PDA

View Full Version : Local Bands

bernie
07-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Does anyone in our group have personnel contact with any local bands?

With this contact, would it be possible to have the band perform as a "donation" to the group. If this performance could take place in a local establishment, at no charge to the establishment, we could promote Ron Paul and our group. The site would benefit from not having a cost for the band that night and still sell drinks as usual, we may gain members and encourage voter registration.

I was thinking someplace like Lynch's Irish Pub, college bar with a marquee, to advertise a "Ron Paul Revolution Rally" featuring ???.

Just a thought.

acejoca
07-19-2007, 01:10 PM
i like that idea. Jeff Hunt from the libertarian party owns a record studio so I will ask him if he knows any bands that would support him and hold a benefit.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 01:17 PM
I've been doing political rallys and donation drives using local bands, started back when i ran for congress in 2006. it didn't bring in a ton of money after expenses, but it was fun. check out my "Rock for Liberty" page:
http://www.myspace.com/rfltour

bernie
07-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Fundraising may be secondary, if we can get PR and new members to our jax meetup, funds may come in later. Using it to get potential voters to register republican would and aware that Dec 31 is the deadline for our primary is critical.

athena0626
07-19-2007, 03:53 PM
I was thinking about this too, although most of the bands I once knew are no longer.

I do however know a LOT of DJs. I was already trying to think of someway I could use that to our advantage, but the only venue I have somewhat close ties to, would probably never allow us to keep the money. But if you guys can think of any way we could use a bunch of house music DJs, let me know.