PDA

View Full Version : Where we need to be.

filmmaker58
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM
12 days to the caucus. Right now in every precinct, in an ideal world, we should have enough people to go for every delegate position, plus two alternates, and be canvassing like mad to get supporters to vote for them. I'm finding that a lot of voters I contact are just starting to think about who they are voting for. That means that this final 12 days, and especially the weekend coming up, are critical for getting more support. Also, after tomorrow, expect the rest of the candidates to descend like vultures on Nevada, especially Mitt. If we don't contact them, Mitt's folks probably will. We need delegates to win folks, stay focused, and let's give Dr' Paul Nevada.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-07-2008, 07:52 PM
filmmaker, In Clark County some of us are going through our system trying to convert supporters into delegates.

We doubt that many or most of the 1000 precincts in Clark County will have near as many delegate candidates as they will have open delegate positions up for election.

So, just about any RP supporter that wants to can become a delegate to the County Convention by running in the caucus and voting for himself.

For example, most of the bigger precincts have about 300 registered republicans, which receive 6 delegate positions. If 7 or more people don't run to become delegates, then you win by running and voting for yourself.

And from what I've seen by thoroughly walking a couple of these precincts, I don't think there are going to be that many voters waking up on Saturday morning to vote at 8:30 AM, let alone to run as a delegate. But who knows how many Mormons Romney will bus in?

JustBcuz
01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
filmmaker, In Clark County some of us are going through our system trying to convert supporters into delegates.

We doubt that many or most of the 1000 precincts in Clark County will have near as many delegate candidates as they will have open delegate positions up for election.

So, just about any RP supporter that wants to can become a delegate to the County Convention by running in the caucus and voting for himself.

For example, most of the bigger precincts have about 300 registered republicans, which receive 6 delegate positions. If 7 or more people don't run to become delegates, then you win by running and voting for yourself.

And from what I've seen by thoroughly walking a couple of these precincts, I don't think there are going to be that many voters waking up on Saturday morning to vote at 8:30 AM, let alone to run as a delegate. But who knows how many Mormons Romney will bus in?

Same thing in Reno.

And if you are polite and well spoken, some of those people you meet canvassing will be willing to vote for you as delegate even though they won't support Ron Paul.

filmmaker58
01-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Excellent. You guys are on top of it. This is an important canvassing weekend coming up, because people will feel the need to start thinking about it. here's hoping Rp does well in NH. that will certainly help the recruiting.