PDA

View Full Version : Two jets crash in Persian Gulf?? WTF?

SeanEdwards
01-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Breaking news: two U.S FA-18 fighter jets crash in persian gulf region. Cause unknown. Crews apparently ejected and were recovered safely.

WTF is going on here? This is bullshit.

Dorfsmith
01-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Somewhere near Iran? Anybody have a link to this story?

BeFranklin
01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
The stealing of the election?

tsetsefly
wow wow wow, imagine if the neocons started a war against Iran, imo this would backfire on them, no freaking way people could buy into this bullshit..

slantedview
this is BS. we can all see through it.

LFOD
01-07-2008, 12:49 PM
source please

Sey.Naci
01-07-2008, 12:49 PM
It was suggested even before the present election run that Bushco would ensure that the US would start another war. The purpose? To put off the election entirely or ensure that the warhawks win it.

slantedview
01-07-2008, 12:50 PM
source please

x2. not seeing it.

Johnnybags
01-07-2008, 12:50 PM
marshall law? The health of the state is failing, we need a doctor.

smartguy911
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
source please

yes sourceee

Ninja Homer
It was on CNN. They said that the most likely scenario was that they hit each other. No evidence of them being shot down.

OV 101 Enterprise
don't so quick to assume the worst. It is very possible that these planes where simply flying in formation, and crashed into each other. I am not saying that this is what happened, but without more information, we cannot assume this is a coverup.

pacelli
01-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Breaking news: two U.S FA-18 fighter jets crash in persian gulf region. Cause unknown. Crews apparently ejected and were recovered safely.

They were probably old jets that needed to be dumped.

But I'm sure the truth is that they were shot down by terrorists using US-(oops! Soviet)-provided stingers.

Seriously though, I am glad to hear that the pilots are OK. That is really the most important thing.

Ron2Win
Both Pilots ejected and are alive. It was on CNN.

BeFranklin
FYI: The 'revelation' from earlier was Mitt's supposed buying into a Mormon prophecy to save the U.S. and create a mormon theocracy. Since it sounds sortof like what other people call the antichrist, I suppose it might have some effect.

Dave Wood
01-07-2008, 12:53 PM
How much of our tax $ just went down in the Persian gulf?

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 12:54 PM
FYI: The 'revelation' from earlier was Mitt's supposed buying into a Mormon prophecy to save the U.S. and create a mormon theocracy. Since it sounds sortof like what other people call the antichrist, I suppose it might have some effect.

lol...

Talldude1412
01-07-2008, 12:55 PM

what? You mean the 1:30 bombshell?

Talldude1412
01-07-2008, 12:57 PM

two F18 superhornets? 57 mill each.

N13
01-07-2008, 12:57 PM
America is getting a dose of: Problem-------Reaction---------Solution.

Gimme Some Truth
01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
don't so quick to assume the worst. It is very possible that these planes where simply flying in formation, and crashed into each other. I am not saying that this is what happened, but without more information, we cannot assume this is a coverup.

Yea, its ridiculous to assume everything that happens in the world is part of some kind of cover up to discredit Ron Paul or further war.

I get tired of people shouting "cover up" or "false flag" every single time. It discredits you (and in turn Ron Paul/the movement to undecided folks). Its similar to what the neocons do, whereby everything that happens in the world is part of some terrorist plot against the US

Its hypocritical to deplore the MSM for not being fair and balanced when you cant be that yourselves.

Proof, not speculation, please. At least a source

Talldude1412
01-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Yea, its ridiculous to assume everything that happens in the world is part of some kind of cover up to discredit Ron Paul or further war.

I get tired of people shouting "cover up" or "false flag" every single time. It discredits you (and in turn Ron Paul/the movement to undecided folks). Its similar to what the neocons do, whereby everything that happens in the world is part of some terrorist plot against the US

Its hypocritical to deplore the MSM for not being fair and balanced when you cant be that yourselves.

here here

slamhead
01-07-2008, 01:06 PM

$64M

JoBurke
01-07-2008, 01:35 PM

no disrespect, but it is all very convenient: "American" Al-Qaeda message, strange "Iran dealings" Big bombs in Baghdad today, with Hilary tanking, and the GOP being a dead heat (it would seem like it is getting harder and harder to manipulate the vote nowadays)

there is not better way than fear - tried and true, all day on CNN and FOX and MSM "IRAN" "BOMBS" "JETS" "BAGHDAD" "TERRORISTS" "Adam Gadahn - American Al-Qaeda agent" the random dude getting a coffe at starbucks is getting the soundbits, and all the sheeple get caught up....they know the drill

this aint new....get out your flags and lets support our owners....

cmon now - its getting old, if only we had some organization and a true underground we could start picking off the elites one by one...but I am guessing that wont start until half of us are in camps wishing we had our rights back...and wishing we hadnt forgot how to think for ourselves.

