PDA

View Full Version : I BEG THE SUPPORTERS: come to consensus on 1 HUGE money bomb and make it HUGE!!!!

dvictr
01-07-2008, 12:57 AM
The two money bombs have been the defining factor in garnering media coverage and bringing credibility to the campaign... It is the reason Ron Paul has the greatest Grass Roots following ever, because the message is about free markets and civil liberites...

As the core of the grassroots online effort RIGHT HERE on ronpaulforums.com WE must consolidate our efforts to have another fundraising drive that makes FOX NEWS and the rest of the MSM say AMAZING AMAZING..I BEG YOU, I BEG YOU... please consolidate all the efforts into one Money Bomb....

ERASE the mlk bomb and all the other mini bombs... LETS go with the 17th www.BENJAMINSFORPAUL.com

ONE MONEY BOMB... HUGE donation total, record number of donors

FSP-Rebel
01-07-2008, 12:59 AM
I concur...

quantized
i have been nagging these people too. There was a recent poll and it seems people favor Jan17 (BenFranklin day... see my signature) more than Jan21st.

dvictr
"December 29, 2007

The Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire primary are only a few days
away. Wyoming, Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina, Florida and Maine will
soon follow. But on February 5th, nearly 20 other states will hold
their contests on the same day! That's right. In just six short weeks,
the Republican nominee for president will likely be determined.

As Wikipedia explains: "In the Spring of 2007, upwards of 20 states
with over half the delegates to the national conventions moved to change
their primary dates to 5 February 2008, creating the largest 'Super
Tuesday' to date. Newswriters and political pundits have noted that this
will dwarf the Super Tuesday primaries in previous cycles, creating a
'Giga Tuesday' or 'Super Duper Tuesday.'"

A year's worth of work is coming down to the next several weeks.
Victory can be ours. But we must triple our efforts and triple the amount
of money raised right away.

To run radio and television ads in 20 states simultaneously will cost a
fortune. Not to mention the cost of voter contact mailings to those
20 states. And then there is the cost of contacting hundreds of
thousands of people by phone. All of this, plus other projects, will cost
$23 million more than we presently have in the bank.

The progress we've made in 11 months is phenomenal. The dedication,
creativity, generosity, and just plain hard work by you and tens of
thousands of other Americans have already made history.

But we are not finished making history! First, Ron Paul becomes the
Republican nominee. Second, Dr. Paul becomes President Paul. Third,
our country becomes America again.

The time is now. Please make your most generous donation today."

dvictr
01-07-2008, 01:00 AM
i have been nagging these people too. There was a recent poll and it seems people favor Jan17 (BenFranklin day... see my signature) more than Jan21st.

one or the other website organizers must concede

smartguy911
01-07-2008, 01:01 AM
People need to donate on Jan 17 and stick with Ron Paul Pay Day. Try to reach $6-$7 million on Jan 17 and keep steady flow of money with Ron Paul Pay Day.

jrich4rpaul
01-07-2008, 01:03 AM
I beg we don't make the Free At Last one the big one. The pledge is 10 dollars. Even if we have record amounts of donors, we won't make a dime because people will only donate the bare minimum. Even if we have Dec 16th numbers (50,000+ donors) it will be a 500k day.

We need much, much more than that. I'm for having the MLK day, but against it being the big moneybomb.

StudentForPaul08
01-07-2008, 01:06 AM
I say we have a 100$ mass donation day. But let there be time. Make it official, not an obscure fund raising day.

JustBcuz
01-07-2008, 01:09 AM
I beg we don't make the Free At Last one the big one. The pledge is 10 dollars. Even if we have record amounts of donors, we won't make a dime because people will only donate the bare minimum. Even if we have Dec 16th numbers (50,000+ donors) it will be a 500k day.

We need much, much more than that. I'm for having the MLK day, but against it being the big moneybomb.

Agreed.

And while I'm not against the MLK day for any particular reason, I think enough people here are that it makes sense to choose the Franklin date over it.

UNLESS...we can turn it into some kind of a competition...And see who can make the most dough, and use that to get all fired up about. ;)

dvictr
01-07-2008, 01:09 AM
OK ok... then we need to get MLK bomb from taking pledges... benjamins for paul and remove the mlk bomb website

Trigonx
01-07-2008, 01:10 AM
the 17th needs to get some real backing quickly, or else that option will be off the table considering the time left til the 17th.

dvictr
01-07-2008, 01:12 AM
my point is that when there is anticipation for ONE money bomb (benjaminsforpaul) the same type of atomospher around the internet can create the same or greater buzz... the moneybomb needs to be promoted on all social networking sites and have emails go out accross all mailing lists

quantized
01-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Guys! We need to work together to get these people here to rally for Jan17. Everything will be too late after that. The campaign needs the money for SuperTuesday. Else everything will be over. Let us work hard to persuade people. Get Trevor to help us.

rwl4
01-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Agreed! Let's make this happen!

RonPaulFever
01-07-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm all about the Benjamins for Paul money bomb.....the MLK one not so much, but I still signed up for it. MLK is a controversial figure for reasons already mentioned on this forum, but everybody loves Ben Franklin!

kushaze
01-07-2008, 01:18 AM
In all fairness I say we scrap both days, and go with a different moneybomb day. Both these days divided us and left a bad taste in our mouths. We need something fresh. I also don't think its fair that Trevor gets to decide what moneybomb day to go with because he has the email list (I wasn't pleased with the email I got from the teaparty that supported freeatlast).

greves
I hate to be a naysayer and you guys should do what you want - but the campaign needs the money NOW. The 17th is only 3 weeks away from the Big Day. We CANNOT wait until then if we want to run a national campaign. Every poster in this thread is planning to donate, I assume? Get out your credit card, and donate RIGHT NOW.

dvictr
Guys! We need to work together to get these people here to rally for Jan17. Everything will be too late after that. The campaign needs the money for SuperTuesday. Else everything will be over. Let us work hard to persuade people. Get Trevor to help us.

bump

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 01:19 AM
In all fairness I say we scrap both days, and go with a different moneybomb day. Both these days divided us and left a bad taste in our mouths. We need something fresh. I also don't think its fair that Trevor gets to decide what moneybomb day to go with because he has the email list (I wasn't pleased with the email I got from the teaparty that supported freeatlast).

no time for that... hardly anyone is getting behind either money bomb...

dvictr
01-07-2008, 01:22 AM
the market forces are sending a message and it doesnt look good...

emeriste
01-07-2008, 01:29 AM
Absolutely agree. Pull everything except the Benjamins for Paul. Everything else is a distraction that dilutes the effort. At the same time, I am sympathetic to the project at RonPaulsPayDay.com since I think it doesn't compete with any one day push. The idea at Ron Paul's Payday is that everyone agree to give 25 dollars every week.

If you want another Money Bomb to be big enough to get any attention it should be (1) Concentrated on January 17th and (2) WE MUST GET THE MOST talented video producers in the revolution to start promoting it as they did the tea party (those videos were a large part of how I got off the fence and really became involved).

www.WeLoveFreedom.com

RP-Republican
01-07-2008, 01:35 AM
We are at the voting stage if you have money you can donate then donate it then get out and find voters, get people registered Republican and follow up with them to make sure they actually show up to vote. Sitting around thinking money bombs are going to win this is ridicules. Huckabee just kicked our butts in Iowa and he has a fraction of the money Ron Paul has.

Get DVDs for 25 cents each to help canvassing efforts
http://www.ronpaulreveres.com/

Get ads in local papers
http://www.ads4ronpaul.com/

Copy some of the things Jefferson County did to win a county in Iowa
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=78817

jrich4rpaul
01-07-2008, 02:15 AM
www.RonPaulsPayDay.com for a weekly, consistant boost

www.BenjaminsForPaul.com for the big one

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 02:55 AM
Heres my 2 cents.. We need money now and we need a lot. The only way I see possible is if we start some type of week-long money bomb. First off we need a fresh idea that everyone can get excited about. We would start this on the day of the Primary in NH because these forums will be PACKED(like the last primary). We need start a 7-day money bomb and start it with a first good day(Jan 8 primary day) with the intentions of not stopping it for a week or maybe a few less days(That can be decided). By starting on the 8th with the forums packed it would be possible for a huge amount of people to hear about it and others will have plenty of time to participate and find out about it. Imagine if we picked up 500k the primary day, then 500k for every day after(or more) as more and more hear about the plan. As it went on we could decide what actions to take. This seems like the only way and it would end before these money-bomb dates even come up. When they do arrive people can also donate again(if possible) and new people will help out as well. This would only work if we all planned it together and we had the right day to begin. Jan 8th is our day and the results from NH can boost this (Also attract new-comers). I believe something like this is the only way to get the money we need and in time. It is critical that we take advantage of the fact these forums will be packed to record levels on Jan 8th.

damon04
01-07-2008, 02:57 AM
How about donating any and all you can at the moment you are able to!! They need money now not later, and we aren't going to raise 6mil again in 1 day.. it is time to hit the streets and keep the money flowing rather than wait to give it to them!!

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 03:01 AM
Sigh I wish it was that simple but it's not. It needs to be organized. On Jan 8th if we already have something planned while the forums are packed to record levels AND we place well in NH this can work...

xexkxex
01-07-2008, 03:02 AM
Give HQ $$$ now...every week...

http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

Nothing big will happen in 10 days....a few more weeks are needed for something big....

Nothing has gone viral....and 10 days is not enough time to even match the 5th of Nov.

HQ needs money now....stop holding out for money bombs.

If you are going to do one....PLAN for it...don't announce it 2-3 weeks in advance and not already have videos ready...pffft...

But what do I know....I'm maxed and straying away from the board....I'll be on the streets

...just my $0.02...

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 03:06 AM
Give HQ $$$ now...every week...

http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

Nothing big will happen in 10 days....a few more weeks are needed for something big....

Nothing has gone viral....and 10 days is not enough time to even match the 5th of Nov.

HQ needs money now....stop holding out for money bombs.

If you are going to do one....PLAN for it...don't announce it 2-3 weeks in advance and not already have videos ready...pffft...

But what do I know....I'm maxed and straying away from the board....I'll be on the streets

...just my $0.02...

That is not working.. it has been at 8000$ for days.. We need a fresh plan people can get excited about. There will already been tons of excitement on Jan 8th primary day especially after the results. The forums will be filled to new records.. we need to take advantage of it this time. That's exactly what this plan would do, especially if announced all over in this day before the primary. It's simple donate on the day of the primary and don't stop for a week! It would be wise to divide donations if you want to donate on different days but even that isn't necessary as more donations will come each day as more hear about the plan. Especially all the people joining after we shock them in NH.

emeriste
01-07-2008, 03:12 AM
If this community has it's heart set on money bombs then you do need to concentrate on one day without other days diluting it. The most logical day to rally around would be Jan 17th. No later than that, certainly, because we cannot afford the luxury of waiting. The primaries will be over very soon!

However, as I listen to the arguments, I am increasingly of the opinion that these money bombs are an idea whose time and value has come and gone. What exactly is the latent purpose of a money bomb? Is it to attract media attention? To do that we will have to continuously top our best efforts. Which is not realistic or fair to people who are already giving everything they can. Is it to finance the campaign? If that is what it is, then really you should donate RIGHT NOW as much as you can. I don't think everyone is appreciating how soon this is all going to be over. If you are going to compete in races that are going to be held 3 or 4 weeks from now, you need to be making the ads and spending the money right now!

I think the greatest benefit of the money bombs were that they raise awareness and credibility for Dr. Paul. The laws of marginal utility are not going to allow us to continue going to that well. What Dr. Paul needs NOW is a dependable and steady cash flow. Therefore, I urge everyone to consider www.RonPaulsPayDay.com and pledge a fixed amount that you will give every Friday.

Frankly there are also opportunity costs to consider. Money that we send to the official campaign cannot be sent to keep the blimp flying or any of a number of other imaginative unofficial efforts. And, for as much as I love Dr. Paul and passionately support his message, I find myself a bit disappointed in the lack of agility and creativity from Ron Paul's campaign managers.

These are just my thoughts. Like everything else in this revolution, if any of them appeal to you, please pass them along. www.WeLoveFreedom.com

NYgs23
01-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Benjamins has a lot less pledges. If you think its best, pledge there and that will help it grow momentum.

Pledges = momentum for moneybomb

NYgs23
01-07-2008, 03:16 AM
I hate to say it, but it might be difficult to get much of anything great going until the campaign starts making great showings in the primaries. That's what people are waiting for now.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 03:17 AM
I hate to say it, but it might be difficult to get much of anything great going until the campaign starts making great showings in the primaries. That's what people are waiting for now.

Exactly ;) The primary day in NH will be a great day to start this. If we do well it will do great.. if not well.. then we're in trouble, because we need a good placing in NH. We can't miss the opportunity of having these forums packed, we need to give people something to do while they are here. That of course would be kicking off our first 7day money-bomb which could easily get people excited and will leave others plenty of time to hear about and join in on.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 03:30 AM
If this community has it's heart set on money bombs then you do need to concentrate on one day without other days diluting it. The most logical day to rally around would be Jan 17th. No later than that, certainly, because we cannot afford the luxury of waiting. The primaries will be over very soon!

However, as I listen to the arguments, I am increasingly of the opinion that these money bombs are an idea whose time and value has come and gone. What exactly is the latent purpose of a money bomb? Is it to attract media attention? To do that we will have to continuously top our best efforts. Which is not realistic or fair to people who are already giving everything they can. Is it to finance the campaign? If that is what it is, then really you should donate RIGHT NOW as much as you can. I don't think everyone is appreciating how soon this is all going to be over. If you are going to compete in races that are going to be held 3 or 4 weeks from now, you need to be making the ads and spending the money right now!

