PDA

View Full Version : Ces?

JeremyFirth
01-07-2008, 01:03 AM
CES is going on this week. Tens of thousands of visitors from all over the country. I don't live in Vegas, unfortunately, but I've been there during NAB, and outside, on the sidewalks leading to the convention center, there are people slapping flyers for strip clubs and handing them to you. Apparently the city code states that they can't speak, but they hand out flyers by the thousands. Any chance Ron Paul supporters could do the same thing during CES?

NeoRon
01-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Well... I guess we could, but the allowable sidewalk spots are pretty crowded and it's a tough gig, standing there with our south-of-the-border friends, thwacking a stack of Ron Paul slim-jims at passers-by. CES attendees might be confused.

I think strategically placed signs would be more effective. Canvassing local precincts is probably the best individual action anyone could perform at this point. The only thing that matters in Nevada is getting Ron Paul supporters to the caucus on Jan. 19th.

Where are those banner-towing Ron Paul Air Force guys when you need them?

Larry_for_Paul
01-07-2008, 04:28 AM
How is Nevada looking? Are we in for a shot or do we have another complicated caucus ahead of us?

NeoRon
01-07-2008, 04:38 AM
How is Nevada looking? Are we in for a shot or do we have another complicated caucus ahead of us?

Here's what a local political analyst predicts:

"Barack Obama will parlay momentum from Iowa and New Hampshire, and the Culinary Union endorsement, into a victory in the Nevada caucus. Hillary Clinton will be second and a fading John Edwards third.

Mitt Romney will win Nevada but his wounded campaign won't convince anyone it matters after his string of defeats. Ron Paul will shock Rudy Giuliani and John McCain and take second."

Unfortunately, in a winner-take-all state like Nevada, 2nd place is the same as last.

See "The Silver State - what we're up against - please read" thread.

Edu
01-07-2008, 04:58 AM
the Culinary Union endorsement

You would think they would vote Ron Paul all the way (taxes on tips).

Larry_for_Paul
01-07-2008, 05:14 AM
See "The Silver State - what we're up against - please read" thread.

HOLLYWOOD
01-07-2008, 10:32 AM
You would think they would vote Ron Paul all the way (taxes on tips).

But we haven't seen ANY STRATEGIES to capitalize on this by the Campaign Staff. Everyone at the meeting was wonder, where's the Campaign Staff? We even contacted and sent this vital subject to the Campaign Staff...

NO ONE... NONE of US received a REPLY or follow-up from ANY RP Campaign official/staffer.

Edu
01-08-2008, 03:48 AM
If you go to Vegas and tip anyone, include a Ron Paul card or "slim jim" with your tip (something that quickly talks about no taxes on tips).
I don't think you could get in too much trouble handing "slim jims" to the bartenders as you pass by.
I wouldn't hand them to change booth or cashier cage people, security might get the wrong idea about that.
If you had a pocket full of paper clips, you could attach the flier to your tip.