><

JoBurke
01-07-2008, 01:36 PM
FEAR FEAR FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLLYWOOD
01-07-2008, 01:38 PM
$64M

You're forgetting... the replacement cost is much higher... DOD announce the procurement of an additional 30 F-18F for 2.2 billion = $ 73.33 MILLION per FIGHTER I guess GOVERNMENT INFLATION? lol

HERE'S THE SCARY BIT from that announcement TRANSCRIPT:

http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/transcript.aspx?transcriptid=742

Q: Your budget, Mr. Secretary, allocated $2.2 billion for 30 additional Superhornets. Some of your staff has said that before that actually happens, before that money is given to the contractor, that you want to certify that this wing drop problem... a fix for that is identified. Can you talk a little bit about your confidence in the Navy in fixing that. And also, what happens if you don't certify a fix? Do you cancel the program? Do you...

A: The first thing is to fire the staff members who have been talking to you. (Laughter) No...

The problems that have been identified with the F-18E/F model we believe can be corrected with very marginal costs involved. It would not require a wing redesign. Some of the changes that I've looked at, the three approaches that have been suggested by a very distinguished panel... The panel was selected, Dr. Hamre was the individual in charge of forming a blue ribbon panel to look at this -- distinguished scientists, and those very well experienced in the field of aerodynamics. They have come up with three proposed changes which are very marginal in nature which they believe either together or in a solitary fashion will be able to correct the problem. There will be no release of an additional 30 aircraft until I'm satisfied that that wing drop problem has been corrected.

Press: Thank you very much.

The War for Profit F-18E Superhornets

S3eker
01-07-2008, 01:43 PM
$64M

X 2 (for the aircraft and replacement)

Gimme Some Truth
01-07-2008, 01:45 PM
no disrespect, but it is all very convenient: "American" Al-Qaeda message, strange "Iran dealings" Big bombs in Baghdad today, with Hilary tanking, and the GOP being a dead heat (it would seem like it is getting harder and harder to manipulate the vote nowadays)

there is not better way than fear - tried and true, all day on CNN and FOX and MSM "IRAN" "BOMBS" "JETS" "BAGHDAD" "TERRORISTS" "Adam Gadahn - American Al-Qaeda agent" the random dude getting a coffe at starbucks is getting the soundbits, and all the sheeple get caught up....they know the drill

this aint new....get out your flags and lets support our owners....

cmon now - its getting old, if only we had some organization and a true underground we could start picking off the elites one by one...but I am guessing that wont start until half of us are in camps wishing we had our rights back...and wishing we hadnt forgot how to think for ourselves.

><

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying stuff like this doesnt happen. It has. Please re-read my post.

I watched Fox News for about 3 hours last night (on TVU player) - 1hour before the "debate" and the 2 hour "debate". Before the debate Fox completely rewrote the history of the middle east , not mentioning anything about Iran overthrows by the US/UK etc etc etc and only the "positive" US involvement. Im not asleep. I support Ron Paul afterall.

ashlux
01-07-2008, 01:47 PM

It was probably just a mid-air collision.

r3volution
01-07-2008, 01:49 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/01/07/iran.us.navy/index.html

Antonius Stone
01-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I dont know about you guys but this sounds like Gulf of Tonkin part 2

Perry
01-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Provide links when you post news please.

JoBurke
01-07-2008, 02:02 PM
You misunderstand me. I'm not saying stuff like this doesnt happen. It has. Please re-read my post.

I watched Fox News for about 3 hours last night (on TVU player) - 1hour before the "debate" and the 2 hour "debate". Before the debate Fox completely rewrote the history of the middle east , not mentioning anything about Iran overthrows by the US/UK etc etc etc and only the "positive" US involvement. Im not asleep. I support Ron Paul afterall.

