PDA

View Full Version : Will We Fail in Our Efforts? Will We Falter in Our Resolve?

gb13
01-07-2008, 12:43 AM
My friends, I ask you to ignore minutia for a moment, and read these words of urgency.

We need to stop for a minute, and think about what we have done. We have accomplished greatness in so little time. We have endured a media blackout, managed to dominate the world of the internet, beaten all U.S. political fund raising records, and transformed a no-name congressman into a serious presidential contender.

With our country hanging in the balance, we are on the foothills of the most important election in, perhaps, our nations history. Mark my words: We will never get another chance at this. We will never get another chance at restoring the constitutional republic that made America the envy of the world.

We need to get back our solidarity; we need to regain our definiteness of purpose. We need to stop worrying about who said what about who, and cease chatting about who isn't being nice to Dr. Paul, or what news channel is the most biased, etc, etc. Each on of us became a Ron Paul supporter despite what went on in the media. I know that when I found out about Ron Paul, the media's treatment of him was considerably worse than it is now. But as soon as I heard that message, my life was changed. I don't even watch TV anymore. I'm sure it happened the same way for many of you. People know the message is real when they hear it - So real, in fact, that they spring in to action. That is something the media will never be able to prevent. That is what puts us ahead of all the others in terms of grassroots action - When we wake up, we don't go back to sleep.

But, in this day, there are so many obstacles facing us. There is complication at every turn, struggle with every step. I know it is easy to become distracted when there is so much to do with so little time. I have fallen victim to preoccupation also. But our "little experiment in self-governance" will die right here in its infancy if we don't fuel the wildfire that is this revolution. And our furnace is burning low.

Ron Paul's message will not be able to spread at the accelerated rate necessary now without our continued donations. It is simply impossible. We need the campaign to help us spread the word at rates impossible to achieve on our own. You know as well as I that in order for the campaign to do that, the campaign needs our money. They need consistent sustenance in the form of our generous donations. This is the endgame of phase one, and in order for us to come out victorious, we must not falter even for a second.

We must all donate at once. I just donated $25 dollars. It's not much, but it is something, and its all I can afford right now. If more people realize the direness of our situation, and match my donation, it will add up quickly. Will you join me? Will you help me help this revolution continue to flourish?

PimpBlimp
01-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah, and instead of trying to bring the behemoth news corp down how about we print out flyers and stick them everywhere humanly possible.

tpreitzel
01-07-2008, 12:48 AM
You should bump your thread periodically as I fully intend to do the same with mine. The time has elapsed for commentary on the fund raising process. The time to donate is now!

slamhead
01-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah but it is late at night and when you spent the day doing productive Ron Paul things it is the fun part of supporting Ron Paul, coming here and letting off a little steam. You can't blame us. We are working hard....least some of us are.

RonPaulFever
01-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Inspiring words. I just donated my last $5.

Ron2Win
01-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Today I put 1 pack of Abortion Slim Jims at my local Catholic church.

gb13
01-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Inspiring words. I just donated my last $5.

Thank You!!

gb13
01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Shameless bump.

Elwar
01-07-2008, 06:16 PM
We will win.

Laja
01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
gb13, thanks so much for this post. i've been thinking of quitting ronpaulforums as I awoke this morning having an anxiety attack because of all the hateful messages on here and all the negative threads. in fact, it affected me so deeply that I was too down to go out and canvass.

I want to keep going, but I don't know that I have the stomach for all this infighting, name calling, blaming, and reporting all the negative press. I need positive inspiration each day, which is why I head to www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com. There I find articles that support our candidate and help inspire me to continue campaigning for Ron Paul.

Please keep up the positive messages. BTW, my partner and I both maxed out on the teaparty donation, so we don't have that kind of donating fun anymore. Thanks, gb!

tcmaroc
01-07-2008, 06:51 PM
bump

pacelli
01-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Dig deep. The war is on.

kill the banks
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
>Will you join me? Will you help me help this revolution continue to flourish?<

we're all brothers and sisters ~ get the family together now and the long run

ron paul is our center ~ don't quit on him , he will surprise you yet

this is a war of ideas and ours are constitutional !!!!

kill the banks

Yom
01-07-2008, 07:02 PM
@Laja: Try donating to one of the grassroots programs. We have several good ones in need of money.

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

http://www.ronpaulaircorps.com/

Local Newspaper Bomb in SC (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=76978)

LukeNM
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but did we not just start creating some steam at the end of the 3rd Quarter (3 months ago) when the campaign asked for $500K and they got over $1M? Try to remind people of this whenever you get the chance…

gb13
01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
gb13, thanks so much for this post. i've been thinking of quitting ronpaulforums as I awoke this morning having an anxiety attack because of all the hateful messages on here and all the negative threads. in fact, it affected me so deeply that I was too down to go out and canvass.

I want to keep going, but I don't know that I have the stomach for all this infighting, name calling, blaming, and reporting all the negative press. I need positive inspiration each day, which is why I head to www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com. There I find articles that support our candidate and help inspire me to continue campaigning for Ron Paul.

Please keep up the positive messages. BTW, my partner and I both maxed out on the teaparty donation, so we don't have that kind of donating fun anymore. Thanks, gb!

Thank you for your generosity to Dr. Paul, Laja. I'm glad I have helped restore your Faith in the revolution. And thank you for your link, also. I'll check it out.

gb13
01-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Bump