View Full Version : Where is our money going??? WMUR Releases purchases

Ronin
01-07-2008, 01:29 PM
WTF, we only spent $270,000 ?? We spent less than Huckabee :eek:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0108/7764.html

This really pisses me off.

hueylong
01-07-2008, 01:31 PM
This is not accurate. The campaign has spent $1.5 million in New Hampshire.

We are everywhere with TV, radio & especially direct mail (which is hugely expensive).

How about not flying off the handle at every single word in print?

Mortikhi
01-07-2008, 01:31 PM
I wonder what the campaign is waiting for?

We gave them the money. Spend it!

There was a reporter that wrote a few days ago, "Ron Paul will be the first presidential candidate to bow out of the race with a surplus".

I'm starting to believe it.

ShowMeLiberty
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
:confused:

I can only hope that there are plans to spend Enormous amounts of money in the 22 Super-Duper Tuesday states. Still seems like they should have spent more in NH though.

atilla
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
WTF, we only spent $270,000 ?? We spent less than Huckabee :eek:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0108/7764.html

This really pisses me off.

that means ron paul and rudy guilliani will likely be the only ones with money to spend on super Tuesday when half the delegates are awarded.

Dave Pedersen
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Considering the lackluster revenue stream so far in '08 I don't blame them for being careful with funds. They need a lot to cover the super Tuesday states.

atilla
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM

There was a reporter that wrote a few days ago, "Ron Paul will be the first presidential candidate to bow out of the race with a surplus".

win or lose, ron paul will be in till the convention.

stefans
01-07-2008, 01:36 PM
the article is only talking about money spent on WMUR ads, not TV ads in general, and not spending in general

d_goddard
01-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Whatever the campaign spent, I have seen less RP ads here in NH than Ghouliani and McCain ads.
McCain has been pumping money and time NH like it was his only shot.
I wish RP would have done the same, and sadly I do believe that will be reflected in the polls (and yes I am doing everything possible to help... right now I'm at work :P )

Ronin
01-07-2008, 01:52 PM
This is not accurate. The campaign has spent $1.5 million in New Hampshire.

We are everywhere with TV, radio & especially direct mail (which is hugely expensive).

How about not flying off the handle at every single word in print?

And the other candidates aren't elsewhere on TV? I'll stop flying off the handle when I see us competing. Do you think the voters we need to win actually read? Unfortunately, at some point we are going to have to win the "sheep" vote.

Elwar
01-07-2008, 01:55 PM
The pinko is not a good source for information.

rpfan2008
01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
"Ron Paul will be the first presidential candidate to bow out of the race with a surplus".

LMAO

Paulbot_9876
01-07-2008, 02:04 PM
he knows what he is doing.......he is a smart man......we seen this and need not judge him now on what he is doing.....

Johncjackson
01-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Don't forget all the expansion in paid staff.

blakjak
01-07-2008, 02:10 PM
TV ads run in New Hampshire:

Romney 7,247
McCain 3,670
Giuliani 2,797
Paul 789
Huckabee 83

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/media_agencies/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003693348

Drknows
01-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Ron Paul is a REAL conservative!! haha

Hes spending it in chunks It takes big money to stay in till the end.

Hes not going to drop out like MSM has suggested. this is all the way!!!

RollOn2day
01-07-2008, 02:12 PM
There will be no bowing out of the campaign.

It is Ron Paul for President not Ron Paul for the Republican Nomination.

We're going all the way to November...with or without the Republican Party.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/spin-room-paul.html

literatim
01-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Whatever the campaign spent, I have seen less RP ads here in NH than Ghouliani and McCain ads.
McCain has been pumping money and time NH like it was his only shot.
I wish RP would have done the same, and sadly I do believe that will be reflected in the polls (and yes I am doing everything possible to help... right now I'm at work :P )

Why are you on the forums and not out doing work for the campaign?

rpfan2008
01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
he knows what he is doing.......he is a smart man......we seen this and need not judge him now on what he is doing.....