I said no disrespect, I hear where you are coming from - everything should not be generalized...like you said not all is a false flag....but in my views....they are warming the machine up...and guess what? right on time!

and you know what else? it is working...just like always

I respect you and everyone - but like I said in another post:

"dont knock Alex Jones for trying to find truth in the madness - he was how about 50% of people on Ron Pauls side found out about him.

stick with the truth...it works...making your mind believe nonsense like fire destroying skyscrapers, and listening to our leaders lie to us daily to the point where you just dont care what they say is really making us become dumber each day....

but like Dr. Paul says - if you make a mistake (like becoming a sheeple...and becoming apathetic) the answer is not to continue doing it, but rather to correct the mistake (like thinking for yourself, and not swallowing the bunk they spew) really like that soldiers you tube video which tells facts and truths...who is benifitting? you ? me? no - just all of the companies that are given no bid contracts, and those who get to steal oil and on and on and on...."

><

amy31416
01-07-2008, 02:02 PM

You're right. Keep reminding us from time to time. We need to be more analytical.

JoBurke
01-07-2008, 02:06 PM
You have to love the concept: "harassed and provoked"

its like saying 5 poodles "harassed and provoked" 3 pit bulls

sorry, just comical to me....I am a veteran of the cold war....if I had $20 for every "Show of Force" we did on the border against the russians I would have more money than the Bush Family - and I am sure you hardley ever heard about those....

SgtBulldog
01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
This is an Iranian Revolutionary Guard boat:

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Video/070329/nn_maceda_iran_070329.300w.jpg

Shink
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
America is getting a dose of: Problem-------Reaction---------Solution.

Yep. Hegelian dialectics as well.

Shink
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Video/070329/nn_maceda_iran_070329.300w.jpg

Wow, I can't even swim, and I think I'd take it out in open waters.:D

JMO
01-07-2008, 02:17 PM
CNN is reporting that Bush said this is a serious incident that demands a explanation from the Iranian Government.

Tronchaser
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Guys.. believe it or not, quite a few planes crash on carriers for whatever reason. In my 3 tours on carriers, we lost at least 1 plane per cruise, sometimes more, for whatever reason. It's really not that unusual. Aircraft carriers are one of the *most* dangerous environments in the world. Period.

Trigonx
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Guys.. believe it or not, quite a few planes crash on carriers for whatever reason. In my 3 tours on carriers, we lost at least 1 plane per cruise, sometimes more, for whatever reason. It's really not that unusual. Aircraft carriers are one of the *most* dangerous environments in the world. Period.

thats pretty costly though :(

SeanEdwards
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM

Yes this is entirely possible, but the timing is suspect. I'm glad that the media seems quick to say it was a midair collision. It just seems odd coming so close on the heels of reports of Iranian boats provoking U.S. warships.

rollingpig
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM

wow,that's amazing.:D:D

ValidusCustodiae
01-07-2008, 02:27 PM

How stupid would people have to be to believe someone would attack a U.S. warship with a fishing boat?

Sandy
01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
It was suggested even before the present election run that Bushco would ensure that the US would start another war. The purpose? To put off the election entirely or ensure that the warhawks win it.

You mean someone like Hillary or Obama? :eek:

This whole thing is a joke. The right/left ordeal is a joke, except for people like Ron Paul. The neocons and neolibs are the same group of people!! CFR members or affiliate. One method of trying to create a one world gov't is through WAR. PNAC is part of the NWO, wake up people.

OReich
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
I want a source for this; and if this is a prank, this dude better be permanently banned from the forums.

ecliptic
01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
CNN is reporting that Bush said this is a serious incident that demands a explanation from the Iranian Government.

Baaaaaad news, if confirmed?

JMO
01-07-2008, 02:47 PM
(CNN) -- Five Iranian Revolutionary Guard boats "harassed and provoked" three U.S. Navy ships early Sunday in international waters, the U.S. military said Monday, calling the encounter a "significant" confrontation.
art.hopper.file.navy.jpg

The USS Hopper, seen in a file photo, was one of the ships harassed by Iranian boats, officials say.

An Iranian official, however, said it was not a serious incident, the state-run news agency IRNA reported.

U.S. military officials said the incident occurred early Sunday morning in the Strait of Hormuz, a narrow shipping channel leading in and out of the Persian Gulf.

