PDA

View Full Version : How do I find precinct boundaries?

Wendi
01-07-2008, 04:16 PM
The precinct map link takes me to a google map of Houston. How can I find out what my precinct boundaries are?

rancher89
01-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I just did a quick search and it looks like you have to call your county board of elections to get this, unless somebody else can come up with a better answer???

Eponym_mi
01-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Contact your township or city clerk. Or check if they have a map on their web site. If you're using the lists, you shoul dbe able to figure it out yourself though.

PathIveMade
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I just went to my local Board of Elections and printed one out for $2.00. That'd be my first call if I were you. They can at least point you in the right direction.

austin356
01-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Harris County does not have good online information about this. It appears like you have two choices:

-Go to your local board of elections and have them print off one. You should bring a extra map of your area just in case you have to draw your own.

-Take the data from the walking list and just include all the streets that are in your walking list as in your precinct. All that done by manually.

WilliamC
01-07-2008, 06:37 PM
The precinct map link takes me to a google map of Houston. How can I find out what my precinct boundaries are?

Who said anything about boundaries? You've just got a really big precinct :)

Austin
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I found my boundaries on my county's web site. I would suggest that you look in a similar place, or call your clerk office on how to find the information.

jbmliberty
01-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Let me know your TX precinct and email address. I'll help you get mapped.

BigTimeMoe
01-10-2008, 03:38 PM
You can also use RedViewer to get your boundaries - that's what I used. Here's the link:

http://gis1.tlc.state.tx.us

you need to choose State Senate Districts then choose the County from the drop down list on middle left side of the screen. Then use the map features to move around and look at your precinct. This is time consuming but it works.

Have Fun!

John P Slevin
01-10-2008, 03:54 PM
In Texas it's usually either the Clerk or the Tax-collector office at the county level...who run the election info including voter file info in each county (at least I think that's the name of the office). Anyway, ask them who has precinct maps.

You can get them for most areas of the country...there also are private vendors.