PDA

View Full Version : Become an Official Precinct Leader: Easy + Effective

OReich
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/

There's no limit on precinct leaders per precinct. By becoming a precinct leader, the campaign will be able to more directly provide us with the material and information we need. Those of us who have our primaries coming soon (I'm in Florida; that's 1/29/08, fellow Floridians), this is probably one of the best things we can do.

Nate K
01-07-2008, 04:42 PM
what's the role of a precinct leader and what are the qualifications? i'm 17 but i have a 21 yr old brother and 31 yr old sister who may qualify.

OptionsTrader
01-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Bump.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

And go to this sub forum:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254

Brian Bailey
01-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Here is an article I wrote up on this topic:

Help The Paulunteer to Help Ron Paul… and Set a Record! Become a Precinct Leader (http://www.paulunteer.com/features/help-the-paulunteer-to-help-ron-paul-and-set-a-record-become-a-precinct-leader/)

Friends,

I want to take some time today to talk about something very important. By doing so I hope to get important information out to everyone, to initiate some conversation, and to elicit responses in the form of action.

First, I will tell you what prompted this article. Two days ago I volunteered to be a Precinct Leader here in Precinct 5 in Collinsville, IL. Due in part to a bit of work I did with one of the local MeetUp groups and the efforts I’ve put forth here at The Paulunteer I have also been granted the privilege of being the Madison County Coordinator, and I am very excited about that. This will help me gain the experience necessary to coordinate local elections of Ron Paul Republicans in the future.

I am sharing this with you because despite our astonishing number of MeetUp members nation-wide and the incredible variety and multitude of grassroots projects happening around the country, there is still a severe need for Precinct Leaders in virtually every state.

Most importantly, there is still a severe need in states that have primary elections on ‘Super Tuesday’, February 5th.

As you can see, this is a problem. We only have four weeks left to get out the vote for Ron Paul. If we don’t get out the vote- if we don’t each take personal responsibility to help with this- it is an absolute certain fact that we will lose the nomination.

What does it mean for each of us to take personal responsibility for this? For some of us who are very busy with work and family, it might mean simply talking to friends, family, and co-workers.

Most importantly, for all of us, it means not assuming that others will do this for us.

For those who have more time, taking responsibility means stepping up to be a Precinct Leader.

It took me a while to decide to do this myself. I thought that I had my hands full running this website (and I do spend many hours each day working on it). I figured I could just continue working hard on this and then help out with some phone calling at our new official campaign office here in Edwardsville, IL and that would be sufficient.

I changed my mind, though, after reading about how a tremendous group of supporters rallied their neighbors and won Jefferson County, Iowa for Ron Paul.

I thought, “How would I feel if I continued doing what I’m doing now and we lost Madison County, in my own backyard?”

I would feel pretty lousy, that’s how… especially if I knew I hadn’t done everything I could to help us win here.

So that leads me to where I am today. I just took some time out from watching the Precinct Leader training videos to write this to all of you.

What I would like to do is set up an unofficial support network here at The Paulunteer for all of us who decide to work on this.

What’s more, I would like to encourage as many of you as possible to join the effort!

The official campaign has set up an ingenious method of motivation to this end which I hope to take advantage of. The campaign is keeping track of how many Precinct Leaders each Precinct Leader refers to the program. There are absolutely no incentives except for the knowledge that you are helping to get Ron Paul elected (and perhaps a few bragging rights).

A fine patriot by the name of Jesse Lipich currently holds the record with 96 Precinct Leaders recruited! I’m not sure how he’s done this, but I for one am mightily impressed.

However, I think we can challenge that record.

Here’s how it works:

1. Register with the campaign as a supporter! Click here
2. Read about being a Precinct Leader.
1. Learn about the responsibilities from RonPaul2008.com. Click here
2. Hear more about it from supporters here at The Paulunteer. Click here & here
3. Decide you want to be a Precinct Leader.
4. E-mail The Paulunteer by using the contact form below and tell me that you want to be a Precinct Leader. I will send you an invitation via e-mail.
5. That’s it! You can start helping us win the election in your state.

There’s more:

I will be adding a new Precinct Leader category which can be reached from the Categories list in the right sidebar of The Paulunteer. I will post new articles from all of you discussing your experiences and then we can have conversations about the items in the comments sections.

I will also be sharing some of my experiences and other articles and videos from around the web.

I will also find a place on the front page to display a running tally of the Precinct Leaders we all gather. Remember to refer your friends to The Paulunteer and have them contact me so that I can invite them to the program.

Here are some great thoughts on the subject from supporters who have been there and done that:

What was done to Win Jefferson Co, IA

Supporter: “What I learned as RP precinct captain in Iowa.”

*The links are clickable in the original story. It would take forever for me to paste them in here :)

John E
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
how do i find out my precinct number, the site isnt helping

WilliamC
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Signed up Friday but WHEN DO I GET MY INFORMATION?

I've emailed every day now and my precinct list is blank and I have no map.

I will probably end up having slimjims printed since I hear the shipping time is S_L_O_W, but I'm only going to get one shot at spending any more money doing this and I need to know how many of what kind to print.

Mississippi doesn't have their primary until March 11th, so I can understand if HQ is busy with other States first, but the sooner I get my info the sooner I can start.

OReich
01-07-2008, 04:54 PM

I never needed to know mine when signing up; I guess they'll tell you when you log in.

shadowhooch
01-07-2008, 04:56 PM

I called my county clerk. They can give it to you.

And EVERYONE MUST DO THIS if you want Ron Paul to win. It isn't hard at all. It simply involves leaving flyers, documenting the Ron Paul supporters in your area, and then making sure ALL of them show up to vote.

Simple and effective....but it is the key to victory.

Brian Bailey
01-07-2008, 04:56 PM
William-

It is important to first register as a supporter and then as a precinct leader. If you've done this and still have not received confirmation I would recommend getting in touch with your state coordinator, whose email you can find on your state page by first clicking here (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/).

Mortikhi
01-07-2008, 04:57 PM

google <your county> supervisor of elections
Give them a call, tell them your address, and they will let you know your precinct and polling location.

The Precinct Leader app had my county (you put in your zip code) and correctly guessed my precinct, but I called the supervisor of elections to double check.

Brian Bailey
01-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Regarding precinct numbers: if you enter your current address correctly when you register at the site your precinct number *should* be generated automatically for you but I'm told it is not a 100% certainty.

WilliamC
01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
William-

It is important to first register as a supporter and then as a precinct leader. If you've done this and still have not received confirmation I would recommend getting in touch with your state coordinator, whose email you can find on your state page by first clicking here (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/).

Done, done, and done. My State coordinator doesn't even have his own email though, it just goes to the campaign website.

Brian Bailey
01-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Done, done, and done. My State coordinator doesn't even have his own email though, it just goes to the campaign website.

Ouch. What state are you in?

The email addy should be on the left side of the state page under the graphic of the state.

WilliamC
01-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Ouch. What state are you in?

The email addy should be on the left side of the state page under the graphic of the state.

Mississippi.

State Coordinator
Michael Cory

NO EMAIL ADDRESS, when I click on "contact us" it goes to the campaign contact form here http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form/?state=MS

Well, Mississippi isn't until March 11th, so it's not critical yet.

Gimme Some Truth
01-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Bump. This is what we are here for.

skiingff
01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Bump