PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy to for Dr Paul to go for President or just to establish a new movement?

shasshas
01-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Which are you donating for?

1) Ron Paul as President or

2) Ron Paul as the starter of a new movement. ie: HQ doesn't run to make Dr Paul a president but merely to make an impact in Congress. Leftover monies go into trst fund for new republican/libertarian movement.

BLS
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Is that English??

And #1

We won't have another chance in my lifetime for someone like this.
We're IN IT TO WIN IT!

jasonuher
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
make this a poll!

and...

BOTH, but mostly #1

IowaSupport
01-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Both?

Carole
01-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Definitely Both

And this poll does not reflect that.

shasshas
01-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Definitely Both

And this poll does not reflect that.

which one more for you? 1) or 2)..

dvictr
01-07-2008, 04:50 PM
question is retarded..

RON PAUL 2008 i donated to the campaign because i want him to be my president

mport1
01-07-2008, 04:54 PM
This is unrelated, but how do you create a poll?

WilliamC
01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Both. See the sub-forum Liberty Candidates. This is where the rEVOLution continues after Ron Paul is elected President.

Or even if he isn't.

dvictr
01-07-2008, 04:57 PM
First libertarian to have a real chance

Jobarra
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Phase I: Ron Paul elected president. Hopefully this sways a large number of senators who only care about keeping their jobs and allows him to start work on dismantling the behemoth that is the Executive Branch. If not, he raises public notice of what Congress is doing by vetoing any legislation that is unconstitutional(budget bills will be interesting).

Phase II: Work to elect Ron Paul Republicans into Congress so that they can work to counteract the insane policies brought about by neocons.

So this would be both options. You can't just elect Ron Paul and get stuff done, which is why everyone talks about this movement lasting beyond November. There really is no other way if you want to effect change and KEEP that change for more than 4 years.

Talcott
01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Both!

gjdavis60
01-07-2008, 05:09 PM
As Dr. Paul says himself, he has his shortcomings, but the message has no shortcomings. The longer the campaign continues, the more publicity the message receives, the more people will hear and embrace the message. Dr. Paul's candidacy presents an unprecedented opportunity to push the message forward by winning the nomination and the presidency. Every day he is out there campaigning, we are winning the fight one person at a time. And even if we fall short of the presidency, the movement will continue with vigorous momentum because of Dr. Paul's candidacy.

jointhefightforfreedom
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
both

hotbrownsauce
01-07-2008, 05:24 PM
where is the 'both' option?

quickmike
01-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I say both. This goes beyond just Ron Paul. Its about an idea thats time has come. Even if Ron doesnt become president, dont just give up like a bunch of children. This is about more than just the presidency. Its about sticking together and spreading the message even in the future, not just now.

loupeznik
01-07-2008, 05:30 PM
I support the movement. This thing is bigger than one man.

Stefan
01-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Is that English??

Yes, it is English. It does have spelling errors, but I'd say it is quite clear that it is English and I would even say that it is quite clear what she means. Not everyone on this forum writes perfectly in English and a lot of Ron Paul supporters does not have English as their mother tongue.

So what is the point of writing "Is that English??"? To make her feel bad about her writing skills? To prove yourself superior in some way?

shasshas
01-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Yes, it is English. It does have spelling errors, but I'd say it is quite clear that it is English and I would even say that it is quite clear what she means. Not everyone on this forum writes perfectly in English and a lot of Ron Paul supporters does not have English as their mother tongue.

So what is the point of writing "Is that English??"? To make her feel bad about her writing skills? To prove yourself superior in some way?

actually i had some typos when he saw it that i corrected afterwards >_< thanks for sticking up for me though :o

Trigonx
01-07-2008, 06:01 PM
i want both

give me a third option please

jenninlouisiana
01-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Why not a choice for "Both"?

shasshas
01-07-2008, 06:05 PM
i want both

give me a third option please

life is full of decisions. PICK ONE.

Elwar
01-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I see this as the last chance. Ron Paul has consistently voted in a principled libertarian fashion for 30 years. Nobody with such credibility will be able to run in the future.

It's now or never. That's why we must give everything we have or the end of the few freedoms we have now will be our future.

RPinSEAZ
01-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Both.

Elwar
01-07-2008, 06:12 PM
As a member of the Libertarian Party for at least a decade I have to admit that if Ron Paul does not win this election it will be proof that no libertarian will ever win.

We're in an election where 20% of a 6% turnout for a single party can give you the Republican nomination and from there it's a 50% chance.

If he can't win with the stars aligned like this the Libertarian Party could run Jesus with a small government message and he would not become president.

If he wins though...it would instill a new confidence in my fellow Americans.

Trigonx
01-07-2008, 06:17 PM
life is full of decisions. PICK ONE.

Life is full of a lot more options than 2 , generally "other" should always be added to most polls.