They said that as the guided missile destroyer USS Hopper, the guided missile cruiser USS Port Royal and the guided-missile frigate USS Ingraham were entering the Persian Gulf, five Iranian boats approached them at high speed and swarmed them.

The Iranian boats made "threatening" moves toward the U.S. ships and in one case came within 200 yards of one of them, the U.S. officials said. Video Watch what U.S. officials are saying about the incident »

The U.S. Navy also received a radio transmission that officials believe came from the Iranian boats. The transmission said, "I am coming at you. You will explode in a couple of minutes," the U.S. military officials told CNN.

When the U.S. ships heard that radio transmission, they took up their gun positions and officers were "in the process" of giving the order to fire when the Iranians abruptly turned away, the U.S. officials said.

After the radio transmission, one of the Iranian boats dropped white boxes into the water in front of the U.S. ships, the officials said. It was not clear what was in the boxes, the officials said. See a map of the Strait of Hormuz »

No shots were fired, and no one was injured.
Don't Miss

* Iran patrols Persian Gulf, U.S. says

Iran's foreign ministry spokesman downplayed the incident, calling it "ordinary," IRNA reported. Mohammad Ali Hosseini said that similar incidents had occurred in the past between Iranian and American ships, and the issues were resolved as soon as the ships recognized each other, IRNA reported.

The Strait of Hormuz, which is in international waters, is near much of the world's oil supplies.

The White House urged Iran to refrain from "such provocative actions that could lead to a dangerous incident in the future," National Security Council spokesman Gordon Johndroe said.

U.S. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said the United States probably would not make a formal protest to Iran about the incident.

McCormack said, "I can't speak to their rationale, their reasoning, their motivations."

Iran and the United States do not have diplomatic relations. Switzerland represents U.S. interests in Tehran, while Pakistan represents Iranian interests in Washington.

McCormack declined to comment further on the incident but said, "The U.S. will confront Iranian behavior where it seeks to do harm either to us or to our friends and allies in the region."

On Friday, the U.S. Navy announced the same team of naval ships had been searching in the Arabian Sea for a sailor missing for a day from the USS Hopper. The outcome of the search was not immediately known Monday.

In November, the U.S. military reported that Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps had taken command of Tehran's naval operations in the Persian Gulf.

The United States considers the Revolutionary Guard to be a major supporter of terrorist activity.
advertisement

Tensions between Iran and the U.S. have increased over the last few years. The U.S. has concerns about Iran's nuclear program and has accused Iran of supplying weapons to insurgents in Iraq who target American forces.

In March, Iran detained 15 crew members of a British ship before releasing them after nearly two weeks. Iran alleged the British vessel strayed into Iranian waters -- an assertion Britain strongly denied.

Alex Libman
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Other Iran shi'ite in red on Drudge's (http://www.drudgereport.com/) left side:

Pentagon Says Ships Harassed by Iran... (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8U16UGG0&show_article=1)

'Provoke'... (http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN0739039120080107?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true)

Iranians 'Were a Heartbeat From Being Blown Up'... (http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2008/01/us-iranians-wer.html)

Speedboats 'threatened suicide attack'... (http://timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article3147217.ece)

paulette
01-07-2008, 03:15 PM
This is some scary shit-and I am referring to OUR "leaders".

Gimme Some Truth
01-07-2008, 03:41 PM

At 1st glance I thought that was a screenshot from Lost :D

PatriotG
01-07-2008, 03:44 PM

They have to be 35 to 40 million each

News Story is out there on the web

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-7205269,00.html

josh24601
01-07-2008, 03:56 PM
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=67538

Nothing Iran related, relax everyone.

Jeeze you people are reactionary.

DaneKirk
01-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Shit happens.... plan and simple. Being in the military I can tell you there are accidents every now and then. They do not always get reported but they happen. That airspace in Iraq and the Persian Gulf is PACKED. Flying into Baghdad and Balad it is like flying into the busiest airport you can think of. And when it comes to the 5 Iranian ships, they would have been annulated in seconds. It is not in our ROE's to do anything to provoke Iran. From what I hear they were the aggressors, not us. Just listen to what is coming out on the news. If the Iranians were smart they would stay clear because Vulcan cannons are not merciful. I am very surprised they were allowed within 200 yards, that proves that we gave them every chance possible to stop and they did. If it was me they would have been dead long before that and it would have been completely justified.