PDA

View Full Version : Do we want Romney and Thompson to drop out, or to stay?

AggieforPaul
01-07-2008, 03:43 AM
On one hand, the more neo-cons, the more diluted the pro-war vote. On the other hand, the fewer there are, the more attention RP gets. What's ideal here?

kushaze
01-07-2008, 03:47 AM
I think we need Thompson to drop out and Romney to stay in. Romney is more like Giuliani and would dilute that vote. Besides his views on foreign policy and some civil liberty issues, Thompson is the most like Dr. Paul and I know some of his supporters would support Ron Paul.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-07-2008, 03:56 AM
We want as many people as possible to stay and dilute the votes.

eric_cartman
01-07-2008, 03:59 AM
We want as many people as possible to stay and dilute the votes.

i agree. the main issue is the war. ron paul is anti-war. everyone else is pro-war. that's what the election will come down to unfortunately (even though monetary policy should be the big issue). so ya, we need to dilute the pro-war votes so that ron paul will stand out as the anti-war guy, getting 100% of the republican anti-war vote.

john_anderson_ii
01-07-2008, 04:01 AM
Romney isn't going anywhere until after Super Tuesday at least.

hueylong
01-07-2008, 04:05 AM
Thompson is probably gone after NH no matter what. That said -- we want as many to stay in as possible to dilute the anti-war vote, and to make it harder for one of the other candidates to 'break out' as a front-runner.

The longer this goes on, the better for us.

Micahyah
01-07-2008, 04:15 AM
we need them to stay.

I think Thompson's last stand will be SC. If he doesn't win there he'll drop out and endorse McCain.

The fact that there is no frontrunner on our side is good.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-07-2008, 05:08 AM
I want them to drop out. More air time for Ron Paul to contrast himself from the others and to get his message across. Dr. Paul can go toe-to-toe with any of these guys, and will take voters away from them if given a chance.

j6p
01-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Dilute the delegates too

Eponym_mi
01-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Yes, we want them all in for as long as possible. But we need delegates!!

politicus
01-07-2008, 08:49 AM
The sooner they drop out the better. Thompson's out after New Hampshire. Giuliani's next, then McCain, finally Huckabee. It will come down to Paul vs. Romney.

Then we can focus on the Democrats who want "Change".

Yom
01-07-2008, 09:28 AM
We can't just win a plurality, we need 50% of the delegates +1. The dilution is helpful early on, but we want the field to eventually narrow down somewhat to get him more exposure and more delegates.