PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter To The Grassroots From This Australian

Scott Wilson
01-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Hello,

I am an Australian expat living here in Tennessee with my wife and child. I love liberty and freedom and I seriously want Ron Paul to be elected as President.

We are many supporters here but it is very chaotic. Time is very limited and that time is very precious.

We need to think carefully, exercise self control, and take co-ordinated action.

The Ron Paul Revolution is not entertainment, it is a principled stand for freedom and we must treat it as so. Many of you here are treating this as entertainment and it seems to me that many of you are getting your daily fix from videos, polls, predictions and news articles. Deep down you know this is true.

Why do we need to see a youtube of every appearance of Ron Paul on tv? We already know what he stands for. We already know that we have to get the message out. Is it better to glorify in self righteousness as Hannity is chased down the street by a mob or a news reporter stumbles during a Ron Paul interview or would time be better served to have our heads down focused directly on the task at hand of getting Ron elected. Is it a better use of time to be watching Ron Paul videos on youtube or is it better to be writing letters to voters?

We are only going to get one chance at this!

It is essential we get bang for our buck and bang for our time in our endeavours.

Jefferson County in Iowa won for Ron Paul. What did they do? They ran newspaper ads every single week.

This is being organised right now in the South Carolina Forum. It is being overlooked by many who are caught up in the chaos of youtube, polls, stories and everything else.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=76978

We are past the name recognition stage and are in the midst of the final leg of the information stage. It is essential we get Ron Paul's message to everyone in our communities.

The message of limited government and sound monetary policy is a winning platform only if we also address the foreign policy issue. The foreign policy issue is the stickler issue with many Republicans who tend to think Ron is naive about the threat of "islamofascism."

Ron Paul's Strategy on Terrorism ( http://files.meetup.com/593250/Ron%20Paul%27s%20Strategy%20on%20Terrorism.doc )written by David Gornoski is an excellent tool in this regard. Our verbal spiels, articles and advertisements need to take a hold of the points raised in his article. The DVD A Man For All Seasons is also very powerful in bringing the pro-war crowd around. I am having a very high conversion rate to Ron Paul in my precinct using these tools.

What must we all do?

1. We must knock or drop pertinent information off to every single household in our communties. The most effective way to do this is to sign up and volunteer as a precinct captain at http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

2. We must organise newspaper ads in all the local newspapers in our communities and we must organise fundraisers/chipins to bear the cost. These ads must be frequent and must vary slightly so as to increase interest.

Join the discussion with the folks from South Carolina. Once we have the ads all the meetup groups across the nation can run them locally. We must do this.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=76978

3. Get involved in phone banking and letter writing as time permits.

4. Keep putting signs up everywhere.

5. Be humble.

What must we not do?

1. Waste time!

2. Be self righteous.

Please take this to heart, work together, and thus bring to fruition our goals.

Sincerely,

Scott Wilson

Melissa
01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
yes to all the above and that is why my group yesterday here in Indiana went to Michigan and went door to door to get his name out

Talldude1412
01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Good on ya mate! :)

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-07-2008, 10:19 AM
You are right on.

Dan Klaus
01-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Good post Scott...bump this for more reads..

dshields
01-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Agreed!

phree
01-07-2008, 11:04 AM
I was spending up to 4 or 5 hours on the internet watching/reading Ron Paul related stuff. 2 weeks ago I came to NH to work with Operation Live Free or Die and I've hardly had the time to go online. It feels much better to actually do something.

Great post Scott.

I was in Manchester when the mob chased Hannity. It's crap like this that can seriously damage Dr. Paul's campaign. Stop indulging in your anger and focus on what wins votes.