PDA

View Full Version : Please stop Yelling/Cussing at Official Campaign Staff

ghemminger
01-07-2008, 03:27 PM
These are the reports I'm getting... HQ is now entering a bunker type mentality that is going to be hard to push through...

Please get the word out and have everyone channel their energies into something more positive..... :(

rollingpig
01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
stop posting false reports, if HQ is having problems, they'll issue statements or send emails.

ghemminger
01-07-2008, 03:32 PM
stop posting false reports, if HQ is having problems, they'll issue statements or send emails.

I have never published a knowingly false report pig

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 03:32 PM
These are the reports I'm getting... HQ is now entering a bunker type mentality that is going to be hard to push through...

Please get the word out and have everyone channel their energies into something more positive..... :(

I totally agree. Yelling and cussing is not going to accomplish anything.

Exarel
01-07-2008, 03:33 PM

He doesn't post false reports..

ghemminger
01-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I totally agree. Yelling and cussing is not going to accomplish anything.

Prolly not from this board but there is mucho negative phone calls comming into HQ cell and landlines - just to let you know

walt
01-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Their actions created it. Their endless excuses and inability to trust new people passionate about Ron Paul that had experience in other campaigns created it. In the end, they will have to live with the responsbility that they didn't listen, execute effectively and caused this...

szczebrzeszyn
01-07-2008, 03:36 PM

OK, just stupid rumors. That doesn't sound much better...

Soccrmastr
01-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah dumbass people angry because RP got 10% of the vote in iowa... and he was expected to not even get 3%!! HQ needs to stop listening to grassroots and do whatever they need to do to win. Grassroots think they can do this, but pummeling Hannity and screaming at Bill Clinton about 9/11 conspiracies will not win. the Campaign doing their stuff and running Tva ds and getting out the message is what will win.

Menthol Patch
Their actions created it. Their endless excuses and inability to trust new people passionate about Ron Paul that had experience in other campaigns created it. In the end, they will have to live with the responsbility that they didn't listen and caused this...

Yelling and cussing at the official campaign is uncalled for.

I have no problem with people giving constructive criticism to the campaign. They are NOT perfect and HAVE made mistakes. What I'm sick and tired of is the HOSTILITY I've been seeing in the past few days. It's almost Super Tuesday and we do NOT have time to be attacking each other. We need to PULL TOGETHER!

Talldude1412
Sigh... how did we get such annoying pricks to support this campaign? Try something more constructive you moronic tools. If you have grievances, drop them an email or call them, calmly and constructively detailing your problems and suggestions. It's really just worthless and immature to do anything else.

walt
01-07-2008, 03:39 PM

I have no problem with people giving constructive criticism to the campaign. They are NOT perfect and HAVE made mistakes. What I'm sick and tired of is the HOSTILITY I've been seeing in the past few days. It's almost Super Tuesday and we do NOT have time to be attacking each other. We need to PULL TOGETHER!

they aren't learning from those mistakes and that is unacceptable.

davidhperry
01-07-2008, 03:40 PM

QFT +100 - Criticism that's not constructive is horribly detrimental to the campaign.

walt
01-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Sigh... how did we get such annoying pricks to support this campaign? Try something more constructive you moronic tools. If you have grievances, drop them an email or call them, calmly and constructively detailing your problems and suggestions. It's really just worthless and immature to do anything else.

for two weeks I've tried to get materials into the hands of Michigan's voluteers who are fighting without ammo - no improvement has been seen. It's pathetic.

Talldude1412
01-07-2008, 03:41 PM

Are you one of those people who are calling and yelling and cussing them out? Because that may be one of the most immature useless means of inducing change ever. ultimate fail to you sir.

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 03:42 PM

What would you have us do then? If they are not learning and not responding to communications should we spend our time ATTACKING them or focusing on doing THE BEST WE CAN in the primaries?

We do NOT have time to start a conflict.

