PDA

View Full Version : Ron Pauls across America: Candidates that need our support.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Ok, I started this thread so we can post about "Ron Paul" like candidates. When you post about them, be sure to put their full name, website, location, office they are running for... etc.

This way people can find candidates in their area that are spreading the message...

I'll start with myself:

Brent Sanders
Seeking: 5th Congressional Dirstict in Louisiana
Running against Rodney Alexander-R (neocon)
website: http://www.joinsanders.com (website is not yet published give us a week)

PM me for more information about donating, volunteering, or filling staff positions.

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Larry Kilgore
Seeking: US Senate Texas
Running agaisnt: either Cornyn, John or Hutchison, Kay Bailey

Zydeco
07-19-2007, 01:48 PM
It's critical that we support viable candidates like torchbearer. Ron Paul is going to become president and having 3 or 4 Paul Brouns in the house will make an ENORMOUS difference. I just donated to the Brent Sanders campaign and I feel great about it -- he's got a good shot at taking out the current neocon in office.

DjLoTi
07-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Theodore Terbolizard
California's 4th Congressional District
http://terbocongress.org/

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 01:54 PM
How about local government?

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 01:58 PM
How about local government?

Any office, anywhere...!

JoshLowry
07-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Great Brent!

I think I would like to run once I turn 25.

I'd run on a Ron Paul platform as a Republican.
Josh Lowry Manuel
Seeking: 10th Congressional District in Texas in 2010

That'd be great to just take over everywhere with the other "RP" platform. I got Texas' 10th covered!

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I can also give advice to others who want to run, i got some experience at it.

jorlowitz
07-19-2007, 02:05 PM
This would be a very important additional step to extend the support for a more libertarian-based approach to government. There is a list up at the Ron Paul wiki that is getting similar details together. If you're going to post them here, it'd be even better to add them there.

The link: Ron Paul Press Hub (WIKI) - Other Candidates (http://wiki.ronpaulpresshub.com/index.php?title=Other_Candidates)

note: Wiki's are like public encyclopedias, so you can edit them yourself. If you're unsure about how to handle formatting a) don't worry about it too much and b) PM if you need some pointers and I'll tell you what I can

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Can we see about sending out a general notice of this to all the meetup groups? Especially the Austin group, hell we might even be able to take over all of Texas.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 02:10 PM
uhh I think that we should be concentrating on Ron Paul.

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 02:17 PM
"uhh I think that we should be concentrating on Ron Paul."
Thats the beauty of this plan. Ron Paul cant be on every television and radio show, but these people can. People are tired of hearing about Ron Paul, but have never heard of Brett Sanders. Each time one of our people gets press we plugg Ron. "Against the war why I never! Hunh Larry Kilgore, small government christian values, sounds like a great guy!". This is just another way to get the message out there and to reach more people we normally wouldnt. Also we need to take back our country, from the President all the way to the Mayor.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm not familar with wiki, how do you add candidates to the wiki entry?

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 02:25 PM
uhh I think that we should be concentrating on Ron Paul.

The main reason I'm running is to Promote Ron Paul and his message.
I lost my job the last time I ran for congress, i take critism and hate mail for my Ron Paul message, this is not an easy thing to do (not that i want to scare others away from doing it). this is the most patriotic way I can support ron paul...

I don't want to take donations away from Ron Paul, but those people who have maxed out their donations can help Ron Paul's cause by supporting constitutionalist who are running for congress. Ron Paul will need support in congress to get things done. I think it makes sense to promote the idea of people like us to run for congress and to have list like these so people can find candidates in there area to help out in the cause for freedom. IMO.

I've got experience and a good record. I can do a lot for Ron Paul in 2008 by running for congress. In fact, it wasn't my idea, but others on the forum that convinced me this would be a prudent action to take in the coming months.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 02:29 PM
"uhh I think that we should be concentrating on Ron Paul."
Thats the beauty of this plan. Ron Paul cant be on every television and radio show, but these people can. People are tired of hearing about Ron Paul, but have never heard of Brett Sanders. Each time one of our people gets press we plugg Ron. "Against the war why I never! Hunh Larry Kilgore, small government christian values, sounds like a great guy!". This is just another way to get the message out there and to reach more people we normally wouldnt. Also we need to take back our country, from the President all the way to the Mayor.

Paul Braun is pro-war, how is he not a neo con? Won't he be speaking out against Dr. Paul? Dr. Paul spoke of political hopefuls paying lip service to the Constitution in order to get elected.

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 02:37 PM
"Paul Braun is pro-war, how is he not a neo con? Won't he be speaking out against Dr. Paul? Dr. Paul spoke of political hopefuls paying lip service to the Constitution in order to get elected."

Not everyone is going to agree on every issue. We have a diverse group of supporters. From rascists to hawks to doves to truthers and anti truthers and everything in between. Alot of us have similar ideas but we all agree in freedom and the Constitution. I personally didnt become less anti truther until I started helping the campaign. Not including people because of one or two issues isnt wise and it wont help the campaign.

Why doesnt someone just call him and ask him if hes pro Ron Paul?

Zydeco
07-19-2007, 02:44 PM
I disagree with Joseph and agree with Chairman Mao.

This is the beginning of a movement, and President Ron Paul will find his ability to reduce the size of federal government increased exponentially by the presence of three or four (or more) Paul Broun / Brent Sanders types in congress. Paul Broun is already there, Brent Sanders easily could be in '08 IF he gets a few donations.

So donate! This is synergy. Money sent to Brent Sanders is like money sent to Ron Paul. And no, I've never met Brent before, I just think we need more of him and more Paul Brouns in office.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 02:51 PM
hmm I'll be 25 in december of 2008, is it too early for me?

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 02:51 PM
If nothing else this is the best time ever for something like this to happen. We have a better communication system then has ever existed. We have the energy. We have the groups of people. Most importantly, we have the resolve. All the hard work is done. We might not get this great of an oportunity ever again.

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Always a position on city council or state legislation Joseph.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 03:38 PM
hmm I'll be 25 in december of 2008, is it too early for me?

I think you are sworn in during January, so i think you can run.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 03:40 PM
<delete>

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Sounds fine to me but I would suggest having more people look at it. I would recommend a bit more fire in it but im not an expert.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Sounds fine to me but I would suggest having more people look at it. I would recommend a bit more fire in it but im not an expert.

I know we have some excellent writers on this board. I'd welcome complete re-writes. This is what will be released to the news papers... perhaps I should mention how Ron Paul has inspired me to run again for this position?

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 05:15 PM
"perhaps I should mention how Ron Paul has inspired me to run again for this position?"
Definetly, the FTers and Rudy supporters will be flabbergasted. Ive personally never heard of something like this happening and I dont think very many people have.

SeanEdwards
07-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Theodore Terbolizard

turbolizard?!?! :eek:

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 05:39 PM
turbolizard?!?! :eek:

mammals and repitiles alike love Ron Paul. ;)

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Someone was asking me about my political experience... so I guess it would be good to list it here since its public knowledge anyway:

2003: ran for state leg. as libertarian, 24 years of age. got 19% against an incumbent democrat in a 90% democratic district.

2005: elected at-large rep. Libertarian Party of Louisiana

2006: ran for U.S. rep. as a libertarian, 27 years of age
got 2% in a crowded field of candidates.

2006: elected vice-chairman, libertarian party of louisiana

2007: vice-chairman, Committee to Elect T. Lee Horne, III for Governor

2007: elected at-large rep., Libertarian Party of Louisiana

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 06:00 PM
you were elected?

DAZ
07-19-2007, 06:01 PM
<ignore>

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Cool thanks Daz!

RonPaulGetsIt
07-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Good work and good luck Brent. In regards to your press release, website, strategy etc I would try to closely emulate Ron Paul. Include you tube videos of any debates or speeches you may have and maybe a few or Dr. Paul so people know you are running as a Ron Paul defend the Constitution candidate. As his message gets out you should be able to garner a large amount of support simply on the back of his name recognition. And it will be mutually beneficial for you and Dr. Paul as you drill home the ideas of smaller government and more personal liberties to those out there who haven't heard of him.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Here is another Ron Paul like candidate running for Governor in Louisiana:

T. Lee Horne, III
http://www.governor.ws
I work with him personally and he doing well in polls!
go vote for him here at this online poll:
http://www.wdsu.com/news/13666901/detail.html

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Do we wanna do just new people running for office or do we want to include people running for reelection like Jim Guest?

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 06:24 PM
re-election too! just put a note that its a re-election.

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Jim Guest
position:state rep Missouri 5th district
running against:whoever Jeff Roe props up
Going for:reelection

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Good work and good luck Brent. In regards to your press release, website, strategy etc I would try to closely emulate Ron Paul. Include you tube videos of any debates or speeches you may have and maybe a few or Dr. Paul so people know you are running as a Ron Paul defend the Constitution candidate. As his message gets out you should be able to garner a large amount of support simply on the back of his name recognition. And it will be mutually beneficial for you and Dr. Paul as you drill home the ideas of smaller government and more personal liberties to those out there who haven't heard of him.

I plan on it!

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Here is a picture of T. Lee Horne, III and I handing out political literature at a parade in Bunkie, LA http://www.jivasrecords.com/brent_and_lee.jpg

mtmedlin
07-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Heres a two minute re-work. If you like the direction its going, let me know and I can try to put more into it. I went with more of an interview format with italics to distinguish. It really isnt my best work but again the last speech I wrote for a condidate was explaining a DUI and I had about a week to write it.

__________________________________________________ ______________
Brent Sanders of Alexandria has formally announced his candidacy for 5th District Congressional Representative. Sanders a graduate of Holy Savior Menard High School holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology from Louisiana College and has held several local political positions.

Reducing the size of the federal government by voting against pork barrel projects and working to reform or shut down programs which do not meet there goals are his top priorities. “I am not willing to make promises just to receive a vote.” Sanders was quoted "I want to go to Washington to work for the people of the 5th Congressional District and restore their faith in Representative government by never voting for unnecessary spending, raising taxes or voting contrary to the Constituition,"
Sanders is not afraid to take on difficult issues like Social Security. “Our congress should have fixed the system years ago when it was first pointed out that there was a problem and not pass the problem on to future generations.”

“We must shore up the system so it can meet the growing demand the baby-boomers will be placing on the system and so the federal government can meet its obligations to all citizens.” He added, “In the long term, we must move toward privatization so the public can invest their hard earned dollar in a system that yields a much higher level of return. Social Security does not allow an accumulation of wealth. You pay in but are not allowed to hand down the fruits of your labor to love ones. Privatization fixes this glaring problem but first we have to meet our obligations to those who have paid into this system.”

When questioned about the War in Iraq Sanders was quick to point out, “ The majority now opposes the war, people shouldn’t forget the Democratic and Republican Leaders in Washington almost all voted unanimously to go to war. " Sanders added “ I would like to see an immediate withdrawal of troops but I realize this would be difficult and could take time.” “Our sons and daughters are in harms way.” He said with some emotion, “Our goal was to remove Saddam Hussein, his corrupt leadership, and eliminate any weapons of mass destruction. While no weapons of mass destruction were found, our mission has essentially been accomplished.” He added, “ Our country should not engage in nation building and that is exactly what we are doing in Iraq. We have stabilized the new Iraqi Government as best we can and now it is time to let the Iraqi people determine the outcome of their future.”

Further on his lists on changes he feels that the government must stop subsidies to the oil companies. He can see no reason why the federal government should continue to subsidize these oil companies while they continue to net major profits at the cost of the consumer. “By removing oil subsidies it would create a fairer market place in which alternative energy could freely develop as the market demands.”

“Illegal immigration and the burden it places on our country is extreme. Existing laws need to be enforced. Immigration should be allowed but illegal immigration should be prevented.” he said, while he also feels, “ Immigrants have always had an important role to play in our country.” While he opposes using military to patrol our borders with Mexico for illegal immigrants he is not opposed to increasing the size and training of our Border Patrol.

“Our school systems should not be required to educate people who are here illegally. Our hospitals should not be required to provide services, other than emergencies, to illegal immigrants at the expense of tax payers. This charity to illegal aliens needs to stop now before the resources it drains cost Americans their prosperity or worse, lives”"
__________________________________________________ _______________

Do with it what ya will and I hope it helps.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 07:09 PM
<delete>

beerista
07-19-2007, 07:21 PM
I haven't really addressed form or content or style or a number of other things. Well, not very much. :) This is just a quick run through to get a few minor details straightened out. Most of my suggestions are pretty nit-picky stuff (I was an English major; I can't help myself.) and some may have been caused by my non-standard word processor not playing well with the forum. Further, many of my suggestions aren't strictly for grammatical correctness so much as for clarity.
If you'll tell us how this whole thing works, maybe some of us can be of more help. For instance, is this supposed to be a list of facts that the newspaper or other outlet will then work into a story or is it likely to be released as-is? Different approach for each.
Once you've given a bit more context as to how this will be used, I'd be happy to take another (more brutal) pass at it and address some of those other concerns, if that's what you really want. Of course, I know little about journalism, so my input on that front may be of limited value.
-------------

Brent Sanders of Alexandria has formally announced his candidacy for 5th District Congressional Representative. Sanders graduated high school from Holy Savior Menard High School [where?] and received a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology from Louisiana College.

He said he will work to reduce the size of the federal government by voting against pork barrel projects and working to reform or shut down programs which [that?] do not work. He says [tense switch from previous “said”] he is not willing to make promises just to receive a vote.
"I want to go to Washington to work for the people of the 5th Congressional District [;] and [strike “and”] working to cut pork barrel projects will help us all," Sanders said.
Another issue Sanders said is important is Social Security. Sanders said “Our congress should have fixed the system years ago when it was first pointed out that there was a problem [. Instead they've passed...] and not pass the problem on to future generations.”

Sanders said he would work to initially shore up the system so it can meet the growing demand the baby-boomers will be placing on the system and so the federal government can meet its obligations to all citizens. He added, “In the long term, I would like to see the system move toward privatization so the public can invest there [their] hard earned dollar [dollars. But] but first we have to meet our obligations.”
When questioned about the War in Iraq [,] Sanders said, “While the main population now opposes the war, people shouldn’t forget the Democratic and Republican Leaders [small “l” leaders] in Washington almost all voted unanimously [unanimously means all, not “almost all”] to go to war. " [remove space between “ and .] Sanders added [add “,” or “that”] although he would like to see an immediate withdrawal of troops [,] he realizes this would [will?] be difficult.

Sanders would like to see our sons and daughters out of harms [harm's] way. He said, “Our goal was to remove Saddam Hussein, his corrupt leadership, and eliminate any weapons of mass destruction [Hussein and his corrupt leadership and to eliminate... This is not a list of like things.]. While no weapons of mass destruction were found, our mission has essentially been accomplished.” [need two spaces here] He added, “ Our [remove space between “ and Our] country should not engage in nation building and that is exactly what we are doing in Iraq. We have stabilized the new Iraqi Government [do you want to capitalize “Government” here?] as best we can and now it is time to let the Iraqi people determine the outcome of [eliminate “the outcome of”] their future.”
On gas and oil [,] Sanders said it is past time for our government to stop subsidies to [this is nit-picky, but you should use a verb form here somehow; i.e., “stop subsidizing” or “stop granting subsidies to”] the oil companies. He said he can see no reason why the federal government should continue to subsidize these oil companies while they continue to net [reap?] major profits at the cost of [at cost to] the consumer.

Sanders said by removing oil subsidies it [awkward; consider “said that removing oil subsidies would create”] would create a fairer market [marketplace = one word?] place in which alternative energy [alternative energy solutions?] could freely develop as the market demands.

Sanders feels illegal immigration and the burden it places on our country is extreme. [consider “Sanders feels that the burden placed on this country by illegal immigration is extreme.”] He said he would like to see existing laws enforced. He feels [that] immigration should be allowed but [that] illegal immigration should be prevented.
He pointed out immigrants have always had a role to play in our country. While he opposes using military to patrol our borders with Mexico for illegal immigrants [,] he is not opposed to increasing the size and training of our Border Patrol.

In regard to tax dollars and illegal immigrants [,] Sanders said, “Our school systems should not be required to educate people who are here illegally. Our hospitals should not be required to provide services, other than emergencies [emergency care?], to illegal immigrants at the expense of [consider “to”] tax payers. This charity to illegals needs to stop now before it completely drains our resources [.]”

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 07:23 PM
<delete>

DAZ
07-19-2007, 07:26 PM
<ignore>

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 07:35 PM
<delete>

DAZ
07-19-2007, 07:37 PM
<ignore>

Spirit of '76
07-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Torch, looks like I got here late, but it seems that you're in good hands.

Good work, everyone. :)

beerista
07-19-2007, 07:42 PM
It will sent as a press release for the announcement of my campaign, while also stating a few important positions.
It will most likely end up on my website too.
Is that the kind of context you were looking for?

Yup, exactly. So, this is to be treated as a finished whole, not as informational material for the journalists to cherry pick. Got it. Whole different approach. Sorry for the copy editing. Good with words; don't know much about journalism. :cool:
The original draft, while an excellent start, comes off a bit "bullet point-ish." The reworks done by the other posters certainly help with the flow and direction of the piece.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Yes, indeed.. there is a lot of talent on this forum. It is a weapon in itself.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Yup, exactly. So, this is to be treated as a finished whole, not as informational material for the journalists to cherry pick. Got it. Whole different approach. Sorry for the copy editing. Good with words; don't know much about journalism. :cool:
The original draft, while an excellent start, comes off a bit "bullet point-ish." The reworks done by the other posters certainly help with the flow and direction of the piece.

If you have something else to propose i will take a look at it, unless you think its at a good point already.

beerista
07-19-2007, 08:59 PM
If you have something else to propose i will take a look at it, unless you think its at a good point already.

Wouldn't think I could add much to the fine work done already. Happy to help where I can, but it looks like the others fleshed out your already good draft quite well. You should be off to a running start to your campaign. Good luck.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks beerista, there are still many things to do until election time. with your help, this run will be easier on me.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
bump

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 10:55 PM
bump

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 11:57 PM
bump

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 12:28 AM
bump

Spirit of '76
07-20-2007, 12:31 AM
^
Rumblestrip

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 12:36 AM
more guys that are running are listed at this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=1081

Texan4Life
07-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Larry Kilgore

no offense to who suggested him, but is this guy serious?

First the home page has a picture of a mass grave. I was about to dismiss him when I saw that and read the paragraph above it about abortion and nazis. But I'm willing to give it a little bit of a chance. So I clicked issues. And its mostly about what the punishment for a few crimes should be. and:

Eliminate all funding for Texas prisions (how is the state going to buy weapons and hire people to do all the floggings as proposed in the issues?)

"Texas should SECEDE because the US has sealed it doom"

It references the site texassecession.com, which I went to expecting something like the free state project. But It just calls for forming Texas into a "christian nation".

Want to move to the Lone Star State? Well first you have to "Provide proof that you have been a blessing to the community."

Oh and don't even think about "visiting Texas without approval" because your going to get a "minimum of five lashes, $3,000 fine & deportation. If the fine is not paid immediately, involuntary servitude will be required."

I have yet to see a single position that is even close to the "Paul platform".

Ok I'm a native Texan and proud of it. Also proud of the fact that it was briefly the Republic of Texas (Thats why the TX flag can be flown the same height as the US flag).

If this is whats best for Texas count me out.

ChairmanMao
07-20-2007, 05:52 AM
Wasnt sure either but he spoke at the KC rally so I thought if nothing else well contact him and see where he stands.

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 07:08 AM
good monring bump!

kimosabi
07-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Freedom Force International

G Edward Griffins

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP THE RON PAUL CAMPAIGN

Some will say that Ron Paul cannot be elected because he is not well known. It is true that he is not well known, but what these nay-sayers don't realize is that it is possible to MAKE him well known between now and election time, even without the mass media. Therefore, the best way to help his campaign is to focus on gaining wide recognition of his name and platform.

A growing number of Americans are disgusted with partisan politics, and they are increasingly fed up with both mainstream parties. This provides us with an opportunity to advance the theme that "the Party is over. It's time to return to sound principles and restore the Republic." This can be said in many ways, but it must be said over and over. It is a powerful concept that the average voter will embrace. For example, one slogan could be: "Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who can win for America." If asked what that means, we should explain that other candidates may win for the Republican or Democrat Party, but only Ron Paul can win for America. Another appropriate slogan could be: "Restore the 2-party system. Vote for Ron Paul." The possibilities are endless.

WE ARE THE CAMPAIGN

Ron Paul spoke to supporters in Phoenix on June 10 and laid out the plan for his campaign. The first thing to know about it is that WE are the campaign. In other words, it is up to us to take the initiative, to form local teams of volunteers, to generate materials, and to reach out to the voters. His campaign headquarters can provide assistance and guidance, but it's up to us to make it work. This is truly a grass roots effort like no other in political history. It is being organized, not from the top down, but from the bottom up. Here is Ron Paul's checklist of things to do:

1. Get on the Internet and sign up with the campaign at http://www.RonPaul2008.com. (http://www.RonPaul2008.com.)

2. Register as a Republican so you can vote for him in the primary election.

3. Sign into a local Ron Paul "meetup group" on the Internet. In the Google search field, type "Ron Paul meetup" and, when the Meetup window appears, enter your zip code. That will take you to the nearest existing group. If there is none close to you, get one started. This is important, because these are the grass roots version of local campaign headquarters.

4. Donate money to the national headquarters for TV advertising. If you sell DVDs, t-shirts, stickers, etc., use the profit to produce more promotional material and donations to the campaign.

5. Vote in Internet straw polls to make sure Ron Paul appears favorably on the charts.

6. Research how to become elected as a GOP delegate in your state. If we don't have pro-Paul delegates, he won't be nominated by the GOP, and the show is over. We must start thinking about who we're going to tap for these roles by December. The following links connect to additional information on this important step.
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?InfoNo=020018. (http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?InfoNo=020018)
How to become a delegate in your state: http://restoretherepublic.com/forum/index.php?board=99.0. (http://restoretherepublic.com/forum/index.php?board=99.0.)

7. Keep up a steady stream of letters to editors and calls to talk radio programs emphasizing that Ron Paul is the only candidate who can win for America.

8. Generate as many Ron Paul Republican voters as possible. Make sure everyone knows where to vote. Make sure they have a ride. Get them to commit early by offering them a button, bumper sticker, or yard sign. These are all available on the Internet.

9. It is not too early to begin organizing committees to monitor the election to catch and expose tampering through electronic vote machines and ballot scanners. If we cannot get our local election comissions to use paper ballots that can be hand counted, then exit polls may be our only recourse. For more information and guidance on this vital process, contact Vicky Karp who heads up The coalition for Visible Ballots. She can be reached at karp@mail.com.

10. The primaries begin in January with the early states being Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida. Naturally, we'll want to focus all the power we can muster on those states, because that will make the greatest national impact. If we do our job right, the big-name campaigns will not be any better organized than we are – perhaps not as well. They may have the money and the media, but we have the manpower.

11. Perhaps the greatest boost you can give to the Ron Paul campaign is to run for office yourself or convince a friend to do so! If Ron is elected, he will not be able to accomplish much without support from Congress and the Senate. Having many candidates running on a Ron Paul-like platform at all levels of government right down to City Hall will help Ron also, because it will demonstrate the wide support and respect he has. The Freedom Force strategy calls for freedom-loving citizens with no axe to grind except the defense of liberty to acquire influence within the power centers of society. Running for office on a platform based on The Creed of Freedom is the ultimate implementation of that strategy.

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/freedomcontent.cfm?fuseaction=Campaign

ChairmanMao
07-20-2007, 09:03 AM
To be honest I think it would be better to start on orginization for getting people elected ourlseves. Ive always been more of a fan of a decentralized model of doing things and joining up with these guys will just add a layer of difficulty I think. Asking them for help is perfectly fine but I wouldnt advocate pushing our efforts through them.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Joseph,

If you are in Newark, NJ, you have an unopposed Democrat/Socialist/Communist in Congress right now in Donald Payne (10th District). Granted, he's against the war, but on everything else, he's a big government liberal.

My father who lives in the 7th district, but less than a mile from the border of the 10th is giving some thought to entering the race there as a Republican. He's as fed up with Bush as I am.

There's really no chance at winning that seat, but it would still be nice to hear someone campaign on true Republican principles.

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 10:45 AM
bump

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 11:55 AM
political alliances are a good thing... if the majority of goals are shared.

ChairmanMao
07-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Anyone know any of the heads of the meetup groups? Id like to ask them if anyone in their group is thinking of running but I only know the KC group and the Chicago group.

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 06:54 PM
basement bump

torchbearer
07-21-2007, 12:43 AM
bump

torchbearer
07-21-2007, 10:41 AM
bump

Wyurm
07-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I've been considering running for congress in Illinois, and stumbled on this: http://www.rlc.org/
I joined :) Costs a minimum of 30 bucks, but now I'm part of RP's caucus.

Wyurm
07-21-2007, 11:05 AM
bump

Oh, and why do you keep bumping this? its stickied which means it doesn't need a bump.

RPR-omaha
07-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Torchbearer and others running are the reason this board needs to stay up even after Ron Paul wins or withdraws. If the members of this board can stick together we can accomplish the impossible. We will not forget where we came from and work for the betterment of the common man. Even if our standard bearer fails the Revolution he began will succeed.

torchbearer
07-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Oh, and why do you keep bumping this? its stickied which means it doesn't need a bump.

I didn't notice it was stickied. I've been getting to it through my post in my account. Thanks josh for the stickiness. ;)

RPR-omaha
07-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Torchbearer your adress also needs something on abortion and/or gay marriage.

torchbearer
07-21-2007, 11:14 AM
We also need donations... so when you are maxed out for ron paul.. we need your help also. My first donations came from great members on this board. my first staffers are people from this board, my first volunteers are from this board.

torchbearer
07-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Torchbearer your adress also needs something on abortion and/or gay marriage.

My website will contain those issues, the press release needs to be limited on words to insure publication, so I stick to just a handful of issues that are tops on people's minds in my area.

RPR-omaha
07-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Also how do you plan to fight the accusations that you are not a "true Republican" due to your prior involvement with the LP?

torchbearer
07-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Also how do you plan to fight the accusations that you are not a "true Republican" due to your prior involvement with the LP?

simply say, I am more republican than rodney alexander(who switch from the democratic party to the republican party on the last day of qualifying just to keep everyone out of the race in 2000). I am more conservative the alexander.. and then segway into my platorm that mirrors ron paul's.
I'll be running against a democrat who switch parties to win an election. i mentioned it in an earlier post on here i think.

Libertarians are more republican than democrats, is how the arguement boils down.

Wyurm
07-21-2007, 11:42 AM
simply say, I am more republican than rodney alexander(who switch from the democratic party to the republican party on the last day of qualifying just to keep everyone out of the race in 2000). I am more conservative the alexander.. and then segway into my platorm that mirrors ron paul's.
I'll be running against a democrat who switch parties to win an election. i mentioned it in an earlier post on here i think.

Libertarians are more republican than democrats, is how the arguement boils down.

I kinda believe that libertarians are more republican than the current main-stream Republicans. By injecting libertarian views into the Republican party, all we really are doing is converting the party back to its roots.

torchbearer
07-21-2007, 11:47 AM
I kinda believe that libertarians are more republican than the current main-stream Republicans. By injecting libertarian views into the Republican party, all we really are doing is converting the party back to its roots.

That is how i feel about it. It was disenchanted republicans that started the libertarian party during the nixon administration.

empirenine
07-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I read on a referring thread that a web-guru was needed. I'd be happy to offer my services to help how I can.

Not sure if I can donate my time to a specific candidate legally, but I can come close probably. I read that the RP campaign had to pay for their website rather than receiving it free.

torchbearer
07-21-2007, 04:58 PM
I read on a referring thread that a web-guru was needed. I'd be happy to offer my services to help how I can.

Not sure if I can donate my time to a specific candidate legally, but I can come close probably. I read that the RP campaign had to pay for their website rather than receiving it free.

You can donate your service at value... its called "in-kind" contribution, but i think you are still limited by the $2300. after that value mark, you'd have to charge and could no longer donate cash... check with the FEC site to confirm this, it may have changed.

empirenine
07-21-2007, 05:09 PM
You can donate your service at value... its called "in-kind" contribution, but i think you are still limited by the $2300. after that value mark, you'd have to charge and could no longer donate cash... check with the FEC site to confirm this, it may have changed.

Ok cool, good to know that.

I'll be on call for anyone in need.

torchbearer
07-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Looking for people to help design banners and signs for my congressional campaign. PM me if you can help!

empirenine
07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Looking for people to help design banners and signs for my congressional campaign. PM me if you can help!

Just responded to your PM.

ChairmanMao
07-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I got in contact with Kilgore. He said he was interested and to keep him informed. Ill try and contact Turbolizard next.

scrosnoe
07-26-2007, 02:15 AM
Hutchison is way worse than Cornyn but could be harder to beat also - in either case drop me an email and I'll link you up with some key people in Texas

scrosnoe
07-26-2007, 02:19 AM
i'm getting excited just thinking about it - filing deadlines are in December in most states - lets go (same offer to link you up with some keys in texas!

scrosnoe
07-26-2007, 02:31 AM
I concur!

scrosnoe
07-26-2007, 02:42 AM
would love to see a long list of candidates filing and running and endorsing RP intermingled with officials already in office who support RP - it may not be many now but we should be calling them and encouraging them to help us and welcoming them onboard and doing press releases as we get them onboard

i am working on a project in ok to have several people call elected officials in their area and ask them to help with the RP campaign / you may say this is a waste of time they won't do it, but you would be wrong, because what it does is let them know how big the base of support for RP is and they don' t want to make anyone mad, so it neutralizes their endorsement for someone else / and we will find a few that may actually get on board with us reasonably early

could anyone advise me on the status of coburn and rohrbacher as far as having been personally approached by RP or the campaign?

torchbearer
07-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm still looking for more help getting my congressional campaign off the ground, needed most are donations. if i can't meet certain benchmarks, i won't be able to create a campaign for 2008. PM me if you are interested in helping! Thxs.

ghemminger
07-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I appreceiate what you are doing Torchbearer...How can we locate RP type Candindates in California to support them....

Maybe we need to form a sub-Party to the Rebublican PArty....Then we would be very easily identiiable.....probably the Libertarian Party would be a good start - fold them into Repbulican Party..

torchbearer
07-27-2007, 03:53 PM
The same person helping me with my campaign website is looking into setting up another website that can help everyone find the ron paul in their area. just give us some time, and a lot of good things will spin off of my campaign and staff!

I'm running as a "Ron Paul Republican" that is my sub-party. ;)

ghemminger
07-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Very Cool

mdh
07-27-2007, 10:03 PM
I appreceiate what you are doing Torchbearer...How can we locate RP type Candindates in California to support them....

Maybe we need to form a sub-Party to the Rebublican PArty....Then we would be very easily identiiable.....probably the Libertarian Party would be a good start - fold them into Repbulican Party..

The Libertarian Party has no wish to be folded into the Republican Party.

torchbearer
07-30-2007, 02:39 PM
ok, my website is getting close to completion! A big thank you for the gentleman putting it together. check back with the site periodically, it's not fully ready yet, but i'm pumped to be able to help ron paul in this manner! http://www.joinsanders.com

Richie
08-04-2007, 12:44 PM
ok, my website is getting close to completion! A big thank you for the gentleman putting it together. check back with the site periodically, it's not fully ready yet, but i'm pumped to be able to help ron paul in this manner! http://www.joinsanders.com

Looking good. If I lived in your state, I'd vote for you. What party are you running under?

torchbearer
08-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Looking good. If I lived in your state, I'd vote for you. What party are you running under?

As long as Ron Paul is in the race, I will be running as a "ron paul" republican. if he drops out or switches to another party, i will run as a libertarain.

Shink
08-08-2007, 07:32 AM
The main reason I'm running is to Promote Ron Paul and his message.
I lost my job the last time I ran for congress, i take critism and hate mail for my Ron Paul message, this is not an easy thing to do (not that i want to scare others away from doing it). this is the most patriotic way I can support ron paul...

I don't want to take donations away from Ron Paul, but those people who have maxed out their donations can help Ron Paul's cause by supporting constitutionalist who are running for congress. Ron Paul will need support in congress to get things done. I think it makes sense to promote the idea of people like us to run for congress and to have list like these so people can find candidates in there area to help out in the cause for freedom. IMO.

I've got experience and a good record. I can do a lot for Ron Paul in 2008 by running for congress. In fact, it wasn't my idea, but others on the forum that convinced me this would be a prudent action to take in the coming months.

I'm glad you're running, and we need more freedom-minded individuals to do so. I have a question for everyone: can we compile a list of books (perhaps in the wiki, as well) that would help prep us to run for office? I'm not talking about 'campaigning for dummies' or anything, I'm talking stuff to back our positions, to fill ourselves with essential knowledge?

I'd like to know some of the BEST libertarian-style (Ron Paul-like, that is) books on:

Economics/Free Market Theory (preferably READABLE, not a bunch of jargon)
The effects of bad policy (not referring solely to blowback; I want to read a book on how socialism destroyed Russia)
Anything To Lock In Constitutional Knowledge
Books arguing against globalism (I know a lot about the NAU, but I'd like to be able to convince the average person easily that globalism in its current form is terrible)
Well-laid out anti-fiat currency/Federal Reserve books
History of the Military-Industrial Complex
Any other relevant history

Did I miss any crucial categories to be well-studied on?

torchbearer
08-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Those are good books... I also recommend reading all works written by Ron Paul. ;)

Syren123
08-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Theodore Terbolizard

Not to dis but...Terbolizard? Seriously?

