PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has taken over my LIFE

AdamT
01-07-2008, 03:16 PM
It's a bizarre scene at my house. Stacks of t-shirts, slim jims, bumper stickers, buttons, DVD's, advertising rate cards, reports, clip boards, walk lists, boxes of yard signs, etc.

Both of my Macs are LITTERED with Ron Paul files, gigs and gigs of video footage, folder upon folder of images, pictures, PDFs, DVD iso files, ad layout files, you name it. Files going up to servers and files coming in.

The constant hum of the color laser printer as it churns out warm sheets of DVD labels.

Phone constantly ringing about different projects (driving wife nuts), emails going in and out may times a day. Monitoring and posting on forums, watching for new YouTubes and interviews. UPS and mail coming in and going out.

My house has turned into a mini campaign office in rural Wisconsin!

Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever guessed this would be my life.

And oh how sweet it is.....

Soccrmastr
01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I dont do quite as much but when i realize I spend about 5 hours a day doing something Ron Paul related it really hits me.. but makes me more motivated

dw1345
01-07-2008, 03:19 PM
It's people like you that really make a difference. Keep up the good work!

ColdSoul
01-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks to both of you! I am in the process of getting this started myself be becoming a precient captain!

btwilli1
01-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Can we get access to your ad layout files? I am going to be making a custom slim jim for my meet-up in New Orleans and anything would help. I was hoping to find a collection of all the slim jims.

shasshas
01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
are you nuts?

you better go out and get a proper job

Laja
01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
I'd love to find another company that makes slim jims. My last order from the official campaign took two weeks to get here and now that I'm maxed out with contributions to Ron Paul, I can't get anymore from them.

btwilli1
01-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Maybe as the grassroots we can find a printer who would be willing to reprint slim jims so people could get better access to them. I keep hearing how nobody is getting their stuff on time. Perhaps their is a on demand printer than can give us a good deal or something. We would need to collect original slim jim files or very high quality scans to get things printed from. Plus is it legal?

arbnranger
01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I feel ya.

I'm spending Saturdays out on the corner at red lights holding up Ron Paul signs???

Maybe I am a bit crazy for freedom.

hummtide
01-07-2008, 03:33 PM
OMIGOD!! YOu tooo!! We must be long lost brothers! :D This week, Im aiming for my 3,000 and hopefully 4,000th homes Ive canvassed with slimmy jimmys and trifolds. I rescheduled my week so I can have an extra day off on Friday

Benaiah
01-07-2008, 03:36 PM
//

Laja
01-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Maybe as the grassroots we can find a printer who would be willing to reprint slim jims so people could get better access to them. I keep hearing how nobody is getting their stuff on time. Perhaps their is a on demand printer than can give us a good deal or something. We would need to collect original slim jim files or very high quality scans to get things printed from. Plus is it legal?

I don't know. I called the HQ store yesterday and the guy who deals with the slim jims for people who are maxed out wasn't in. He's never returned my phone call. I don't want to get upset or anything, but this is really inefficient. It seems silly that a purchase of campaign material would be part of your campaign donation.

I don't think we can get a printer to copy these slim jims without permission. If we could get permission and then funnel everyone's orders to a printer separate from the campaign, we could get them in a timely fashion and for a good price.

LibertyEagle
01-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I'd love to find another company that makes slim jims. My last order from the official campaign took two weeks to get here and now that I'm maxed out with contributions to Ron Paul, I can't get anymore from them.

Yes, you can. But, you have to call and talk to Colin in the Store. Note: He's only in the office in the afternoon and I highly recommend you ask him to email you a shipping confirmation.:)