Agree

Shink
01-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Maybe the speculation about Ron sandbagging cash for a 3rd party run is right. I don't like it, though, because Ron may not believe it, but he CAN win as a GOP candidate. He admitted, though, that his real goal is just to get the message of liberty out.

Dieseler
01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Ok, lets see here...

The campaign has spent around 1.5 million dollars in NH.

There are 50 states and the District of Columbia that we need to advertise / campaign in.

Seems to me the campaign has spent more than appropriately in NH considering the money they have on hand compared to the number of states they will need to advertise in.

WTF is the problem? :confused:

damon04
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Get over it!! We are doing SOOOO well with spending such a small amount. We should be proud of how efficient the campaign has been with our money!! Plus, SUPER DUPER TUESDAY will need a rediculous amount of money...

Jeremy
01-07-2008, 02:41 PM
that means ron paul and rudy guilliani will likely be the only ones with money to spend on super Tuesday when half the delegates are awarded.

:D

Chase
01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
I've heard rumors from other people that Dr. Paul's strategy that got him elected in Texas was to wait until the last minute and then have a huge blitz. Maybe he's preparing such a thing in preparation of Super Tuesday? Build the campaign way up really fast and give the press and other candidates no time to respond before the election?

Ronin
01-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Are you guys familiar with return on investment?

Ronin
01-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I've heard rumors from other people that Dr. Paul's strategy that got him elected in Texas was to wait until the last minute and then have a huge blitz. Maybe he's preparing such a thing in preparation of Super Tuesday? Build the campaign way up really fast and give the press and other candidates no time to respond before the election?

I hope you're right.

qwerty
01-07-2008, 02:46 PM
This Is A Marathon, Not A Sprint!

There Are 47 States Left After Nh!

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-07-2008, 02:46 PM
TV ads run in New Hampshire:

Romney 7,247
McCain 3,670
Giuliani 2,797
Paul 789
Huckabee 83

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/med..._id=1003693348

NOT ACCEPTABLE.

BillyDkid
01-07-2008, 02:47 PM
And the other candidates aren't elsewhere on TV? I'll stop flying off the handle when I see us competing. Do you think the voters we need to win actually read? Unfortunately, at some point we are going to have to win the "sheep" vote.We have a big disadvantage in as much as the media only has RP on as much as they have to while fawning daily over other candidate (the Huckster). The problem is, Huckabee doesn't need any real support or money - the media gives him tons of air time for nothing. That is what happened in Iowa. The media made him a serious candidate. It makes me want to vomit.

Bossobass
01-07-2008, 02:49 PM
In...all the way to a brokered convention. It's the smartest strategy.

Ron has said he'll stay in the fight as long as his supporters want him to, not any other reason, so please resist posting these childish blurts that second guess a 20 year veteran of politics.

Read these excerpts:

Just five candidates have been the focus of more than half of all the coverage. Hillary Clinton received the most (17% of stories). Barack Obama was next (14%), with Republicans Giuliani, McCain, and Romney measurably behind (9% and 7% and 5% respectively). As for the rest of the pack, [icluding Dr. Paul] Elizabeth Edwards, a candidate spouse, received more attention than 10 of them, and nearly as much as her husband.

January 4th 2008

Where are; Joseph Biden, Duncan Hunter, Sam Brownback, Dennis Kucinich, Chris Dodd, Mike Gravel, Bill Richardson, and Tom Tancredo? Answer. They don’t show up on the radar or they are out of the race. Why? The media has virtually ignored all of them. Oh sure they got a token here and there but the thousands of hits that each city receives each day referring to Election 2008 on the news casts reference Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Edwards, Mike Huckabee, Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Mitt Romney and John McCain. That’s it.

Ron Paul got an incredible 10 percent of the Iowa Republican Caucus vote in spite of this media/political party bosses’ tyranny. Just 1 percent vote total removed from both McCain and Thompson and put in Paul’s total would have created a virtual three-way tie for third place. I am convinced if Paul had not been deleted from the daily newscast he would have finished in a solid third place.

