PDA

View Full Version : Can we simply outlast the others financially?

JaJunky
01-07-2008, 01:29 AM
With our grassroots support do you think we will simply be able to stay in the race until there are 2 or 3 candidates left or is it going to take that and us carrying a state or two?

me3
01-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Yes. We can last, and we just might win.

Keep working.

Jobarra
01-07-2008, 01:35 AM
My guess is that Rudy, Romney, and Paul will be the only ones left after Feb 5th due to money. This run will go to the very last state.

hueylong
01-07-2008, 01:36 AM
We can fight a war of attrition all the way to the end. Only Romney's checkbook can keep up.

Copperhed51
01-07-2008, 01:42 AM
My guess is that Rudy, Romney, and Paul will be the only ones left after Feb 5th due to money. This run will go to the very last state.

I imagine McCain will still be around too. He's gonna get a good bump from NH.

BeFranklin
01-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Ruddy is pretty much gone as far as support (other thing that can dry up besides money).

So I was thinking we need to watch romney. Check out Wiscounsin for instance. In a general election, Romney would lose, but he's stuck in there tight.

dvictr
01-07-2008, 01:44 AM
they will all have there name on the ballots through the last primaries in MAY !

you can see it in there eyes... they want the power sooooo bad, Ron Paul is breaking their hearts

dvictr
01-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Ruddy is pretty much gone as far as support (other thing that can dry up besides money).

So I was thinking we need to watch romney. Check out Wiscounsin for instance. In a general election, Romney would lose, but he's stuck in there tight.

Rudy has the support of the jewish vote
Thompson the rednecks on that see him on TV
McCain the military complex
Huckabee evangelicals
Romney women voters and medical complex

literatim
01-07-2008, 01:47 AM
Not if we don't get $23 more million like the campaign requests.

kushaze
01-07-2008, 01:48 AM
My biggest fear is a brokered convention where the neo-cons will combine and distribute their delegates against us.

syborius
01-07-2008, 01:50 AM
With our grassroots support do you think we will simply be able to stay in the race until there are 2 or 3 candidates left or is it going to take that and us carrying a state or two?

HAHA, yeah right. the others like who? Mccain who was supposedly broke 4 months ago, or Huckabee who is broke now. The fact of the matter is that Ron Paul is people powered, the rest are establishment powered. The only campaign that can go broke here is Ron Pauls, sadly....

BeFranklin
01-07-2008, 01:54 AM
My biggest fear is a brokered convention where the neo-cons will combine and distribute their delegates against us.

By that time Paul will have even more popular support :)

BeFranklin
01-07-2008, 01:57 AM
I think Thompson, Huckabee, and McCain will all have trouble with money.

Rudy will have trouble with actual people vote, instead of blocks and organizations supporting him.

Romney is the slick money person actually being pumped by the media. Can look at it as everyone else is being played off against each other.
First they got Ron Paul, then used the forum afterwards to attack Huckabee and Pump Romney. And Romney won Wisconsin in an insiders only caucus not even mentioned in the news. Definite pattern.

Maybe Huckabee was right to attacking him for thinking Jesus and Satan are brothers.

Xonox
01-07-2008, 01:58 AM
Romney and McCain are the only real threats - Romney because of money and McCain because of genuine support... Then it just comes down to votes.

gaazn
01-07-2008, 02:00 AM
except for romney and paul, all the other candidates have a situation where they have limited time to campaign and raise money because they can't be at two places at one time. RP thankfully has the 24/7 fundraising ability that allows him to quickly and efficiently raise money when it is needed down the road. this frees up time for him to campaign. so only romney and paul would be left with money.

while the neocons and business might join delegates, the evangelicals might side with ron paul.

Liberty
01-07-2008, 02:27 AM
The other candidates didn't release their quarterly numbers right away like last quarter. I wonder why? Too bad they have until the end of the month. I bet they got trounced.

fireworks_god
01-07-2008, 02:28 AM

No. We need to WIN South Carolina or else we will lose.

jabrownie
01-07-2008, 03:02 AM
No. We need to WIN South Carolina or else we will lose.

Not even close to true. This will be a battle of attrition. It will all depend on grabbing supporters when other candidates drop out, and taking it to the convention.

