PDA

View Full Version : How can we get the Hunter and Thompson delegates from Wyoming

RonRules
01-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Duncan Hunter got one delegate from Wyoming and Thompson got three.

It's pretty clear that Thompson will be out after NH.

How can we get these four delegates to switch to the Ron Paul camp? It's just 4 delegates you may say, but these guys are very precious. Convincing these 4 people to make the switch would be an extremely efficient way to win more delegates. You'd have to knock on a lot of doors to get those kinds of pure votes at the convention. Same for some of the Iowa delegates.

I'd like to see a personal call to these people from Ron Paul himself to impress them in our favor.

Any ideas?

walt
01-07-2008, 11:42 AM
focus on what you can control, winning the other states. that is how you get those delegates

itsnobody
01-07-2008, 11:44 AM
forget Wyoming it's onto NH

RonRules
01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't think you guys understand my post.

I know Wyoming is over and done. However, these four delegates are for (essentially or soon to be) non existent candidates. These delegates will HAVE to vote for someone at the republican convention.

Can anybody recommend a strategy to convince these most important voters well before the convention.

You'd have to knock on at least 40,000 doors to get 4 delegates.

Brad Zink
01-07-2008, 12:07 PM
RonRules is right. The most likely way that we will prevail is by creating a coalition and convincing other candidates' delegates to join us...

Scott Wilson
01-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Thompson will not be out after NH.

Paul10
01-07-2008, 12:11 PM

JAlli41
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Hunter S. Thompson?

Cleaner44
01-07-2008, 12:19 PM
We need someone in WY to contact them and covert them. Start with the WY meetup if there is one.

Brad Zink
01-07-2008, 12:25 PM
One way to convince them is electability. Dr. Paul would defeat Hillary easily, and he could probably win against Obama. My prediction is that it will come down to the convention, with a three way split among Huckabee-Romney-Paul and then the other candidates' delegates.

After the first vote of the convention, the delegates are released and they can vote for anyone. Many will stay away from Huckabee. He's a taxer and an anathema to businesspeople. That means we have to prevent the delegates from ultimately going to Romney.

So in addition to electability, we have to look at the weak points of Romney. He's been a notorious filp-flopper: Romney has changed his positions on many social issues.

RonRules
01-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I think we need to work on this now. These guys have already rejected Huckabee, Romney, McCain. It should not be that hard.

As Cleaner44 suggested, I will write to a Wyoming meetup. Please do everything you can and coordinate with the campaign through the meetup groups. These guys must be depressed right now. Lets's put them to work on this.

Remember these are the people that ACTUALLY do the voting at the convention.

My math was 4X off in the post above. There will be 2488 delegates at the convention. That's about 40,192 VOTERS PER DELEGATE. These guys are precious gems !!!

Adam Smith
01-07-2008, 12:45 PM
I think you should

1)get their names
2)send them the Aravoth Videos and a Ron Paul DVDs
3)Follow up with them via phone
4) Take them to dinner??? - only half joking

You CAN win them over.