View Full Version : A message from Trevor Lyman

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 11:25 AM
This November 5th
RonPaulFriday.com - Be the message!

Posted: 07 Jan 2008 10:45 AM CST

http://www.RonPaulFriday.com
Be the message!
It’s great to wear a Ron Paul T-shirt to help spread the word. What would happen if tens or even hundreds of thousands of Ron Paul supporters wore their shirts on the same day?

Once a week, every friday, we’ll join together and wear our shirts, hats and buttons on the same day. Fight the polls, show our strength and spread the word more effectively than ever before by acting together and becoming the message.

(btw- if you were having troubles getting to http://www.FreeAtLast2008.com last night the issues have been fixed)

Over 4,000 sign ups in 2 days - RonPaulMarch.com

Posted: 06 Jan 2008 12:06 PM CST

Great news- signs ups for the mass donation day at FreeAtLast2008.com are coming in rapidly.. we’ve had over 4,000 in just two days!

Because it’s so important to fight the polls and show our numbers I’ve partnered up with Greg over at RonPaulMarch.com. He’s provided a great system to sign up for marches in your town or city AND it’s co-ordinated with the MeetUp system.

Click the banner below and sign up to pledge your participation in our nation wide march event.

As we all know the media didn’t pay as much attention to our fund raising record of “6 million in one day” as we would have liked. It’s time for a change in strategy. Hundreds of thousands of donors in one day will stun the political status quo, boost moral and continue to draw attention to our message. The pledge is only $10 (or more) so we can all participate while raising large amounts of money. It’s a win, win for us all.

We can add yet another win by compounding our impact with a co-ordinated march. MLK day is a national holiday so we all have the day off and can participate. It’s also symbolic, Martin Luther King brought about change in Washington through marches and protests, and so will we. It’s a proven strategy and we should do what works and take back our country. We only have one chance. Now is the time.

Please pledge to participate in the mass donation day and the march and please ask everyone you know to do the same.

itshappening
01-07-2008, 11:29 AM
i like the march idea !!

kushaze
01-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I respect Trevor Lyman, but I don't understand why he gets to use his email list to pick freeatlast2008 as the moneybomb day. It seems it should have been discussed amongst everyone in the forums before they picked an official day. I think this communication error is whats causing the moneybomb days to be unsuccessful so far.

RP4U&ME
01-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh, I don't know about the march idea. It could be interpreted the wrong way, like we're diverting attention AWAY from MLK. It should be his day, I think having Ron Paul marches(if they're massive) could invite derision. We have to be really sensitive to potential racial misunderstandings, more so than other campaigns.
But I think it's a great choice of days for a money bomb (better than Franklin), that's more reverential.

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 11:41 AM
We can't operate out of fear. Afraid of offending some group, etc. And Trevor Lyman single handedly raised 4.38 million dollars for Ron Paul. I don't have a problem with him leading with other ideas he may have.

The media is against us. We have to make ourselves known to those who rely upon the media. Time is running out!

damijin
01-07-2008, 11:45 AM
We can't operate out of fear. Afraid of offending some group, etc. And Trevor Lyman single handedly raised 4.38 million dollars for Ron Paul. I don't have a problem with him leading with other ideas he may have.

The media is against us. We have to make ourselves known to those who rely upon the media. Time is running out!

I completely support Trevor and I've participated in the two major money bombs -- but lets be careful with that word 'single-handedly'

That was an excuse the media used when they couldn't fathom what our grassroots can do as a spontaneous network. Even Trevor would never say he did anything single handedly :)

brandon
01-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Trevor Lyman single handedly raised 4.38 million dollars for Ron Paul.

Yea, it didn't have anything to do with the 40,000 people who donated money, or the thousands of people who made the idea viral. All trevor Lyman.

szczebrzeszyn
01-07-2008, 11:47 AM
And Trevor Lyman single handedly raised 4.38 million dollars for Ron Paul.
Are you crazy? He didn't raise anything. PEOPLE DID! :mad:

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Are you crazy? He didn't raise anything. PEOPLE DID! :mad:

And I'm sure Trevor agrees ...no reason to be angry

RP4U&ME
01-07-2008, 12:00 PM
All I'm saying is that the African American community might take offense to holding competing marches on MLK's day. If you're really committed to doing it you need to be sensitive about it.
You would need as many MLK signs as Paul signs. And even then pundits could spin it as trying to piggyback off of Dr. King's legacy. If Al Sharpton latches on to that, watch out. If he starts yapping he might say that Dr. King would not have endorsed Dr. Paul and you'll never get him to shut up.