Syren123
08-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Economics/Free Market Theory (preferably READABLE, not a bunch of jargon)
The effects of bad policy (not referring solely to blowback; I want to read a book on how socialism destroyed Russia)
Anything To Lock In Constitutional Knowledge
Books arguing against globalism (I know a lot about the NAU, but I'd like to be able to convince the average person easily that globalism in its current form is terrible)
Well-laid out anti-fiat currency/Federal Reserve books
History of the Military-Industrial Complex
Any other relevant history

Did I miss any crucial categories to be well-studied on?

The Creature from Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin. Absolutely required reading.

SwordOfShannarah
08-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Got a question about the RLC that one person here was pushing. I went to the site and looked at the endorsed candidates and saw "Michael Steele". Wasn't he the guy that after the first republican debate said about Ron Paul, "For me, it's finished. No way on Ron Paul."?

http://www.steeleformaryland.com/

Michael Steele seems to be a neo-con. So what's the deal with http://www.rlc.org/ ? Friend of foe?

or maybe I've got something wrong here..

DAZ
08-15-2007, 11:35 AM
I've looked briefly into the RLC but not much farther simply because their website is totally out of date. The endorsed Candidates are all from 06 or earlier. I believe Wyurm is a member, but I don't think the RLC is all that active. Still I may join in the future if it looks like it would accomplish anything.

mdh
08-15-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't see RLC as being relevant in today's Republican party, unless they hop on the Ron Paul wagon full-force. The fact that they haven't endorsed Dr. Paul yet is a sure sign of lack of relevance/sanity.

bigsauce
08-15-2007, 12:44 PM
My name is Dean Santoro, a "Ron Paul" Republican running for US House of Representatives in District 21 Florida.

Dean Santoro
Seeking: 21st Congressional Disrtict in Florida
Running against Lincoln Diaz-Balart-R (neocon)

My website has all of my contact information about donating, volunteering, or filling volunteer positions.

bigsauce
08-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Ok, I started this thread so we can post about "Ron Paul" like candidates. When you post about them, be sure to put their full name, website, location, office they are running for... etc.

This way people can find candidates in their area that are spreading the message...

I'll start with myself:

Brent Sanders
website: http://www.joinsanders.com (website is not yet published give us a week)

PM me for more information about donating, volunteering, or filling staff positions.
Great Idea!!!

Dean Santoro
Seeking: 21st Congressional Disrtict in Florida
Running against Lincoln Diaz-Balart-R (neocon)

jmarinara
08-15-2007, 07:13 PM
I'll add myself

Jason Marianna - Republican
Seeking: Wisconsin Assembly, District 23
Running against: Jim Ott, Republican (moderate)
website: nothing yet, I haven't formally announced. I'm planning to go public in my district as soon as Jim Ott votes for the massive tax increases being imposed (it's inevitable). You can e-mail me at jason@yaygod.org if you want to help. I'll post my introduction and website when we get that going, probably next month.

Good luck to all of you!!! I'l be praying that the Ron Paul revolution extends beyond the white house. :)

Richie
08-16-2007, 11:43 AM
This guy seems decent.

http://www.joearminioforcongress.org/

guntherg16
08-27-2007, 03:12 PM
This guy seems to be a "Ron Paul Republican".

Name: John Wallace

Seeking: 20th Congressional District of NY

http://www.johnwallaceforcongress.com/

Spirit of '76
09-04-2007, 05:03 PM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=162715#post162715

torchbearer
09-08-2007, 04:21 PM
If my campaign doesn't reach its financial goals by the end of the year... instead of running for congress, i will donate my warchest to ron paul.

rickypryor111
09-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Watch this America, and open your hearts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a58U9xVzGUU

Peace!

torchbearer
11-10-2007, 09:02 AM
We are trying to start a site to help people find the "Ron Pauls" in there own states.
Remember Trevor Lyman of ThisNovember5th?? Well, he is also behind this site, and was the original webmaster of my campaign site. He got the ball rolling... and he is truly making mountains move.
please check out: http://ronpaulsacrossamerica.com/

If you know of a "Ron Paul"-like candidate running in your area, please go to the above website and let Trevor know.

usmc4paul
11-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I am organizing a run in Georgia for one of the U.S. House seats currently held by a pretty big Neo-Con. He voted for NAFTA (all the trade deals actually), NCLB, All the war funding. I will run as Libertarian.

I am also in the process of setting up a PAC for candidates who will support the liberty message of Ron Paul in the house and senate.

if you are interested in helping either cause or in the case of the PAC have already done some footwork. I need all the help I can get (info, suggestions, etc.)

thanks

email libertymessage@yahoo.com

p.s. yes I am new here, but I've been on dailypaul for some time, reading here only.

usmc4paul
11-24-2007, 09:12 PM
From a discussion over at dailypaul.com, I took an idea and created a PAC for candidates who are running for Congress, and support the ideals of Dr. Paul.

www.libertymessage.org

Please visit, email me comments, suggestions, names of candidates, join the email list to receive news, donate.

It is a little bare bones at the moment, but it is a work in progress.

thanks.

torchbearer
11-24-2007, 09:22 PM
From a discussion over at dailypaul.com, I took an idea and created a PAC for candidates who are running for Congress, and support the ideals of Dr. Paul.

www.libertymessage.org

Please visit, email me comments, suggestions, names of candidates, join the email list to receive news, donate.

It is a little bare bones at the moment, but it is a work in progress.

thanks.

Please check out my website! http://www.joinsanders.com Any help would be appreciated, if you have any questions PM me.

usmc4paul
11-25-2007, 07:40 AM
I will also add you to my candidates list.

Thanks!

Let me add to everyone else. If you do nothing else with my site, please sign in to the newsletter (bottom of first page). I can bulkmail out different needs of the candidates. I also think it would be great if everyone gave $5-10 to each of these (if you don't want to give to the PAC's general fund).

