket) that finally caused this damn to burst.

All of the negativity their viewers brushed off just got verified in a big way. If that tips the public opinion, then they'll start a long, steady decline down to the level of lesser networks. Remember, there won't be a big break, that's not how this works. Every time RP gets a boost in publicity (and if that damn eventually bursts) it'll compound the negative effects and push it further down. Frankly if I was trading I'd never touch that stock, not after this smear. Too risky for a while.

The idea that RP supporters somehow "sold" enough or caused enough people to sell is definitely ridiculous. The idea that RP has turned into a tipping point issue for constantly-attacked FOX credibility in the minds of many normal people and investors (and advertisers) is definitely not crazy at all.

Trigonx
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
If you account for inflation the value of their stock is below it's 52 week low.

yeah thats true, but the general population doesn't even think about that the slightest.

BeFranklin
01-07-2008, 05:57 PM

Well, thats probably because that don't really have any assets, and are just a shell company holding the S&P.
Which fits in well with why they aren't paying income tax.

I'm not kidding either. Check online. They're not paying taxes (in example Cayman islands company) http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2004/07/b122948.html

So their corporation is funny. We might learn more, but Murdoch just bought the WSJ :eek:

jenninlouisiana
01-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, I'll concede that maybe we contributed to "shareholder anxiety".... maybe talking about it enough made people afraid that it would go down....

BeFranklin
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Well, I'll concede that maybe we contributed to "shareholder anxiety".... maybe talking about it enough made people afraid that it would go down....

Well, lets ask the WSJ to investigate.. Wait, they are the WSJ :eek::eek:

constitutional
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Stock market is all about confidence. If some bad rumors go viral tomorrow about Microsoft, it will slide down. :p

c0unterph0bia
01-07-2008, 06:05 PM
NEW YORK - Rupert Murdoch, the chief executive of News Corp., sold
25,000 shares of company stock, according to a Securities and Exchange
Commission filing Friday.

In a Form 4 filed with the SEC, Murdoch reported he sold the shares
for $21.28 apiece on Friday.

Insiders file Form 4s with the SEC to report transactions in their
companies' shares. Open market purchases and sales must be reported
within two business days of the transaction.

Dave Pedersen
01-07-2008, 06:07 PM
at least 10% of their Iowa conservative market is seeing the truth and Fox ain't it.

If Fox is losing 10% of their market nationwide it is natural the stock will drop. Never relent. Never feel an ounce of compassion. Destroy Fox. Fox must be totally ruined. This will show other news corporations we can kill them too and they will comply with our demand for responsible journalism. Finally they will respect we the people and this will assist us in bringing truth to our Great Republic.

Kludge
01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Let's extend our hands across the aisle and get the Obama people into this boycott. They're fearing attacks by Fox News, get the news out. We're not significant divided, so let's band together. Wal-Mart offered competition, all Fox News offers is shitty news, these bans can work. Hand out a list of News Corp. subsidiaries to Obama supporters you know and tell them of the mistreatment our campaign has received.

Corydoras
01-07-2008, 07:59 PM

Oh. THAT's it.

RPatTheBeach
01-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh. THAT's it.

that means nothing.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM

Don't even bother... I've tried to explain reality to them several times...

DontFret
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM
For now, the boycott of Fox (NWS) advertisers isn't even organized.

Wait until the organization/coordination is complete and several different 'official' boycott sites start funneling people there making it easier to have the consumers' voices heard, and easier for the consumers to keep track of those who advertise there.

Then there will be organized, and deserved, chaos for Fox (and all NWS holdings). This will not fade. Not when they have screwed with perhaps the most sacred right that has ever been screwed with in the supposed 'home of the free and land of the brave'.

We've learned recently that this is not exactly the 'home of the free' we all once thought. NOW LETS SEE IF IT'S THE HOME OF THE BRAVE!!!!!

govtpigII
01-07-2008, 08:24 PM
For now, the boycott of Fox (NWS) advertisers isn't even organized.

We've learned recently that this is not exactly the 'home of the free' we all once thought. NOW LETS SEE IF IT'S THE HOME OF THE BRAVE!!!!!

I will boycott all FOX supporters these douches deserve every bit of it

itshappening
01-07-2008, 08:30 PM
is there an official site yet??

Cimbri
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Looks like the stock is going down to it's 1999-2000 value of $15 all the coroporations who have made gains off warmongering will do the same they are as overinflated as the rest of the economy all because of the policy actions they advocated for.

Carole
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Murdoch selling again also. Gues he plans to buy back when it tanks.

He also sold some a few weeks ago when he was buying WSJ. Probably needed the money.

In a Form 4 filed with the SEC, Murdoch reported he sold the shares
for $21.28 apiece on Friday.
Insiders file Form 4s with the SEC to report transactions in their
companies' shares. Open market purchases and sales must be reported
within two business days of the transaction.

Carole
01-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh yeah, it looks like he is trying to buy some German news or tv now also.

Maybe he wants to get back at the Germans who were supporting RP by threatening to seel stock and call sponsors. :D:D:D:D::D:

Who knows or cares.

ValidusCustodiae
01-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Is it just me or was that lego brick film not the funniest Ron Paul video I've seen so far (except this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSUYagfuZHY