PDA

View Full Version : Could we make Ron Paul a senator?

Thatguyuknow
01-07-2008, 06:53 AM
John Cornyn is up for reelection later on in 2008.. I realize Ron Paul hasn't entered into this race, but given the fact that his presidential campaign has ignited national recognition and the fact that John's approval rating is so low, I think Ron Paul could win a senatorial seat in the senate by just putting his name on the ballot.

I mean, he has his district that will surely throw all their votes at him. He has Austin with the largest meet up group there. Polls are very favorable to him. I'd vote for him :)

Plus being a senator yields several times more power than a congressman. What do y'all think?

RockHoward
01-07-2008, 08:41 AM
It is already too late to file in 2008. Looking over the field of entrants, I see just the three Libertarian candidates as possibly worthy of a vote. While I am good friends with Jon Roland, I also think that Yvonne Schick would be an excellent Senatorial candidate and Senator. I appreciate Scott Jameson's efforts in his last 2 Senatorial campaigns, but I think that he has had his chance and it is clear that voters did not really respond to him. (Sorry, but Larry Kilgore who occasionally posts on this board, scares me. Putting a picture from the holocaust on the front of your campaign website does not exactly convey a positive image. I cannot recommend him.)