PDA

View Full Version : Money Bomb WEEKEND: (Unite 17th and 21st money bomb)

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 05:47 AM
edit:we need to start promoting these money bombs!

not my idea, came from Rebel Resource http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=852779&posted=1#post852779

but its a great idea, imo.

Since we cant decide on any money bomb, why dont we make it a money bomb weekend from Thursday 17 to Monday 21!

With a goal of raising 10 million. That lets people decide what money bomb they want to support and gives us a weekend goal where we can get people who dont regularly donate to donate...

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 05:48 AM
I like this idea! I think it's a great one!

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 05:53 AM
bump

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 05:56 AM
It's a good idea but we need to do something now as well. On Jan 8th the forums will be packed like never before (Thousands here last primary). We would be making a mistake to miss that opportunity to make something happen. As I suggested in that thread you already put up we should consider doing a 7-day Money bomb starting Jan 8th. This could work well because if we do well in NH on the 8th it will jump-start it and as the word gets out about it each day more and more people will join in. If we can raise a few hundred thousand on Jan 8th with the intentions to keep the money-bomb going throughout the week we can easily gather millions in 1 week.

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 06:00 AM
It's a good idea but we need to do something now as well. On Jan 8th the forums will be packed like never before (Thousands here last primary). We would be making a mistake to miss that opportunity to make something happen. As I suggested in that thread you already put up we should consider doing a 7-day Money bomb starting Jan 8th. This could work well because if we do well in NH on the 8th it will jump-start it and as the word gets out about it each day more and more people will join in. If we can raise a few hundred thousand on Jan 8th with the intentions to keep the money-bomb going throughout the week we can easily gather millions in 1 week.

imo if Paul does well in NH, then I think donations will pour in regardless at least 1 million in a week...

We need abit of time to advertise as well so...

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 06:01 AM
imo if Paul does well in NH, then I think donations will pour in regardless at least 1 million in a week...

We need abit of time to advertise as well so...

They will be 2x if we coordinate and plan something. We need to take advantage.. we only have 1 day until these forums(And others) will be packed.

LibertyForAll
01-07-2008, 06:01 AM
PLease, Please, Please....Someone, Some Senior Forum Admin, Some Senior Ron Paul Person, get an OFFICIAL single money event scheduled. I loved the Dec. 16th Tea Party, but since then am about to Throw Up with all the Different posts about Different events. This defeats the whole purpose! Someone, Get the fucking act together and get everyone on the same page about this. I am DYING to donate during an event again but it Has to be Unified and a Single Ron Paul event.

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 06:04 AM
We must plan a money bomb weekend, because Trevor is refusing to answer emails or calls.

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 06:04 AM
They will be 2x if we coordinate and plan something. We need to take advantage.. we only have 1 day until these forums(And others) will be packed.

I agree. We need to get this sorted out ASAP!

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 06:10 AM
I am DYING to donate during an event again but it Has to be Unified and a Single Ron Paul event.

Be patient, it will come. The moneybomb that gets the single greatest unifying element of alternative media promotion, like the last two moneybombs, is going to be the moneybomb of choice.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 06:11 AM
I agree. We need to get this sorted out ASAP!

We need another thread for as somebody called it the "Live Free or Die" money-bomb (NH motto) for tomorrow's primary. Only change is.. we make it the first 7 day money bomb. ;)

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Be patient, it will come. The moneybomb that gets the single greatest unifying element of alternative media promotion, like the last two moneybombs, is going to be the moneybomb of choice.

The fact is that we need to let people know that these two money bombs are their LAST CHANCE to donate if they want to impact what happens on super Tuesday.

How about a LAST CHANCE to donate money bomb weekend?

Xepa
01-07-2008, 06:14 AM
NO!

Paul's HQ already said that fourth quarter donations came too late on our 6 million day. There's a reason why 3rd quarter raises more than fourth usually; they get time to SPEND the money. Unloading it the day before super tuesday is an incredibly, incredibly stupid idea.

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 06:16 AM
NO!

Paul's HQ already said that fourth quarter donations came too late on our 6 million day. There's a reason why 3rd quarter raises more than fourth usually; they get time to SPEND the money. Unloading it the day before super tuesday is an incredibly, incredibly stupid idea.

Neither one of these money bombs are the day before super Tuesday.

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 06:16 AM
NO!

super tuesday is 17 days after the 17th...

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 06:18 AM
NO!

This is why tomorrow on the day of the primary we should do this Live free or Die money bomb. I don't know if the 17th will be too late to effect super Tuesday but it likely is.. on the other hand tomorrow is not. There hasn't been time to promote it but the forums will be packed like never before so we can do it then. Plus we will make it a 7-day money-bomb so it will have time to grow bigger and bigger as more and more hear about it. If we can get a good start on Jan 8th and get the word out this could work wonderfully.

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 06:19 AM
I personally think we need to have a money bomb weekend!

The longer period of time will mean EVERYONE finds out about this money bomb. It also means that people might donate MULTIPLE times.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 06:22 AM
I personally think we need to have a money bomb weekend!

The longer period of time will mean EVERYONE finds out about this money bomb. It also means that people might donate MULTIPLE times.

Sigh.. your thinking too far from now. ;( That won't get the money they need in time to get ads out before super Tuesday. If we lose on super Tuesday we are out of the race, and they wont need your money anymore.

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Sigh.. your thinking too far from now. ;( That won't get the money they need to gets ads out before super Tuesday. If we lose on super Tuesday we are out of the race, and they wont need your money anymore.

fine lets make a money bomb this Weekend hopefully coming off NH success... and then have the long money bomb weekend as well....

We need to raise 23 million basically in a month so we cant have to many money bombs, lol

pacelli
01-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Start thinking about what is going to happen to ANY future moneybombs if NH does not go well for Dr. Paul. Newsflash, the grassroots is not as motivated to donate as we were 2 months ago.

We need to get the money in now. We don't have time to screw around with making websites and pretty youtube promotional videos. This isn't November anymore.

We're going to have a couple thousand people visiting these forums tomorrow-- that's when we start encouraging the donations.

Save a little for later, fund the grassroots efforts in Michigan and SC, but, I've been fully convinced that waiting until 2 weeks before the 23 million deadline for the 'big push' is not going to be helpful.

We must raise all we can before the results are in from NH. 23 million is A LOT of money. We have less than a month left to raise more than we did in Q4. We need to start now.

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 06:32 AM
The fact is that we need to let people know that these two money bombs are their LAST CHANCE to donate if they want to impact what happens on super Tuesday.

What is going to let people know which moneybomb to donate to is not Ron Paul forums but alternative media. This is what was the case with the last two moneybombs.

At this point Ronpaulforums can only serve to spread confusion about moneybombs and resistance to moneybombs. And it seems to be doing a good job I might add.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 06:33 AM
fine lets make a money bomb this Weekend hopefully coming off NH success... and then have the long money bomb weekend as well....

We need to raise 23 million basically in a month so we cant have to many money bombs, lol

Now your talking.. look if it starts well on the first day after the NH results all we have to do is spread the word that we are making the money-bomb 7 days long(Ends after the weekend). If we tell this to enough people and they tell others it will only grow as each day comes. Not to mention people will already be donating nation-wide if we have a success in NH anyways. All we are really doing is capitalizing on our hopefully victory (3rd place is my hope). Also people are looking for something exciting to get behind and new.. this is I think the best way forward. We should keep the money-bomb weekend idea but save it for later and focus on this for now. Most importantly we have to take advantage of tomorrow when the forums will be buzzing with activity.

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 06:35 AM
What is going to let people know which moneybomb to donate to is not Ron Paul forums but alternative media. This is what was the case with the last two moneybombs.

At this point Ronpaulforums can only serve to spread confusion about moneybombs and resistance to moneybombs. And it seems to be doing a good job I might add.

+1

pacelli
01-07-2008, 06:35 AM
For what it is worth, here are some sobering figures courtesy of Coboman (link to original thread underneath quote):

These are our current efforts:

PAYDAY (around $50,000):

The first one was Friday, and they raised less than $10,000. It was supposed to be a $500,000 moneybomb and we ended with a regular daily donation of $60,000.
All pledges for the next Payday's are below $10,000. The next four Friday's will bring a maximum of $50,000

The Martin Luther King Money Bomb (around $500,000):

It has 3,500 pledges for $10 (ten dollars). Applying the growth of pledges, and the factor of pledges vs actual donations, etc. etc. It looks like a regular 30 Nov, 31 Dec. moneybomb. That is around $500,000. But this is January 21st, so it is too late for anything.

Benjamin's Moneybomb: (around $500,000)

This one is doing is far worse. It has 234 pledges, up from 221 pledges a couple of days ago. To reach the goal of 23,000 pledges it would take 12 years at this pace.
In comparison, "Rudy's Reading List" moneybomb had more than 6,000 pledges, and ended up bringing less than $500,000.

Regular Donations (around $1.5 million):

We have $300,000 in donations in 6 days, for an average of $50,000 every day. It is 1.5 million in this month (50,000 every day for 30 days).

All in all, I don't see any way of raising more than 3 million this month.
Being extra optimistic, and doubling the numbers, we still end up with less than 5 million.

23 million is absolutely out of the question with the current base of donors, the current number of pledges, and the current course of action.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79399

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Now your talking.. look if it starts well on the first day after the NH results all we have to do is spread the word that we are making the money-bomb 7 days long(Ends after the weekend). If we tell this to enough people and they tell others it will only grow as each day comes. Not to mention people will already be donating nation-wide if we have a success in NH anyways. All we are really doing is capitalizing on our hopefully victory (3rd place is my hope). Also people are looking for something exciting to get behind and new.. this is I think the best way forward. We should keep the money-bomb weekend idea but save it for later and focus on this for now. Most importantly we have to take advantage of tomorrow when the forums will be buzzing with activity.

electric church is right, we depend on alternative media to get behind the money bombs, too late now to start promoting amoney bomb soon, the best we can hope is to get 1 million coming of NH success and promote the 17th money bomb weekend...

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Pacelli that has nothing to do with what were talking about. If you want to bump a thread about not donating to the campaign that's fine but leave this thread alone..

Question: Will you still not want to donate to the campaign after we own in NH?

By the way 10% in Iowa was amazing considering the demographics of Iowa and Ron Paul's polling just months earlier.

LibertyEagle
01-07-2008, 06:42 AM

It was the YouTube videos, the banners, the articles and the thousands of emails sent out, that made them successful.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 06:44 AM
All Electric said was alternative media chooses which Money-bomb we do which is only half true... then he said we're causing resistance to the money-bombs which is regardless. The money-bomb won't do anything if we send the money to the campaign and it's too late for them to get ads before super Tuesday. By the time those money-bomb's come along there will be plenty of people who will donate again anyway and first time donors. We can either capitalize on how packed every forum will be tomorrow (As they were last primary) and captalize on a hopefully good finish in NH or we can do nothing. Those are the choices.

Isn't there a famous quote something along the lines of.. "Let it not be said we did nothing".. seriously this is an opportunity we should not be wasting it.

pacelli
01-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Pacelli that has nothing to do with what were talking about. If you want to bump a thread about not donating to the campaign that's fine but leave this thread alone..

Question: Will you still not want to donate to the campaign after we own in NH?

By the way 10% in Iowa was amazing considering the demographics of Iowa and Ron Paul's polling just months earlier.

I agree that 10% was amazing in Iowa.

The phrasing of your question makes the assumption that I currently do not want to donate to the campaign. This is an incorrect assumption. I will continue to donate to the campaign until I am maxed out, which will be complete by 1/21, regardless of the NH results. I've also dropped $145 in the past 15 hours to the campaign in response to the Fox Forum exclusion.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 06:50 AM
I agree that 10% was amazing in Iowa.

The phrasing of your question makes the assumption that I currently do not want to donate to the campaign. This is an incorrect assumption. I will continue to donate to the campaign until I am maxed out, which will be complete by 1/21, regardless of the NH results. I've also dropped $145 in the past 15 hours to the campaign in response to the Fox Forum exclusion.

Then why would you bump a thread titled "Are we Done donating to the campaign" and why also would you come into this thread and put a link to that thread?

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 06:55 AM
This is the way I see it.

We need to some how unite these two money bombs into a money bomb weekend with a unique and catchy name! Why? Because donations made after the 21st probably will NOT be able to be spent to support super Tuesday! It's critical that EVERYONE who supports Ron Paul make a donation ON or BEFORE the 21st and the SOONER the better!

However, we need to get ORGANIZED! Why were the previous money bomb successful? Because we here at Ron Paul forums helped SPREAD THE WORD far and wide about them! What's happening now? There is a great deal of confusion about these money bombs, when they should happen, and what should be done with them.

We need to come up with a name NOW for this money bomb weekend and promote it like crazy! We must start promoting it RIGHT NOW!

Ron Paul Forums has been CRITICAL to the success of the Ron Paul campaign! This is the central hub for information, news, ideas, and updates!

If we want to have another successful period of fund raising before the 21st we need to settle this issue NOW, come up with a catchy name for this money bomb weekend, and start promoting it like crazy!

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 07:01 AM
Pacelli that thread is poorly titled.. although his intentions are good its almost more harmful than helpful.
As to what the money-bomb should be called thats simple we have a great name already. Live Free or Die money-bomb. It starts of the day of the NH primary and uses their motto as a name. We promote it to be our first week-long money bomb so people will have time to find out about it and join in. If we have a success in NH our first day will be big no matter what and all we have to do from their is encourage people to keep it going for 6 more days. People will easily get behind this as its a fresh and good idea but we have to get the word out.