Talldude1412
01-07-2008, 03:43 PM
for two weeks I've tried to get materials into the hands of Michigan's voluteers who are fighting without ammo - no improvement has been seen. It's pathetic.

Then take care of it yourself! Go hit up a kinkos! Try some good old spray paint and paper! Yelling and cussing them out might be the most useless thing anyone could do.

PS And I know the state of things in Michigan, instead of getting my underwear all bunched up and throwing a hissy fit I just decided to take care of it myself.

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Are you one of those people who are calling and yelling and cussing them out? Because that may be one of the most immature useless means of inducing change ever. ultimate fail to you sir.

Yelling and cussing at the campaign is like yelling and cussing at a long winded preacher to change the format of his sermons. It's only going to make him do more of the same.

dante
01-07-2008, 03:44 PM

If you go to the michigan RP campaign page it says they just got 15k pieces of lit that is MI specific. Go pick some of that up

Ozwest
01-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Man, everybody knows when swearing works, and when it doesn't.

What's all the drama about?

slantedview
01-07-2008, 03:49 PM

who exactly do you think they're going to send an e-mail to? all 100,000 of the e-mail list subscribers? oh right, that's a good idea, post on the website for the world to see that their own supporters are calling them names!? give me a break.

Bradley in DC
01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
George, HQ has had a bunker mentality since the spring if not earlier.

Whispering sweet nothings in their ear, offering to help, constructive criticisms and flooding them with donations didn't get them to listen, what do you expect?

aravoth
01-07-2008, 03:51 PM

So let me get this right....

You and DJ make multiple posts about how the campaign is incompetent and not doing it's job. Stirring up shit and getting people angry at the campaign, and now your upset that people are calling HQ and bitching about the exact same things you complained to all of us about?

Sounds like cause and effect George.

RPatTheBeach
01-07-2008, 03:55 PM
best decision I made since joining:

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture2bp1.png

walt
01-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Then take care of it yourself! Go hit up a kinkos! Try some good old spray paint and paper! Yelling and cussing them out might be the most useless thing anyone could do.

PS And I know the state of things in Michigan, instead of getting my underwear all bunched up and throwing a hissy fit I just decided to take care of it myself.

you can't control resources and big ad buys, etc. I salute your efforts, but they will be in vain without HQ staff change.

Quick
01-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Yet another rumor started by ghemminger.

Atleast it isn't as bad as the whole "The HQ has a secret plan for after Dec. 16th and while I can't tell you what it is, it's going to be big!" he started.

Kind of tired of people claiming that they talked to the campaign HQ and claiming they said something with no evidence to back it up. The HQ is horrible at giving us information, but I doubt they'd give it to a member of the forums to pass on, especially one who has been so instrumental in bashing the campaign and starting rumors in the past (as mentioned above).

Lars
01-07-2008, 04:07 PM
It seems to me that we are losing the plot a bit online at the moment. I guess it is all the excitement now that it is getting serious.

Unfortunately I think it is working against us. We should all be focusing on what we do best and get on with it. There are so many things we can do and we have so many individual skills. If we work independently and we all concentrate on how we can help get 1-5-10 new Ron Paul votes then we will succeed. Unfortunately all the talk about what others should be doing doesn't get us any new votes.

ghemminger
01-07-2008, 04:10 PM
It seems to me that we are losing the plot a bit online at the moment. I guess it is all the excitement now that it is getting serious.

Unfortunately I think it is working against us. We should all be focusing on what we do best and get on with it. There are so many things we can do and we have so many individual skills. If we work independently and we all concentrate on how we can help get 1-5-10 new Ron Paul votes then we will succeed. Unfortunately all the talk about what others should be doing doesn't get us any new votes.

The quote was to me....."George please call anytime 24/7 - we appreciate your professional additude...quite frankly most of my calls from supporters are yelling and cussing....." end quote

Daantje757

+1

son of liberty
FUCK Official HQ!
Sorry, I just like doing stuff I'm not susposed too.

