PDA

View Full Version : Executive Order Question

Razmear
07-19-2007, 11:24 AM
One last post before I disappear for a while.

What would happen if on Ron Paul's first day of office he issued an Executive Order that contained The Bill Of Rights verbatim?

eb

Sematary
07-19-2007, 11:34 AM
One last post before I disappear for a while.

What would happen if on Ron Paul's first day of office he issued an Executive Order that contained The Bill Of Rights verbatim?

eb

Personally, I can't see him using executive orders since they don't exist constitutionally.

Green Mountain Boy
07-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Personally, I can't see him using executive orders since they don't exist constitutionally.

I believe I heard him state in some interview that he sees no problem writing executive orders to undo previous executive orders.

Sematary
07-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I believe I heard him state in some interview that he sees no problem writing executive orders to undo previous executive orders.

Really? Even though executive orders are, themselves, not constitutional?
I'm trying to figure out the genesis of such a thing. Where did presidents get the idea that they could simply make laws that nobody could challenge?

DisabledVet
07-19-2007, 11:40 AM

See thats how he would get allot done (err un-done)...you can undo previous executive orders and repeal all the crap Bush did.

freelance
07-19-2007, 11:53 AM
It's the quickest way to undo the damage.