A better idea would be to march in your community's MLK parade, which is already organized, and wear a Paul button, have some fliers, tell fellow marchers about him.

slantedview
01-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I respect Trevor Lyman, but I don't understand why he gets to use his email list to pick freeatlast2008 as the moneybomb day. It seems it should have been discussed amongst everyone in the forums before they picked an official day. I think this communication error is whats causing the moneybomb days to be unsuccessful so far.

who cares who picks what the next day is. the point is that someone does it and we all join in. who other than trevor would you have choose a day?

Indy Vidual
01-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Why doesn't he post it here himself?

slantedview
01-07-2008, 12:02 PM
All I'm saying is that the African American community might take offense to holding competing marches on MLK's day. If you're really committed to doing it you need to be sensitive about it.
You would need as many MLK signs as Paul signs. And even then pundits could spin it as trying to piggyback off of Dr. King's legacy. If Al Sharpton latches on to that, watch out. If he starts yapping he might say that Dr. King would not have endorsed Dr. Paul and you'll never get him to shut up.

A better idea would be to march in your community's MLK parade, which is already organized, and wear a Paul button, have some fliers, tell fellow marchers about him.

You are wrong. MLKJ stood for protecting individual liberties and freedoms. Our of respect for him, we will show our support for the candidate that most closely embodies and defends the views of MLKJ.

What could possibly be wrong with that?

kushaze
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
who cares who picks what the next day is. the point is that someone does it and we all join in. who other than trevor would you have choose a day?

Obviously because the theme didn't unite us, but rather divided us. You make it sound like Trevor Lyman is a genius or something. He should have consulted the forums before choosing.

nc4rp
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
I support Trevor and will wholeheartedly paticipate. no one "consulted" with anyone about his first money bomb..... no need here either. he is proven competent and trustworthy.

slantedview
01-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Obviously because the theme didn't unite us, but rather divided us. You make it sound like Trevor Lyman is a genius or something. He should have consulted the forums before choosing.
i'm not sure where in my brief statement you got the idea that i think trevor is a genius. let me repeat what i said:

"who cares who picks what the next day is. the point is that someone does it and we all join in. who other than trevor would you have choose a day?"

seriously, who? i don't care who it is, but it has to be someone choosing it - so it may as well be him.

szczebrzeszyn
01-07-2008, 12:06 PM
And I'm sure Trevor agrees ...no reason to be angry

Well, I'm really sick and tired of people repeating this BS. I hear it all the time in these forums. I don't understand how could anyone be so disrespectful to all the donors that day and all the people who actually made this all thing successful. Trevor did a freaking amateur website, that's it! The rest was done by the grassroots (sorry!). Some people should really get over it.

FreeTraveler
01-07-2008, 12:08 PM

+1

Also, I don't think they've gotten approval from the King Foundation, and people have been sued before for connecting causes to MLK that the Foundation didn't approve of. I won't be donating to this one.

kushaze
01-07-2008, 12:08 PM
i'm not sure where in my brief statement you got the idea that i think trevor is a genius. let me repeat what i said:

"who cares who picks what the next day is. the point is that someone does it and we all join in. who other than trevor would you have choose a day?"

seriously, who? i don't care who it is, but it has to be someone choosing it - so it may as well be him.

I am not supporting that day and it has nothing to do with the theme. I am not supporting it because it hasn't united us. We can't just have someone pick a day and go with it, the mass majority of us have to be in agreement. Not all of us just fall in line.

RP4U&ME
01-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Marching in the same parade would be more of a show of solidarity.
I'm not an expert on race relations, but you never know. It would not surprise me if alternative marches were seen as trying to take away attention that should be focused on Dr. King.
People already try to paint Dr. Paul as a racist, we just need to be extra careful about these things.

Mortikhi
01-07-2008, 12:12 PM

wow, single handedly. lol

yongrel
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
wow, single handedly. lol

My thoughts exactly.

slantedview
01-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Well, I'm really sick and tired of people repeating this BS. I hear it all the time in these forums. I don't understand how could anyone be so disrespectful to all the donors that day and all the people who actually made this all thing successful.
wtf are you talking about? NOBODY was disrespectful. don't assume things. it's true that some people will say he "single handedly" raised money, but trevor himself has never said that. he always says it was the group, not him.

quit whining, the goal is to RAISE FREAKIN MONEY!

get on board or get out of the way.

Gtex
01-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I personally don't care what money bomb Dollar Bill Lyman wants to promote. If he can single handedly raise that kind of cash, damn, what does he need us for?
But to have a march on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s day seems to be highly offensive. I can't support that.

slantedview
01-07-2008, 12:16 PM
I personally don't care what money bomb Dollar Bill Lyman wants to promote. If he can single handedly raise that kind of cash, damn, what does he need us for?
But to have a march on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s day seems to be highly offensive. I can't support that.
HE NEVER SAID SINGLE HANDEDLY SOMEONE ELSE DID!

RP4U&ME
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah, ostensibly you would pick MLK Day to march because you believe in his message.
If that's true, then you should march in the MLK parade.

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Okay, enough with the word parsing - you know what I meant by "single handedly". If you don't want to march then don't march! If you don't want to give Trevor credit for anything then don't.

Jimmy
01-07-2008, 12:19 PM
His arse needs to singlehandedy get us some more votes in NH...thats what its all about right now if you ask me.

Brother Butch
01-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Just do it. No time for bickering. Get behind it.

slantedview
01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Just do it. No time for bickering. Get behind it.

seriously, you guys need to all stop putting words in trevor's mouth. he has ALWAYS acknowledged that the group raised the money, not him. he's just a guy who wants to raise money and sets up money bombs.

if you want to raise money, get on board. if you don't want to raise money or you want to nitpick over the date he picked, GTF out of the way. (interestingly, i'm not even sure he picked the date... it may have been vijay? i don't really know.)

walt
Trevor Lyman, how many local voters has he turned out?

Zero?

szczebrzeszyn
wtf are you talking about? NOBODY was disrespectful. don't assume things. it's true that some people will say he "single handedly" raised money, but trevor himself has never said that. he always says it was the group, not him.
The people who spread these lies are disrespectful (or maybe just dumb?).

LibertyEagle
01-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Ron Paul's Campaign: So Poorly Understood By All

http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-122307A.html

John P Slevin
01-07-2008, 12:22 PM
The people who spread these lies are disrespectful (or maybe just dumb?).

nevertheless, since this thread seems to have morphed into who gets credit for what, we always should give these critics credit for being dumb.:)

LFOD
01-07-2008, 12:23 PM

"single handedly" what nonsense. He was just the first to make a website we all rallied around.

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Okay, enough with the word parsing - you know what I meant by "single handedly". If you don't want to march then don't march! If you don't want to give Trevor credit for anything then don't.

They seem to be quite cleverly spinning what you said in such a way to give the appearance that Trevor said it himself.

Man, seems if ya initiate two record breaking moneybombs you’re gonna get a lot a hate on ya from whomever.

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Trevor Lyman, how many local voters has he turned out?

Zero?

OMG!!! The man organized the biggest fund raiser ever and now you're going to slam him on voter turn out! WTF have YOU done for RP that even remotely resembles what Trevor has done?

Some of you people are so petty -

slantedview
01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
They seem to be quite cleverly spinning what you said in such a way to give the appearance that Trevor said it himself.

Man, seems if ya initiate two record breaking moneybombs you’re gonna get a lot a hate on ya from whomever.
the guy gets an incredible amount of hate, and it's ridiculous.

Question_Authority
01-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I am happy Trevor is using that database to get another effort going. Who else has access to a database of thousands of ron paul donors? We have to capitalize on that and parlay it into the next event.

It's just basic marketing. Why start from scratch? Who cares if he consulted with us? Anyone can start any event at any time. It's a free country! Jesus!

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 12:28 PM
the guy gets an incredible amount of hate, and it's ridiculous.

Well i can say one thing for certain, he aint gettin all the hate from true Paul supporters

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Again I say, you are parsing words and getting butt hurt over it!!! Every single one of you knows EXACTLY WHAT THE HELL I MEANT! You seem to be looking for reasons to back-bite. How sick is that?

kushaze
01-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I am happy Trevor is using that database to get another effort going. Who else has access to a database of thousands of ron paul donors? We have to capitalize on that and parlay it into the next event.

It's just basic marketing. Why start from scratch? Who cares if he consulted with us? Anyone can start any event at any time. It's a free country! Jesus!

Exactly, but not all of us have to get in line. Many of us feel the date is controversial, taking away from the true meaning of MLK day, MLK's family might sue, and too late to raise money. There aren't even any good youtubes up for this day. The supporters of MLK day have done a bad job of supporting it.

smartguy911
01-07-2008, 12:31 PM
can somebody get a hold of trevor and ask why he thinks 21st is better. Also, why so late? don't we need 23 million by Jan 25rd?? What if we are only able to raise $6-$7 again on Jan 21? where do we get rest of $11-$14 million by Jan 25th??

szczebrzeszyn
01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
OMG!!! The man organized the biggest fund raiser ever
LOL, where have you been for the last 2 months? Certainly not in this matrix.

TwiLeXia
01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I support Mr. Lyman's decision - he knows how to promote and establish money bombs and events.

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
LOL, where have you been for the last 2 months? Certainly not in this matrix.

Enlighten me!

aravoth
01-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Enlighten me!

Nov 5th wasn't His idea. The website was, which was promoted by everyone and thier mother on the internet. He'd tell you the same thing if you asked him.

szczebrzeszyn
01-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Enlighten me!

I've already did. Trevor made the website, grassroots made the rest (while the whole idea came from some individuals - don't remember the names now). You need to find your hero somewhere else, sorry.

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I've already did. Trevor made the website, grassroots made the rest (while the whole idea came from some individuals - don't remember the names now). You need to find your hero somewhere else, sorry.

Typical petty BS. Refusing to give the man any credit. Whatever. Don't march. Don't participate in anything he organizes. And by all means - MAKE DAMNED SURE YOU DISMISS ANY GOOD HE DOES FOR RON PAUL!!

ROFL!!!

LFOD
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Again I say, you are parsing words and getting butt hurt over it!!! Every single one of you knows EXACTLY WHAT THE HELL I MEANT! You seem to be looking for reasons to back-bite. How sick is that?

We aren't mind readers. We only know what you say, which is the same thing that many clueless media outlets said, suggesting in one way or the other that Mr. Lyman was this soooper geeeenius who was responsible for Nov. 5.

Well, a lot of us have a problem with that spin, because it completely misses the story of how our grassroots works. I'm not blaming Trevor for that spin, but it's just annoying to hear it repeated here.

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Nov 5th wasn't His idea. The website was, which was promoted by everyone and thier mother on the internet. He'd tell you the same thing if you asked him.

So we shouldn't give him any credit for this??? What difference does it make to any of you anyway if I want to give him credit for it? Even Ron Paul credits him. I've seen him do so multiple times on TV!!! Have those of you with your snide remarks corrected Ron Paul's apparent mistake??!!??

WTF is everybody's issue with this???? This is nuts!! I thought Paul's people were the cream of the crop. This is sooooo petty. Unbelievable.

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 12:52 PM
We aren't mind readers. We only know what you say, which is the same thing that many clueless media outlets said, suggesting in one way or the other that Mr. Lyman was this soooper geeeenius who was responsible for Nov. 5.

Well, a lot of us have a problem with that spin, because it completely misses the story of how our grassroots works. I'm not blaming Trevor for that spin, but it's just annoying to hear it repeated here.

Take it up with Dr. Paul as well then!!! Because he has credited him too!

Truth Warrior
01-07-2008, 01:02 PM
FWIW .......
Jan 17th is also Benjamin Franklin's ( a founding father ) birthday. You know the face on the $100 bill ( hint, hint ). Maybe we could march for Ben. :)

aravoth
01-07-2008, 01:03 PM
So we shouldn't give him any credit for this??? What difference does it make to any of you anyway if I want to give him credit for it? Even Ron Paul credits him. I've seen him do so multiple times on TV!!! Have those of you with your snide remarks corrected Ron Paul's apparent mistake??!!??

WTF is everybody's issue with this???? This is nuts!! I thought Paul's people were the cream of the crop. This is sooooo petty. Unbelievable.

