PDA

View Full Version : Could this work? :)

gregharmon
01-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I just had a funny thought. What if Ron Paul said "Nominate me as the Republican candidate or I will run as an independant and crush any hope of a GOP victory in the general election."

Almost every "neo con" republican you talk to will admit they're affraid that Ron Paul will run as an independant because that would mean the GOP has no chance.

So wouldn't they vote for Ron Paul if they thought that was the only chance the GOP had? :)

I know it would really be a bad idea, but I just had to throw that out there!

Noble
01-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I will run for president this year, I do not care what party.
I will campaign and I will get votes.
I am not going away.
My supporters are many and they are committed.
I will bust some fucking heads and I will split your vote, GOP.
I will run for president this year NO MATTER WHAT.
You're with me or you're against me.

hazek
01-07-2008, 03:15 PM
You can't make effective threats with everyone thinking you don't even have a following. Remember, the national polls don't show him very high. IMO most Neocons would just laugh at him if he did something like that.

Redcard
01-07-2008, 03:16 PM
If Ron Paul did and said that, he'd be a Kingmaker, and it would set the message back further than ever. We'd might as well pack it all up.

JPFromTally
01-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I never heard of extortion as being an effective campaign strategy.

Eponym_mi
01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Their fear is justified...and it means RP may have enough backers to swing the election. So, the neocons better shape up or ship out.

Redcard
01-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Their fear is justified...and it means RP may have enough backers to swing the election. So, the neocons better shape up or ship out.

I want Ron Paul as president because I'm _TIRED_ of this kind of political fear-mongering and vote capturing and bulldogging. If he does what you are suggesting, he'd become exactly what I hate about politics, and I'd change my vote because of it.

justinc.1089
01-07-2008, 03:19 PM
No they know he has a big following, why do you think they make out like he does not? Its because they're afraid of everyone realizing everyone else that knows about Paul likes him too.

Behind the scenes Paul needs to threaten to do this to them. It would really shake them up, and maybe give a reality check to the GOP, because if Paul does not get the nomination most of Paul's support will practically demand him to run for president anyway, so the republicans are looking at losing a solid 5% of their vote, possibly even as much as 15%, if Paul is not the nominee. And if he is not the nominee and we're lucky, they will lose 20% of their vote, and the dems will lose 10%-15% and we will win even on a third party!

But thats not likely, so thats why we must get him the republican nomination!

Cleaner44
01-07-2008, 03:23 PM
The Neocons would rather have Hillary than Ron Paul, surely you must realize this. Take note of Ruppert Murdoch having fundraisers for Hillary as one example.

Original_Intent
01-07-2008, 03:25 PM
No he should not threaten to do it, he should simply do it if he doesnt get the nomination.

From here on out, every election, don't sit at home when there are two lesser of two evil candidates, find a good third party person and support them, and if you can't do that write in Ron Paul (I am talking 2012, 2016...)

Too many have given up on the election process, this is exactly what the enemies of freedom want, every election your vote needs to be a "Hell NO!" to business as usual, taking our freedoms by incrementalism.

Commit to this for the rest of your life.

gregharmon
01-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Just a reminder that I don't really think Paul should do this. I just posted it for a few laughs :)

Original_Intent
01-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Just a reminder that I don't really think Paul should do this. I just posted it for a few laughs :)

I knew you were joking. I wasn't! :)