Ozwest
01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
George, HQ has had a bunker mentality since the spring if not earlier.

Whispering sweet nothings in their ear, offering to help, constructive criticisms and flooding them with donations didn't get them to listen, what do you expect?

Freaking me out Bradley.

Quick
01-07-2008, 04:14 PM
I think that fact that supporters are calling yelling and cussing, which I don't condone or support this, should be a wake up call. We've called and suggested ideas, offered constructive criticism, etc.. and nothing has happened.

The HQ needs to get off their butts and start being more aggressive and start getting more involved. We sent Ron Paul $30 million dollars for a reason.

Ozwest
01-07-2008, 04:20 PM
America is no longer a Democracy/Republic, it's a travesty!

I'm not watching an election, I'm watching a choreographed symphony of steaming shit.

Bradley in DC
01-07-2008, 04:23 PM
George,

Most of the volunteers in DC refer to the HQ staff as "arrogant little snots" for a reason. Of course, they probably didn't notice or don't care about all of the dedicated Ron Paul supporters in the DC area that won't go volunteer there anymore.

They fire or won't hire the competent people who point out the inadequacies of the staff.

Do me a favor and survey how many of them have repeated the lie they made up that I got fired from the Congressional office. What they don't get yet is that the greater Ron Paul political family knows the story about me and about them. We're disgusted when we're not laughing at them. They have no future in our movement--and who else is going to hire them? Of course they're upset and desperate and have a bunker mentality.

MikeStanart
01-07-2008, 04:27 PM
For those of you who believe the campaign hasn't been as effective; and result to yelling / cursing; I have one thing to say to you:

Two Wrongs Don't make a Right. So stop hassling the campaign and get out and canvass houses.

Ozwest
01-07-2008, 04:27 PM
George,

Most of the volunteers in DC refer to the HQ staff as "arrogant little snots" for a reason. Of course, they probably didn't notice or don't care about all of the dedicated Ron Paul supporters in the DC area that won't go volunteer there anymore.

They fire or won't hire the competent people who point out the inadequacies of the staff.

Do me a favor and survey how many of them have repeated the lie they made up that I got fired from the Congressional office. What they don't get yet is that the greater Ron Paul political family knows the story about me and about them. We're disgusted when we're not laughing at them. They have no future in our movement--and who else is going to hire them? Of course they're upset and desperate and have a bunker mentality.

You shouldn't have to put up with that shit.

Ozwest
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM
In Oz-Land, once the election is declared, 6 weeks of electionering is afforded.

Ozwest
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Seems to work.

james1844
01-07-2008, 04:31 PM
The problem with HQ is they keep screwing up. Everything that works about Paul's campaign has been largely done by the grassroots.

Sorry...but after Iowa this became apparent to me.

Laja
01-07-2008, 04:35 PM

I agree with you Lars. But, of course, no one is listening. They like wasting their time with internal squabbling. The Hannity and Clinton stuff is all about Ron Paul supporter poseurs and I'll be it could be the same case with the calls to staff at HQ.

Wake up guys! RP supporters didn't just become a bunch of idiotic a-holes overnight. These are NOT RP supporters doing this. And those of you who don't read this and don't let this in, who continue with this time-wasting bickering, are hurting the campaign.

Ozwest
01-07-2008, 04:37 PM
The thing that troubles me, is no-one seems to be educated.

Avalon
01-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Their actions created it. Your actions created it more than any other individual involved in this campaign. You're the one pushing anti-HQ propaganda to create a "culture of execution" as you say within the grassroots...creating logjams in the hope that it will force them to cede to your demands.

deedles
01-07-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm thinking everyone should control what they can... like maybe being precinct captains?

Member of my meetup tonight are going to a NAIS meeting between Wisc. dept of ag and family farmers.. so the farmers can find out that they'll be forced to chip all their animals (probably). Then we'll be handing out Ron Paul Family Farm slimjims to the attendees.