Nothing is petty about what I said. I couldn't care less about money bombs. I didn't come up with any of them, and I didn't promote any of them either. A lot of people did a lot of work to promote both money bombs, Saying things like, "he single handedly raised 4.2 million", is flat out stupid. It was made possible by all the Youtube videos, the people that called radio stations and promoted it. Especially on Coast to Coast AM, Alex Jones doing an Hour long segment on it. No one man can take credit for any of that.

Trevor Lyman is a good guy, and has great ideas, No one here is short changing what he does. I think you may just be over looking alot of the hard work that others did on those projects, and the reason you might be getting static for what your saying is because most of them came out of this forum. Just my opinion.

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 01:09 PM
We aren't mind readers. We only know what you say, .......

Please speak for yourself. "We" are all individuals here

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Nothing is petty about what I said. I couldn't care less about money bombs. I didn't come up with any of them, and I didn't promote any of them either. A lot of people did a lot of work to promote both money bombs, Saying things like, "he single handedly raised 4.2 million", is flat out stupid. It was made possible by all the Youtube videos, the people that called radio stations and promoted it. Especially on Coast to Coast AM, Alex Jones doing an Hour long segment on it. No one man can take credit for any of that.

Trevor Lyman is a good guy, and has great ideas, No one here is short changing what he does. I think you may just be over looking alot of the hard work that others did on those projects, and the reason you might be getting static for what your saying is because most of them came out of this forum. Just my opinion.

No response to my point about Dr. Paul giving him credit??? Was Dr. Paul "flat out stupid" for NAMING HIM ON NATIONAL TV AS THE ONE WHO ORGANIZED THIS???? Did the same people who came after lil ol me for using the wrong phrase go after Dr. Paul for giving him the credit? I think not.

You people need to get over yourselves. LOL!

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 01:12 PM
anyway back to the purpose of this thread....

aravoth
01-07-2008, 01:16 PM
No response to my point about Dr. Paul giving him credit??? Was Dr. Paul "flat out stupid" for NAMING HIM ON NATIONAL TV AS THE ONE WHO ORGANIZED THIS???? Did the same people who came after lil ol me for using the wrong phrase go after Dr. Paul for giving him the credit? I think not.

OK, you can take me out of your egotistical banter. Because I don't give a shit. Ron Paul was asked by the media if he had thanked him for it. And he responded. No Dr. Paul is not stupid, but your posts are.

Call Trevor Lyman, ask him if it was his idea. He said it wasn't on national TV. Get over it, jesus.

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 01:23 PM
anyway back to the purpose of this thread....

Thank you.

Anyway, I disagree with those who think MLK is not a good day to march. I think it shows unity and I partly agree with the person who wrote that we should join MLK marchers, but instead, I think we should organize our own marches and then make sure to show tribute to MLK. Aligning with his message of peaceful protest, etc. will have an impact.

No matter what we do, the media is going to spin it so badly that we're all going to need a heavy dose of dramamine. We can't let that interfere with the directive. If the founders had operated out of "what if...what if..." we'd all be speaking with English accents. We must not operate out of fear.

If we are peaceful, and show class and respect for the day, our message will prevail. MLK's family doesn't own the day. Blacks don't own that day. By marching on that day, it might help dispel the ridiculous rumors about racism.

I like the idea (obviously). I hope we can make this work because as I've mentioned before, we have to find a way to make Ron Paul known to those who rely upon the media for their presidential campaign coverage.

SteveMartin
01-07-2008, 01:24 PM
WE SHOULD NOT MARCH IN ANY MLK PARADE CARRYING ANYTHING OR WEARING ANYTHING OTHER THAN MLK-promoting ITEMS, PERIOD, EVER!

To do anything otherwise would be a HORRIBLE mistake.

Crickett
01-07-2008, 01:25 PM

THIS time it is not about a MONEY bomb. Did alot of you READ his post? He wants to do a "supporter" bomb. He wants us to be able to show HOW MANY PEOPLE IN ONE DAY supported RP with a token donation. For crying out loud, people...SOMEONE had to pick a day instead of bickering about it for a week. He picked one. Now it is UP TO US to USE that day to show we support RP..
I sure am in, but I wish he would post projected totals so that we can see how many are actually supporting.

THIS IS NOT about raising money (tho that would be great). It is about showing the MSM how many people are IN this, and COMITTED. RE READ.

