PDA

View Full Version : Good story to share on Ron Paul's "racism."

EotS
01-07-2008, 04:22 PM
From Burt Blumert @ Lewrockwell.com. A very charming story and insight into RP's true nature.

Here’s a vignette I’ve recounted before; Please don’t hold me to precise dates, but I think it was the summer of 1988, at the California LP Convention, and Ron announced his decision to run for President as the Libertarian Party candidate. Those of us close to Ron celebrated. We saw it as an incredible opportunity to spread the message of freedom.

Former Congressman Paul "Pete" McCloskey, a maverick Republican and Korean War hero, came to the hotel to congratulate Ron and wish him well. McCloskey was no libertarian, but he was a true patriot and told me that Ron Paul was the most principled man he had served with in the US Congress.

I later learned that McCloskey carried some advice for Ron and his campaign. He knew that Ron’s non-interventionist foreign policy views precluded US foreign aid for ANY country. He warned Ron that this would ire the Israeli lobby in the US, and he suggested that Ron have some Jews represented in his campaign to demonstrate that he was not anti-Semitic.

Ron mentioned McCloskey’s warning to Lew Rockwell. He laughed and told Ron, "Well you have nothing to worry about. Blumert Is your campaign chairman and Murray Rothbard is your economic advisor." "Oh, OK," said Ron.

Yes, this was 20 years ago and we were all a bit more innocent, but it does say something about Ron and the way his mind works.