I think the greatest benefit of the money bombs were that they raise awareness and credibility for Dr. Paul. The laws of marginal utility are not going to allow us to continue going to that well. What Dr. Paul needs NOW is a dependable and steady cash flow. Therefore, I urge everyone to consider www.RonPaulsPayDay.com and pledge a fixed amount that you will give every Friday.

Frankly there are also opportunity costs to consider. Money that we send to the official campaign cannot be sent to keep the blimp flying or any of a number of other imaginative unofficial efforts. And, for as much as I love Dr. Paul and passionately support his message, I find myself a bit disappointed in the lack of agility and creativity from Ron Paul's campaign managers.

These are just my thoughts. Like everything else in this revolution, if any of them appeal to you, please pass them along. www.WeLoveFreedom.com

As I said above.. that just isn't working. It hasn't excited people.. A 7 day money-bomb starting on the day of the Primary in NH when this place will be packed and when we do great in NH(I think) could work and get the excitement we need. This is because so many would hear about and can spread the word also it would be timed for when new supporters will be flooding in(Assuming we surprise everyone in NH). With the loyal supporters donating on the first day, and more and more old supporters/new supporters hearing about it and joining in the next days it could grow huge. Making it several days in a row will ensure almost nobody who wants to donate will miss it. It would be a huge mis-step on our parts not to take advantage of the thousands who will be on the forums on the 8th.

pacelli
01-07-2008, 03:36 AM
As I said above.. that just isn't working. It hasn't excited people.. A 7 day money-bomb starting on the day of the Primary in NH when this place will be packed and when we do great in NH(I think) could work and get the excitement we need. This is because so many would hear about and can spread the word also it would be timed for when new supporters will be flooding in(Assuming we surprise everyone in NH). With the loyal supporters donating on the first day, and more and more old supporters/new supporters hearing about it and joining in the next days it could grow huge. Making it several days in a row will ensure almost nobody who wants to donate will miss it. It would be a huge mis-step on our parts not to take advantage of the thousands who will be on the forums on the 8th.

That is a very good idea. Immediately start picking up donations as soon as we begin getting word from the ground troops. We'll need to keep those threads bumped and whatever else to make it go viral.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 03:47 AM
That is a very good idea. Immediately start picking up donations as soon as we begin getting word from the ground troops. We'll need to keep those threads bumped and whatever else to make it go viral.

Thank you! The idea just came to me.. I was trying to think of a real plan that people can actually be excited about. Those who think that NH will have good results can donate early just to get it going, but the majority if they wish can wait and then get this thing started. This biggest problem with Nov 5th and Dec 16th money bomb's was the simple fact that they ended after 24hours. A week long money-bomb would have plenty of time to gather attention (especially starting on a day like Jan 8th) and as more learn about it each day it could show better results. This would of course only work if everyone spreads the plan today so people know what we're doing.

fireworks_god
01-07-2008, 03:49 AM
No moneybombs! Local South Carolina advertising and projects only!

eric_cartman
01-07-2008, 03:55 AM
i agree. we need to pick one money bomb and stick with it.

what about trying to get the official campaign involved? let's try and get the official campaign on board with this one, since that will let everyone know that this is the next real money bomb.

again, as a canadian, i want to thank all the ron paul supporters out there. you guys are great! keep up the good work.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 04:17 AM
The money-bombs are too late unfortunately. Keep the money-bombs but we need something now as well. Eric.. did you even read my master plan..? J/k.. but it might actually work. :)
We need to at the least do something on Jan 8th (Tomorrow). There will be tons of excitement as people anticipate the results and if we do manage to do well it will be insane. We need to use the excitement and mass amount of people who will be at the forums to do something! It would be a mistake not to.

smartguy911
01-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Support -

Jan 8th Money Bomb
Jan 17th Money Bomb
Ron Paul Pay Day

soon it will be Feb and you can sit on your ass and say damn what happen. To be honest, i don't see how we can reach 23 million by Jan 25th.

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 04:27 AM

unfortunately too, because I would hate to see this movement come to an end if we dont get top 3 in NH...

Dave Pedersen
01-07-2008, 04:32 AM
No moneybombs! Local South Carolina advertising and projects only!

Yes we need to funnel our money directly into South Carolina. Running it though HQ is not going to accomplish nearly as much as doing this ourselves. Newspaper advertising is working and the airplane banners are also cost effective. HQ will not be able to spend a huge chunk of cash as well as 50,000 individuals. The manpower is right where you are sitting, why dump the money elsewhere when it can go to work right now? Use your funds in South Carolina in whatever fashion you think best. A multiplicity of attack is far better and more will get accomplished. We MUST WIN South Carolina. Think what two or three or four million dollars can accomplish in that single state.