Who the heck can control the national campaign anyway? It's too bad some of the obvious screw-ups, it looks like Dr. Paul could have picked more savvy,experienced people but I agree with whomever said the election is up to Dr. Paul and the grassroots. It's a shame but there it is.

walt
01-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Your actions created it more than any other individual involved in this campaign. You're the one pushing anti-HQ propaganda to create a "culture of execution" as you say within the grassroots...creating logjams in the hope that it will force them to cede to your demands.

you are clueless as to how to run a winning campaign. I'm not pushing propaganda, I'm showing the facts. The truth sometimes hurts.

walt
01-07-2008, 05:02 PM
George,

+1

Ozwest
01-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Should everybody model themselves on this?

The rest of the world is in awe.

Thank God you've got it right!

That antiquated Parliamentary system is irrelevant. Can I buy a Corvette with right hand drive?

Henry
01-07-2008, 05:19 PM
George,

Dead on Bradley! Unfortunately it reaches far beyond DC.

yongrel
01-07-2008, 05:21 PM
George, stop posting.

Just take a week off from the forum. Go hand out slim jims or whatever.

It just stirs up the forum.

The vast and overwhelming majority of RP's supporters know not to swear at the campaign, and those that don't will not be affected by you posts.

Kudos to you for having an inside line to the campaign. Now stop telling us.

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Thing about grassroots movements is that the more effective they are (record-breaking fundraising, double digits in many polls, MSM exposure) the more they attract weeds.

Now’s the time to start recognizing the difference between the grassroots and the weeds so the grassroots don't fight with grassroots.

angelatc
01-07-2008, 05:40 PM

Except for that "I will eat my shoe" thing. :p

RPinSEAZ
01-07-2008, 05:47 PM
The vast and overwhelming majority of RP's supporters know not to swear at the campaign, and those that don't will not be affected by you posts.

Kudos to you for having an inside line to the campaign. Now stop telling us.

haha, my thoughts exactly.

murph
01-07-2008, 05:47 PM
George,

Thank you for all you've done Bradley. My little bit of experience with some of that bunch confirms your view. Negativity is no fun, but a lot is at stake here and pretending like the staff is doing a brilliant job only because they put in long hours is not going to get the job done.

nsellers
01-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Thank you for all you've done Bradley. My little bit of experience with some of that bunch confirms your view. Negativity is no fun, but a lot is at stake here and pretending like the staff is doing a brilliant job only because they put in long hours is not going to get the job done.

When I was there back in the summer, I couldn't even say they put in long hours. What I recall is they stayed late, but came in late....reminiscence of sophomore (or even freshmen) college kids. There were a couple of HQ workers (and I mean 2) who were actually competent... The others' rudeness (even after I had been involved in fundraising) ran me off. How smart is being rude to a volunteer who helped get your salary paid?????

Yep, kudos for all Bradley has done. It certainly wasn't anyone at HQ that got the ball rolling to get RP on the DC ballot...which makes me conclude professional jealousy at HQ of Bradley is the source of lies about him.

Oh, and BTW Bradley, I'm Tivoing Leno tonight for you, in case you want to see RP on the Tonight Show again.

McDermit
01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
I agree with the sentiment - this should be common sense.

But the campaign needs to pick a new mouthpiece.

RSLudlum
01-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes this needs to be stopped!!! They get so much correspondence from us it's quite hard for them to keep up and do their other tasks....a coordinator here in charleston showed me the inbox and it was bursting at the seams!!! Correspond but don't make it harder for them than it has to be.

Remember: infighting = defeat!!!

AdoubleR
01-07-2008, 09:51 PM

Oh for the love of god... Won't you go die somewhere quietly? I've tried to stay out of this for a while now... F U you Minger... Look up what Minger means...

Matt Collins
01-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Sorry - but I cracked up when I saw the title of this thread.... It's hilarious... :p