Parade thing? Who cares? Hardly anyone in my town supports RP (and I am trying by myself to change that a bit). Any day is a good day to show support. MLK day is as good as any when off work to do a parade, OR NOT. Of course, if we did do it in 100 cities, it may make the MSM NEWS.

Mckarnin
01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
This November 5th
RonPaulFriday.com - Be the message!

Posted: 07 Jan 2008 10:45 AM CST

http://www.RonPaulFriday.com
Be the message!
It’s great to wear a Ron Paul T-shirt to help spread the word. What would happen if tens or even hundreds of thousands of Ron Paul supporters wore their shirts on the same day?

Once a week, every friday, we’ll join together and wear our shirts, hats and buttons on the same day. Fight the polls, show our strength and spread the word more effectively than ever before by acting together and becoming the message.

(btw- if you were having troubles getting to http://www.FreeAtLast2008.com last night the issues have been fixed)

Over 4,000 sign ups in 2 days - RonPaulMarch.com

Posted: 06 Jan 2008 12:06 PM CST

Great news- signs ups for the mass donation day at FreeAtLast2008.com are coming in rapidly.. we’ve had over 4,000 in just two days!

Because it’s so important to fight the polls and show our numbers I’ve partnered up with Greg over at RonPaulMarch.com. He’s provided a great system to sign up for marches in your town or city AND it’s co-ordinated with the MeetUp system.

Click the banner below and sign up to pledge your participation in our nation wide march event.

As we all know the media didn’t pay as much attention to our fund raising record of “6 million in one day” as we would have liked. It’s time for a change in strategy. Hundreds of thousands of donors in one day will stun the political status quo, boost moral and continue to draw attention to our message. The pledge is only $10 (or more) so we can all participate while raising large amounts of money. It’s a win, win for us all.

We can add yet another win by compounding our impact with a co-ordinated march. MLK day is a national holiday so we all have the day off and can participate. It’s also symbolic, Martin Luther King brought about change in Washington through marches and protests, and so will we. It’s a proven strategy and we should do what works and take back our country. We only have one chance. Now is the time.

Please pledge to participate in the mass donation day and the march and please ask everyone you know to do the same.

Pledged and Pledged. :-)

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 01:41 PM
WE SHOULD NOT MARCH IN ANY MLK PARADE CARRYING ANYTHING OR WEARING ANYTHING OTHER THAN MLK-promoting ITEMS, PERIOD, EVER!

To do anything otherwise would be a HORRIBLE mistake.

Why? Just curious.

Truth is, while I think it's as good as any other day, I don't really care when we march just as long as it's soon because we're running out of time.

Mckarnin
01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
can somebody get a hold of trevor and ask why he thinks 21st is better. Also, why so late? don't we need 23 million by Jan 25rd?? What if we are only able to raise $6-$7 again on Jan 21? where do we get rest of $11-$14 million by Jan 25th??

The whole point of the MLK thing is to be an alternate way of "voting" for Ron Pail with $10. It is meant to be an amount that anyone can afford that will register as one more donor on that day and thus a symbolic "vote" for Ron Paul. If people want to give more fine but this isn't an attempt at a huge $$ haul so much as a huge haul when it comes to the number of people who gave the money. You can get friends and family who think they will vote for Ron Paul to "vote" with $10 on that day to help show the media and everyone how many people truly support Dr. Paul.

Zack
01-07-2008, 02:16 PM

Well, if RP made a post saying that on these forums... yeah, I think people would correct the mistake. Not in an emotional or petty way, but yeah.

If we were to actually be so juvenile as to attempt to give organizational credit to a specific individual for an event that doesn't fit into those terms, then we nullify the meaning of the event. It gives the media the fictional story of a person who found a clever way to raise money instead of a people who cried for freedom. It's funny: The more romantic version is the correct version and the more realistic story is the incorrect version of events. It hurts us (at least slightly) that the media has largely gone with the incorrect version. So hopefully that answers your question as to what people's "issue" is with it.

Trevor helped promote the idea and made a website which was a nice place to send people to so they could watch a couple youtube videos and sign up for a mailing list to be reminded when the day was there. If you want to assign an extra level of influence on him because of that, then fine. But you should then probably know that there were probably between 2-3 other people (just that I can think of) who had even more influence on the total outcome. His name was attached to the ownership of the most linked to website domain and the media therefore thought he was an/the "orginizer".