Yes we have given a lot to Dr. Paul, but he will need support in Congress when he is elected.

thanks.

jperkins
12-02-2007, 01:10 PM
I just started a thread like this too, but failed to see you started it before me.

If no one better comes, I will announce my running for District 8 Arizona, House of Representatives.

I am a Jeffersonian Libertarian but I will run Repulican.

I adhere strictly to the Constitution and am 100% Free Market (except in a few cases for safety, although that is debatable and probably a state issue, still considering)

I am currently active duty military for almost 9 years now, US Army Military Intelligence.

I have never run for any office, but I know how to read and adhere to the constitution and can hold good debates.

I will announce my name with my running after my house is in order and I find out all of the requirements for running in this state and meet them.

RPFTW!
12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
This is awesome!!! Best idea imho

jperkins
12-03-2007, 08:08 PM
As it turns out, the Hatch Act of 1939 and its revisions do not allow me to run. I will support and volunteer time for anyone running with Dr. Paul's ideals in the District 8 AZ House of Representatives area.

usmc4paul
12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
I think I mentioned before on this string, that I have decided to run for a congressional seat as well.

votejasonthompson.us

I am in Georgia's 7th District. Feel free to look at the site, read the issues, and email me at

jason.thompson99@yahoo.com if you have any imput or adice.

thanks.

MS0453
12-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I think I mentioned before on this string, that I have decided to run for a congressional seat as well.

votejasonthompson.us

I am in Georgia's 7th District. Feel free to look at the site, read the issues, and email me at

jason.thompson99@yahoo.com if you have any imput or adice.

thanks.

If you don't mind talking about it, what's the race look like? Opponents, year of election (08 I'm guessing?),..stuff like that.

tsetsefly
12-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Larry Kilgore

is that really youre site? comparing nazi execution of living people to abortion of a fetus not even developed(because that is when most abortions happen), come on man, wtf...

mosquitobite
12-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Indiana district 9 (the district of Hill (D) vs Sodrel (R)) (used to be Lee Hamilton's district)
Dr Eric Schansberg
www.schansbergforcongress.com
He is a libertarian
He is an economics professor at Indiana University Southeast

I do think we have a pretty good shot here if we can awake the apathetic. Hill & Sodrel take the district back and forth from each other and nothing changes. I think the voters would welcome a change if the rEVOLution catches on nationally :D

cindy25
12-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Joe Biden was only 29 when elected to the Senate; he became 30 after the election.

alexa doherty
12-10-2007, 02:37 AM
Thank you for this list. How Cool!

DarkLaw
12-10-2007, 02:48 AM

I'll start with myself:

Brent Sanders

I'm in New Orleans and FULLY SUPPORT TorchBearer!

People, you REALLY CAN become a Senator or Congressman.
They ARE us. They are supposed to be 'the People'.
They, too, were just normal people before they were elected (at least some).

Get out there, support these candidates or run for office YOURSELF!

usmc4paul
12-10-2007, 01:00 PM
If you don't mind talking about it, what's the race look like? Opponents, year of election (08 I'm guessing?),..stuff like that.

I am running against John Linder. He has about $600,000 on hand. However, he consistantly votes for the "trade agreements" (NAFTA, CAFTA, WTO), for the "acts" which limit our innate rights, and for war in Iraq.

Yes its for '08. I hope that folks will come an visit, donate, and volunteer. I hope that for all of these candidates. If everyone of Dr. Paul's supports donated $5-10 to each candidate (about 6 or 7) it would be a huge boost.

thanks

robatsu
12-13-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm running in Maryland District 8. There are 5 Republicans in the primary, all no-names like me who've never held office. Only one has run for office (state delegate) and lost. We're all on low-buck campaigns.

That's probably because whoever wins faces running against a Democratic insider in one of the more liberal districts in the country - in Montgomery County MD, there isn't a single elected Republican.

I'm hoping with 5 unknowns, I get the Paul voters & freedom minded voters (none of the other candidates are) and they split the rest and that will give me the primary and then, I'll be thinking now what, since the incumbent already has 1.2m in cash and Repubs have only captured 20% of the Congressional vote in recent elections.

But we're pushing the message and we have 6 Paul candidates running for seats in MD and a complete delegate slate.

FreeAmerica
12-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Somebody who is a web designer and can donate your efforts please call this guy. It looks like his website was done by a web designer from the 80's.

301 916-5722
just-money@comcast.net
www.peterjames08.com

skeet
12-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I ran for City Council on an issues platform (I) in 05. Ran for State Senate in 07 (R) dropped out. I plan on running for City Council again in 09 (R) Should do well.

dsantoro
12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
http://declarefreedom08.com

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 10:07 PM
bump

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Larry Kilgore

His page on the issues is nothing but a bunch of bible quotes. At the bottom of his homepage is a Holocaust photo of bodies in a ditch. There has to be someone better to run against the two morons we already have for senators. We don't need to replace one of them with another moron.

torchbearer
02-10-2008, 02:37 PM
//

tcindie
02-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Somebody who is a web designer and can donate your efforts please call this guy. It looks like his website was done by a web designer from the 80's.

301 916-5722
just-money@comcast.net
www.peterjames08.com

hehe.. too bad there was no such thing as a web designer in the 80s. :) I agree though, it's not the best looking site ever.

boggie08
02-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Murray Sabrin is a great candidate. He has been endorsed by Ron Paul. He is apparently well-known in New Jersey. He is very intelligent and could win any debate.

Donate to the Murray Sabrin moneybomb on February 29th. Please spread this message. He needs help if this is going to work

scholaroffreedom.com

gregl26
02-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Greg Lewis
Florida's 8th congressional district
Running against Ric Keller (neo-con who made a promise not to run this time)
GregLewisForCongress.com