McCain = No money, no support outside N.H. Will be out by super tuesday.

Huckabee = No money, everybody but evangelicals hates him. Probably out by super tuesday, or will have to go dark in half the super tuesday states.

Thompson = No money, little support. Will be out by super tuesday.

That leaves Romney, Ghoul, and Paul. Romney is the wildcard, if he keeps spending tens of millions without winning, he might quit. If he stays in, Paul loses at the convention. If he quits, 50-50 shot at Paul winning at the convention.

[The Christian right hates the Ghoul, and has difficulties with Romney being a Mormon. When it gets down to those 2 or 3, Paul would be the lessor evil (he is a Christian). That will put us at the half-way point of the primaries. Paul's increased support at that point will bump him up for the last half of the race, and force a split convention. Then, it will be anyone's call.]

This one is going to be a marathon down to the wire. It is Ron Paul FOR THE LONG HAUL.

NYgs23
01-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Enough with "We've got to win/come 2nd/come 3rd in _______ or we lose."

In a volatile election like this, anything can happen and we should keep pushing and pushing all throughout regardless.

As for money, YES KEEP GIVING MONEY. Sadly, there is a contingent of (possibly troll-powered) gainsayers making wee-wee about the campaign and saying "No more money till they run it the way I want!!!!!!!"

Hogwash! The campaign can't do jack squat without dollars! DONATE DONATE DONATE!

Elwar
01-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Texas and California are huge. They make up a huge percentage of the delegates needed to win.

He needs to win in those states and about half dozen of medium sized states.

Thomas Paine
01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
The only candidate that could outlast us financially is Romney. The key is to not quit or give up if we don't place first, or second, or third, etc., in these early primaries.

slamhead
01-07-2008, 06:25 PM
I am in for the long haul $50...$25...$100 there...I have not maxed out..

Johncjackson
01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I think Romney is in the position that Clinton is being rumored to be in now. With all his money and former front-runner status, if he doesnt win some states soon he will be too embarrassed to go on. A lot of candidates with future political ambition and money would rather bailout early and not be remembered as staying in and wasting a bunch of money and losing.

Vendico
01-07-2008, 07:35 PM

I agree.

Johncjackson
01-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Adding to that, I have said before my analysis is that Romney might dropout if McCain wins NH and Fred will dropout to back McCain. Huck may have peaked in Iowa and become a non-factor. Leaving Paul in the top 3 as the only one who could remotely be called a "conservative."

Cimbri
01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
LIVE FREE OR DIE MONEYBOMB keep the donations going all day until the final votes in NH are counted

voytechs
01-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Good thread! I like strategies.

Tn...Andy
01-07-2008, 07:58 PM
We'll know a lot more by the 4th or 5th of February. FEC reports must be filed by Thursday, 31 January, and the FEC tries to get them on the website in 48 hours, according to their FAQs.

http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/mapApp.do

gjdavis60
01-07-2008, 08:00 PM
If any of the others had a positive fundraising result in Q4 they would have been crowing. Their silence is telling. The FEC reports will bear this out, I'd bet.

Benaiah
01-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Huck could take SC, then money would start pouring in. The media has been giving him millions in free publicity, too.

scooter
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
The campaign has a lot of money, power to take in more, and they are using it wisely in my opinion.

Winning these early primaries is not a be all end all. In most presidential elections the early primaries are important because if a candidate falls far behind they won't get any money and have to drop out early. In Dr. Paul's case, he has plenty of money to take it slow and hopefully start winning support in the bigger states after a few of the others drop out.

TwiLeXia
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Huckabee is getting more and more money as a result of the Iowa win.

Romney can finance himself for his next 3 campaigns.

Mccain, Thompson, and Giuliani can all take matching funds.

dblee
01-07-2008, 08:15 PM
we will win california. i'm determined to make it happen.

hopeforamerica
01-07-2008, 08:16 PM

Everyone needs your spirit!

Edu
01-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Bump for Romney!
(dropping SC and Florida that is!)
Keep donating! If you are at your limit, Blimp! Granny! Buy Ad time!

Richandler
01-10-2008, 03:03 AM

Hell yah we will.