None of this is something to get hung up on or dramatic about, but it does relate to truthfulness and, at least slightly, to the future success of the campaign. As for the MLK/Ben issue, I like the idea of massive small donors that MLK is going with, but I don't think it will be successful, even by that standard. Partly, because people seem to like the 17th much much much more than MLK day. I just hope all the days are as successful as can be.

libertyguy
01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey Trevor has done some great things. I don't mind someone like Trevor taking the reins and using their resources to get us all fired up again. I have heard him interviewed several times and he does not take credit for the original money bomb idea nor does he come out with a lot of bravado. He is a nice guy working to do a great thing. COME ON FOLKS...GET ON BOARD!!! Not everyone can be a leader. Some things work well with democracy and other things need to have representative leadership. Trevor is one of those leaders!

All Trevor here too! You go man!

Thunderbolt
01-07-2008, 03:54 PM

Well, Trevor Lyman shouldn't be able to use that list. You are absolutely right. What he is doing is technically spam (when people signed up, it was contractually only to receive messages about the tea party), illegal and certainly immoral. His behavior is selfish and he is hurting this campaign. Oh, I know most people here think that he is a God and can do no wrong, but if you look at his actions he is causing disruption between the grassroots just when we need to be together.

No one person "owns" the grassroots. That email list has suddenly allowed Trevor Lyman to do whatever he likes no matter how much the rest of us don't like it. Is that what we are about?

Sadly, this young man has refused to listen to anyone and continues to go forward and hurt us all no matter how much is said to him. He has a whole group of people on this forum that he has either hired, or work together in some way to attack anyone who dares to say a word against him and he is manipulating the entire grassroots. In fact, he reminds me of George Bush.

I am sick of it. I don't know how to stop him. He refuses to listen to anyone and has gone completely rogue. Fracturing the grassroots is not useful.

nc4rp
01-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Paul/Lyman 08!!

twdahm
01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Paul/Lyman 08!!

your an idiot

twdahm
01-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Well, Trevor Lyman shouldn't be able to use that list. You are absolutely right. What he is doing is technically spam (when people signed up, it was contractually only to receive messages about the tea party), illegal and certainly immoral. His behavior is selfish and he is hurting this campaign. Oh, I know most people here think that he is a God and can do no wrong, but if you look at his actions he is causing disruption between the grassroots just when we need to be together.

No one person "owns" the grassroots. That email list has suddenly allowed Trevor Lyman to do whatever he likes no matter how much the rest of us don't like it. Is that what we are about?

Sadly, this young man has refused to listen to anyone and continues to go forward and hurt us all no matter how much is said to him. He has a whole group of people on this forum that he has either hired, or work together in some way to attack anyone who dares to say a word against him and he is manipulating the entire grassroots. In fact, he reminds me of George Bush.

I am sick of it. I don't know how to stop him. He refuses to listen to anyone and has gone completely rogue. Fracturing the grassroots is not useful.

Woot Woot! Ive been sayng it for months but no one listens here they want their little God! Trevor is an idiot spending all thier money living it up flying around in a blimp

Mckarnin
01-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Woot Woot! Ive been sayng it for months but no one listens here they want their little God! Trevor is an idiot spending all thier money living it up flying around in a blimp

What? He hasn't been with the blimp for a week now. Even when he was with the blimp he was usually on the ground in a car so he could keep internet up and make phone calls to work on projects. But now he's in NH working with Vijay/Live Free or Die and working on promoting/fundraising for the blimp remotely.

twdahm
01-08-2008, 12:53 PM
What? He hasn't been with the blimp for a week now. Even when he was with the blimp he was usually on the ground in a car so he could keep internet up and make phone calls to work on projects. But now he's in NH working with Vijay/Live Free or Die and working on promoting/fundraising for the blimp remotely.

yep using you money....

Deborah K
01-08-2008, 01:02 PM
...... but if you look at his actions he is causing disruption between the grassroots just when we need to be together.

What "actions" of his are causing disruption? The fact that there is a disagreement about whether or not to give him any credit???

Mckarnin
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
yep using you money....

More like using HIS money. At this point I think he is up to 10k out of pocket and no pay yet.