Ron Paul has shattered the matrix of the tyranny of the mainstream media. Now Fox News has excluded Ron Paul from an upcoming debate. Will you take this tyranny lying down America?

Thanks for the Victory Ron Paul

Mike Benoit
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

Ron's making history, against the previously undefeated power structure machinery, with an unprecedented platform that exposes the long hidden powers of the Federal Reserve System, military industrial complex, international trade agreements, North American Union, Nafta Super Highway, American Empire, Corporatism, Erosions of our Constitutional Civil Liberties, wars for oil, the real cause of inflation, etc.

Get to South Carolina and get busy. Help to get the blimp there, organize and attend rallies in numbers that that break records. The grassroots people are there, organized and ROLLING. McCain and Huckster are putz pies. We can WIN.

HQ are doing what no pundit in this country gave them the slightest chance to do. Send them money. Encourage others to do so. They have the number one weapon of this caqmpaign (and any other campaign I've ever witnessed), Ron Paul and his message of FREEDOM, PEACE & PROSPERITY!

Just a suggestion...

Bosso

Cindy
01-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Ok, lets see here...

The campaign has spent around 1.5 million dollars in NH.

There are 50 states and the District of Columbia that we need to advertise / campaign in.

Seems to me the campaign has spent more than appropriately in NH considering the money they have on hand compared to the number of states they will need to advertise in.

WTF is the problem? :confused:

The problem is that , it is a poor strategy. By doing well in the early primary states, people believe in your chances more and start throwing more money behind you to get you through Super Tuesaday.

What good is a million dollars set aside for a primary in April, if Paul comes in 5th for all the primaries before it.

He should've dumped at least 5 million into Iowa and NH each.

Huck won Iowa and now, not only are more donations pouring in for him, top GOP people are now offering to host fund raising events for him and he is getting a ton more free press.

Placing in the top 3 of every early primary matters and that's where I expected Paul to be spending a lot of the money we sent him.

Budgeting for personal and business finances is different then budgeting for winning a GOP nomination.

The strategy should be very different.

Brian Bailey
01-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the link.

Liberty
01-07-2008, 02:54 PM
There's an argument to be made for blitzing the early states to pick up more supporters that would donate money for the later states. Do you think the donations would have picked up this quarter if Ron would have placed third in Iowa?

jabrownie
01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
The problem is that , it is a poor strategy. By doing well in the early primary states, people believe in your chances more and start throwing more money behind you to get you through Super Tuesaday.

What good is a million dollars set aside for a primary in April, if Paul comes in 5th for all the primaries before it.

He should've dumped at least 5 million into Iowa and NH each.

Huck won Iowa and now, not only are more donations pouring in for him, top GOP people are now offering to host fund raising events for him and he is getting a ton more free press.

Placing in the top 3 of every early primary matters and that's where I expected Paul to be spending a lot of the money we sent him.

Budgeting for personal and business finances is different then budgeting for winning a GOP nomination.

The strategy should be very different.

If he did as you suggest he would become the direct target of the other 5 over and over again, with the media playing all the negative over and over until he dropped out.

If he waits to do it, then it's him against one or two others, where his voice and his side is much more likely to be heard. The price of doing this is not getting as many delegates in a few early states. The benefit is that he might be able to get his points across and actually win over the support of America, and those who supporting the candidates who dropped out.

The latter gives him a shot at winning, the former turns him into mush quickly. He's doing the right thing, this one will go to the convention and therefore is a marathon and not a sprint.

hueylong
01-07-2008, 03:05 PM
The problem is that no one on this forum has ever run a political campaign, much less a Presidential campaign.

The campaign is doing a great job allocating resources. The criticism from people with no clue is really pretty obnoxious.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-07-2008, 03:09 PM
With the delegate penalties for the early primary states, it's unwise to spend a lot to win these essentially worthless states - Florida has less delegates than Georgia!

So while everyone else blows their money loads early, Ron will have money to campaign in unpenalized and potentially friendly states like TX and CA