It is time for all of us to spend our own money as we see fit.
Decentralize and believe in freedom.

Oliver
01-07-2008, 04:56 AM
I say we have a 100$ mass donation day. But let there be time. Make it official, not an obscure fund raising day.

+1

DanielDeibler
01-07-2008, 05:11 AM
bump

LibertyForAll
01-07-2008, 05:19 AM

Absolutely a Great Idea.....have a 7-day moneybomb event, promote it and make it happen....too many too many too many "events" going on that it is so confusing. I want to donate again but I want it to be a part of a HUGE effort, so my little $25 voice can join in with many many others for the SAME event. Please lets all get on the same page for a fund-raising event.

Rebel Resource
01-07-2008, 05:39 AM
From Benjamin to King would be the 17th to the 21st (Thurs-Mon)

Target = $10m

the two moneybombs need to start talking....they can be separate websites but they need to both acknowledge some kind of agreement.

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Absolutely a Great Idea.....have a 7-day moneybomb event, promote it and make it happen....too many too many too many "events" going on that it is so confusing. I want to donate again but I want it to be a part of a HUGE effort, so my little $25 voice can join in with many many others for the SAME event. Please lets all get on the same page for a fund-raising event.

Well I need help promoting it. We have 1 day until these forums will be packed and we can reach thousands who will tell others and so on... We have to make this plan go viral between now and then if you guys want to actually try this plan out. I personally think it could be huge.. this is worth a try. Regardless we need to take advantage and do something on Jan 8th.. but I think a 7 day money bomb is something people will get behind (plus it gives other time to find out about it).

tsetsefly
01-07-2008, 05:43 AM
From Benjamin to King would be the 17th to the 21st (Thurs-Mon)

Target = $10m

the two moneybombs need to start talking....they can be separate websites but they need to both acknowledge some kind of agreement.

that is a great idea unite the 2 money bombs make it a weekend money bomb!

NerveShocker
01-07-2008, 05:47 AM
that is a great idea unite the 2 money bombs make it a weekend money bomb!

I like that idea also. That's way off from now though, we need to take the opportunity and start something big on Jan 8th.

Xepa
01-07-2008, 05:50 AM
There's not enough coordination to get anything near the 4.2 or 6 million dollar money bombs. Don't try with the media attention; just focus on giving RP money.

BeFranklin
01-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes we need to funnel our money directly into South Carolina. Running it though HQ is not going to accomplish nearly as much as doing this ourselves. Newspaper advertising is working and the airplane banners are also cost effective. HQ will not be able to spend a huge chunk of cash as well as 50,000 individuals. The manpower is right where you are sitting, why dump the money elsewhere when it can go to work right now? Use your funds in South Carolina in whatever fashion you think best. A multiplicity of attack is far better and more will get accomplished. We MUST WIN South Carolina. Think what two or three or four million dollars can accomplish in that single state.

It is time for all of us to spend our own money as we see fit.
Decentralize and believe in freedom.

I think we should try both. An individual ad bomb placement the 11th and a money bomb the 17th. The ad bomb should bring in more donations itself from people reading them. Ad bomb should go for concerned citizen letters, all different! in newspapers across the land.

sirachman
01-07-2008, 05:49 PM
If Ron is going to win he needs money and the only way we have been able to give him money has been with money bombs. People like to be a part of something and so money bombs work. Lets have another 6-7 money bombs and raise that 23 million Paul says he needs!!!

EvilNight
01-07-2008, 06:11 PM
I have to agree, go with the Ben Franklin money bomb. It's the safe bet.

romeshomey
01-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I've been considering giving my maximum donation amount using my federal tax return. Haven't decided yet. Will decide soon though, filing on January 11th and should get my return back within 2 weeks from then.

I think we should do a "Tax Returns for Ron Paul' and take that money from going back into the economy (which is what the IRS wants) and give it to Ron Paul instead.

slantedview
01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
OK ok... then we need to get MLK bomb from taking pledges... benjamins for paul and remove the mlk bomb website

why not two bomgs? the MLK bomb is just $10 minimum each. we can do that one too.

Son of Freedom
01-07-2008, 06:42 PM
This doesn't have to be planned people, we all know where to donate. Paul surprises the nation, the nation responds. IMO that is the best way to do it. The campaign needs the money now, not next week or later. The buzz will make it all happen. No better time to hit the pocketbook or wallet than while someone is on a high. <--FACT