PDA

View Full Version : Tip well and include a Ron Paul "StopTaxing Tips" card

RonRules
01-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I always carry a small stack of Ron Paul "Stop Taxing Tips" business cards. The card states: "Taxing Tips is wrong. Tips are not wages". "Ron Paul will stop the IRS from taking your money". Vote Ron Paul for PRESIDENT.

Sunday I was at the Huntington Beach, California sign waving. Before that I went for a meal at a local restaurant. Spoke with the waitress a bit and found that she was from Ohio and was not yet registered to vote. We talked a bit about Ron Paul and our upcoming sign waving down the street. I tipped her well and included the slim jim on tipping as well as the Ron Paul business card on tipping.

She was very happy to hear about our Ron Paul activities and later she joined us at the sign waving.

There are probably 10 million people that receive tips for a living. Whenever you tip, include a Ron Paul "Taxing tips is wrong" card.

Your meetup group will probably have these cards, but you can read about how to order them here:

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/16272

Convince them one tip at a time.

Don't forget to leave a tip in you hotel room. That's a tradition that's done less and less.

John E
01-07-2008, 09:55 AM
very good idea, I'll pick some tipping cards up.

zakkubin
01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I do this as well. It almost guarantees a new Ron Paul supporter.

I also happen to be a server who works for tips. The way it works is if I make lots of money in tips my paycheck actually goes down to ZERO to compensate for taxes... So yeah it pretty much punishes us for doing a good job.