PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson

Jason T
01-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Listen to ~3:50 on the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHsFjEBFDlM

Fred Thompson couldn't have made himself look more like a dumbass. What I basically got out of Fred's talk it was "I can't understand complex concepts."

While he, and the other candidates that were laughing, attacked Ron's character by trying to lower his social dominance, I think the more rational people in New Hampshire will think along the lines we think -- "Why are they trying to make him look like the idiot when they're the idiots?"

Last comment on Thompson... Bush would like Fred to win so Bush doesn't end up having the lowest presidential IQ ever (which he does according to Alan Greenspan.) Honestly, it's freaking hilarious how someone who makes Bush looks smart is considered for president... Ok, dumber and less articulate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBJ8mWHZOM

pacelli
01-07-2008, 01:37 PM
One of Fred's more memorable 45 IQ moments was when he was asked what his greatest possession was-- he answered, "My trophy wife".

Move over Fred, NOW should be knocking you over soon enough.

angelatc
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
I've peeked into some other conservative forums, and it seems that the snickering did not sit well with anybody except with people who do not like Paul anyway.

What really surprised me was how badly Fred fared. I am sarcastic by nature, and I find Fred amusing when he isn't attacking Paul. But apparently my taste is eclectic.

integrity
01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Ron Paul is like Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer- all of the other candidates laugh and call him names, but in the end he is the only one who can "guide our sleigh" in this fog of lies and fake wars by globalists.

Veritas1
01-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm from TN and have known of Fred for decades. Maybe I'm just used to him by now. But I was fortunate enough to view him through new eyes at the ABC debate. We had company, and one of the guests remarked, "Fred reminds me of the dumb guy in school - you know, the one who just stretches out with his legs in the aisle and sits there drawing cartoons - only paying attention long enough to mock others, but never actually contributing anything himself."

I was like DAMN! You really nailed it!

SimpleName
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Ron Paul is like Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer- all of the other candidates laugh and call him names, but in the end he is the only one who can "guide our sleigh" in this fog of lies and fake wars by globalists.

I'm buying the rights to that analogy. Perfect! Fred Thompson, despite looking like a 130 year old decrepit cadaver, acts like a 3 year old child. I can't stand his attitude toward the issues and certainly have no consideration for the foolish antics he tried to pull with Dr. Paul.

gang
01-07-2008, 07:17 PM
But I have to admit that I like him better than Rudy McRomney.

mokkan88
01-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Fred Thompson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U4QrbauAYY

ConstitutionGal
01-08-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm from TN and have known of Fred for decades. Maybe I'm just used to him by now. But I was fortunate enough to view him through new eyes at the ABC debate. We had company, and one of the guests remarked, "Fred reminds me of the dumb guy in school - you know, the one who just stretches out with his legs in the aisle and sits there drawing cartoons - only paying attention long enough to mock others, but never actually contributing anything himself."

I was like DAMN! You really nailed it!

Welcome to these forums from another Tennessee resident!! I've known Thompson for many years too and used to actually like the guy!! Of course, that was before some of his more globalist votes while in the senate.

I thought Fred's defining moment of the ABC debate was when he remarked "let me put this in words that I can understand"... I just about fell out of my chair laughing. Seems that Nixon really was right about him...."nice guy but dumb as hell."

loveshiscountry
01-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Similar to the people who make fun of songs by singing them in a funny voice. Thompson has no substance. The Paris Hilton of the candidates.

TSOL
01-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Thompson brings absolutely nothing to the table and the barbs between McCain and Romney leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. They look like clowns when their up there.