PDA

View Full Version : Car With Ron Paul Political Signs Towed From Driveway in Middle of the Night

michaelwise
01-07-2008, 04:44 PM
This is in my neck of the woods where a supporter's SUV was towed from his own driveway in the middle of the night, for having Ron Paul stuff on his car. Well at least there was a writeup in the paper about it.
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/jan/05/jeff-lytle-towed-dead-night-collier-man-fights-pol/

Antonius Stone
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
what total bullshit

gated communites are such god damn shams

anewvoice
01-07-2008, 04:50 PM
good thing I don't live in a gated community. I got pissed when someone took my yard sign!! :)

terryp
01-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Damn HOA's are little fiefdoms of their own.
I wish someone would come out to the country and try that shit.

UtahApocalypse
01-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Whoa!! Now I agree that when you live in a HOA community your house is expected to meet various rules and regs. But can they seriously enact rules for your car? what if its a guest visiting? what if you own a business and have it on your car? This seems to be far past what a HOA should have autority on.

VIDEODROME
01-07-2008, 07:11 PM
This sounds like a home owners association in progress. I guess it might be nice living there if you like conformity.

murrayrothbard
01-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Whoa!! Now I agree that when you live in a HOA community your house is expected to meet various rules and regs. But can they seriously enact rules for your car? what if its a guest visiting? what if you own a business and have it on your car? This seems to be far past what a HOA should have autority on.

The HOA has all the authority you grant to it when you purchase the property. That sucks. I would never live under a HOA.

Thurston Howell III
01-07-2008, 07:15 PM
I was in a HOA once. NEVER again.

Lyn
01-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Another great reason to move out of FL. NH here I come.