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 07:03 AM
It was the YouTube videos, the banners, the articles and the thousands of emails sent out, that made them successful.

Alternative media gives it the kick start by coordinating with the initiators of the moneybomb as to which moneybomb. All the above you mentioned follows the lead.

If you have thousands of different videos, banners, articles, emails about 10 different moneybombs you essentially will have no moneybomb.

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 07:04 AM
electric church is right, we depend on alternative media to get behind the money bombs, too late now to start promoting a money bomb soon, the best we can hope is to get 1 million coming of NH success and promote the 17th money bomb weekend...

So far alternative media is leaning towards promoting the MLK moneybomb but there's no reason why they cannot promote both.

Keep in mind the Franklin moneybomb excludes a tremendous amount of donors with its $100 pledge. The average pledge of the teaparty moneybomb was $50

Also, the two previous successful moneybombs were one-day hauls. Promoting two or more moneybombs at the same time may cause loss of focus and meaning. The last two moneybombs had significant meanings. Merging all these moneybombs may blur the meanings and focus. The moneybomb should do more than just raise money

Alternative media will look at all the above factors and decide which is the best route but the decision will NOT be made here on RonPaulforums, never has, never will.

pacelli
01-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Then why would you bump a thread titled "Are we Done donating to the campaign" and why also would you come into this thread and put a link to that thread?

Because that quote provided a projected net total of all currently planned efforts- whether you merge the 17th & 21st or not, they will not yield 23 million. I think the strategy has to change if we expect to meet the goal.

The reason I posted a link to the thread was to provide a citation for the quote.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Electric those money bombs will help us past super Tuesday if we make it. We need to think of how to raise money now to help us win on Super Tuesday or those money-bomb's will be wasted.

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Because that quote provided a projected net total of all currently planned efforts- whether you merge the 17th & 21st or not, they will not yield 23 million. I think the strategy has to change if we expect to meet the goal.

The reason I posted a link to the thread was to provide a citation for the quote.

yes they could, not many on THESE boards know about 17th or 21st money bomb and no one has been promoting it, once we promote it if we get good results in NH we can raise plenty of money...

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 07:09 AM

Yeah, it's just too bad he isn't good at titling threads.. lol and the whole cursing bit at the end was a bit much. It really confused people as to what his intentions were. I agree that we need a different strategy as well, that's what I've been talking about ;)

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Electric those money bombs will help us past super Tuesday if we make it. We need to think of how to raise money now to help us win on Super Tuesday or those money-bomb's will be wasted.

The best way should be the least confusing way. Does it not make sense to learn from previous successes? Why try to reinvent the wheel? We had two EXTREMELY successful moneybombs. Does it not make sense to try to learn from those successes and repeat the same thing?

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 07:16 AM
The best way should be the least confusing way. Does it not make sense to learn from previous successes? Why try to reinvent the wheel? We had two EXTREMELY successful moneybombs. Does it not make sense to try to learn from those successes and repeat the same thing?

I don't think you understood what I wrote. I'm for the money-bomb's but they won't matter if we are out of the race before the money can be spent. On super Tuesday half of the states have their primaries. These money bomb's won't give them any time to spend the money before that critical day. We need quick money now to help them for super Tuesday then after we do well hopefully they can spend the money from the money-bomb's to win over the few states left and win the presidency for Ron Paul.

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 07:29 AM
The "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend!

Dear Ron Paul supporters,

A final opportunity to help change the course of this election and the future of this nation is approaching quickly. On Thursday January 17th the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend will begin and continue through January 21st to end that midnight. It is critical that everyone who is willing to donate do so by January 21st. This is because Super Tuesday is coming up FAST on February 5th! Any donations made after January 21st may not be received by the official campaign soon enough to be used towards that absolutely critical day when countless states will be holding their primary elections.

As you may know, there are two individual money bombs happening during this time period. However, the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb is an effort to combine them both and give Ron Paul supporters a larger window to donate! This may enhance our ability to meet the goal of raising at least TEN MILLION DOLLARS by the end of this FIVE DAY "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend!

