PDA

View Full Version : Writing in Ron Paul

BillyDkid
01-07-2008, 09:08 AM
It is my intention, if they manage to screw us out of the nomination - to write in Dr. Paul next November. Do you think if we all agreed to do this we would have a shot? If we get near the end and things look grim maybe we could start a RP write in bomb. I'm nowhere near giving up, mind you, but I think we need a plan and a coordinated effort to elect Dr. Paul even without a nomination. Is this feasible or am I just dreaming? Do people have a psychological block against writing in a candidate en' mass?

Scott Wilson
01-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Computer voting?

JordanL
01-07-2008, 09:10 AM
It is my intention, if they manage to screw us out of the nomination - to write in Dr. Paul next November. Do you think if we all agreed to do this we would have a shot? If we get near the end and things look grim maybe we could start a RP write in bomb. I'm nowhere near giving up, mind you, but I think we need a plan and a coordinated effort to elect Dr. Paul even without a nomination. Is this feasible or am I just dreaming? Do people have a psychological block against writing in a candidate en' mass?

This has been my plan all along. :)

UtahApocalypse
01-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Ron Paul.... You are my Only Vite!

politicus
01-07-2008, 09:12 AM
It has been suggested that we contact the GOP and let them know that Paul is our only choice. I think that we should contact our local GOP--our county and state GOP and let them know that it is Paul or Bust. No other Republican will win the election in November. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, we have to keep pushing.

FreedomFirst
01-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Agreed. Someone will take notice.

voiceactivated
01-07-2008, 09:22 AM
You need to check your state's election laws to find out if write-in votes are counted. I believe in Washington someone running a write-in campaign must pay a certain fee in order for the votes to be counted. If you don't follow your state's election laws then your write-in vote is a waste of time.

Yom
01-07-2008, 09:23 AM
I would write in no matter what.

Eponym_mi
01-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Often times, even as a write-in, the candidate must file with the state to be counted. Nevertheless, whether RP files for write-in status or not, I'll write him in. I wouldn't consider my vote wasted. I'll vote my conscience.

If this comes to pass, it will be very interesting to see how many votes he gets. I'm sure the Republican would be doing a lot of whining about losing afterwards.

Grandson of Liberty
01-07-2008, 09:29 AM
If it has to be a write-in, then write-in it is for me.

The great thing is, with as close as the elections have been the past two times, winning a single state of any size could very well cause a doo-doo storm when it comes to the electoral college.

Of course, first and foremost, it is our goal to win outright! Barring that however, I'd love to see the American people get a wake up call when they realize the 10% approval rated Congress gets to pick their next President! (which is what I believe happens if no candidate gets a majority of electoral votes (270). someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

BeFranklin
01-07-2008, 09:32 AM

Actually yes. I think we could do a pledge to vote Ron Paul, and when people see how many people signed up, would signup and turn out for Ron Paul like a money bomb. If it went that far, the candidates left would be so lame that there would be low voter turnout, so again a chance.

I don't think we are going to need to do that, but I think we could run it like a money bomb. New technology, new possibilities

Ack
01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Some states (including mine) don't allow write in votes at all. :(