The two individual money bombs that are happening during this weekend are the "Benjamins for Paul" primary SHOCKER and the "Free at Last" Martin Luthor King MONEY BOMB! The "Last Chance for Liberty" does NOT exclude anyone from participating in either of these two money bombs. This effort is INCLUSIVE to combine these two days into a SPECTACULAR event that can bring together supporters of small government, freedom, and liberty from around the nation ONE MORE TIME before Super Tuesday! So donate on either of these two days or on any other day between the 17th and 21st! The choice is yours!

http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com/

http://www.freeatlast2008.com/

Lets give Ron Paul the money he needs to effectively campaign in ALL of the Super Tuesday primary states!

Please support the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend! Please tell everyone you know about this massive effort!

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 07:31 AM
We need quick money now to help them for super Tuesday then after we do well hopefully they can spend the money from the money-bomb's to win over the few states left and win the presidency for Ron Paul.

I understand your concern and I do share your concern. But that "quick" money that you want to raise now cannot be classified as a "moneybomb" because moneybombs, as we've already experienced, need alternative media promotion and TIME to build momentum.

A "Quick" money NOW project cannot take the forum of a moneybomb because it will be void of all those crucial elements that are necessary for a successful moneybomb.

The Ron Paul payday tried to address that concern. I agreed with the Payday plan but not with those who wanted a Payday plan at the exclusion of another moneybomb.

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 07:34 AM
The "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend!

Dear Ron Paul supporters,

A final opportunity to help change the course of this election and the future of this nation is approaching quickly. On Thursday January 17th the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend will begin and continue through January 21st to end that midnight. It is critical that everyone who is willing to donate do so by January 21st. This is because Super Tuesday is coming up FAST on February 5th! Any donations made after January 21st may not be received by the official campaign soon enough to be used towards that absolutely critical day when countless states will be holding their primary elections.

As you may know, there are two individual money bombs happening during this time period. However, the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb is an effort to combine them both and give Ron Paul supporters a larger window to donate! This may enhance our ability to meet the goal of raising at least TEN MILLION DOLLARS by the end of this FIVE DAY "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend!

The two individual money bombs that are happening during this weekend are the "Benjamins for Paul" primary SHOCKER and the "Free at Last" Martin Luthor King MONEY BOMB! The "Last Chance for Liberty" does NOT exclude anyone from participating in either of these two money bombs. This effort is INCLUSIVE to combine these two days into a SPECTACULAR event that can bring together supporters of small government, freedom, and liberty from around the nation ONE MORE TIME before Super Tuesday! So donate on either of these two days or on any other day between the 17th and 21st! The choice is yours!

http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com/

http://www.freeatlast2008.com/

Lets give Ron Paul the money he needs to effectively campaign in ALL of the Super Tuesday primary states!

Please support the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend! Please tell everyone you know about this massive effort!

Sounds like a decent proposal. If alternative media gets behind it it could verywell fly

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 07:36 AM
I've started a thread about it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79728

We can all start spreading the word about the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend AND have a spontaneous New Hampshire money bomb tomorrow!

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Sounds like a decent proposal. If alternative media gets behind it it could verywell fly

We at Ron Paul forums ARE the alternative media! There are thousands and thousands of us! If we spread the word about the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend it WILL catch on!

shida
01-07-2008, 07:46 AM
This is the way I see it.

If we want to have another successful period of fund raising before the 21st we need to settle this issue NOW, come up with a catchy name for this money bomb weekend, and start promoting it like crazy!

MP just do it! From what I've seen you seem to be pretty good at motivating people to get on board and spread the word.

Menthol Patch
01-07-2008, 07:48 AM
MP just do it! From what I've seen you seem to be pretty good at motivating people to get on board and spread the word.

I can't do this by myself. Right now we all need to come together and agree to support the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb. There has been a ton of debate in the past few days about this issue. One person supporting it is not going to end the debate. We all need to get behind it, show our support, and end the debate that has been dragging on for days.

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 07:56 AM
We at Ron Paul forums ARE the alternative media!

I partially agree. It is partially alternative. Ronpaulforums is really a smaller portion of alternative media because, I hope this doesn't shock you; Ronpaulforums is made up of those who support Ron Paul and those who do not support Ron Paul. By its open to all format (which I wholeheartedly support) it invites ALL to participate in the promotion of good ideas and the squelching of good ideas. The alternative media I'm referring to is purely alternative.

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 08:04 AM
I can't do this by myself. ...We all need to get behind it, show our support, and end the debate that has been dragging on for days.

I understand your enthusiasm and yes you can't do it yourself but as with the last two moneybombs, the decision about what moneybomb to promote, (whether it be one, the other or both) and jump on the bandwagon with will not be made here.

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
bump

tsetsefly
01-10-2008, 08:08 AM
we need to promote this, campaign needs money, we cant let up now...