PDA

View Full Version : Help with question about Obama??

Indy Vidual
01-06-2008, 10:55 PM
If media-superstar Obama really has "people lined up three blocks or more to get into his NH events" (quote from cable TV), then why did his Nov 'money bomb' fall flat?
His "mass donation day" was a huge embarrassment with a very small total.

I understand he's officially raised mega-millions overall, but how?
How does someone who has (supposedly) raised over $70 Million, fail to make even close to $100,000 on a "grass-roots" money-bomb?

Something doesn't add up.
Are his HUGE LIVE CROWDS refusing to donate (on that one day), or are they busing in homeless people and college students from all over the East Coast? (to make him look popular) :eek:

Catatonic
01-06-2008, 11:06 PM
If media-superstar Obama really has "people lined up three blocks or more to get into his NH events" (quote from cable TV), then why did his Nov 'money bomb' fall flat?
His "mass donation day" was a huge embarrassment with a very small total.

I understand he's officially raised mega-millions overall, but how?
How does someone who has (supposedly) raised over $70 Million, fail to make even close to $100,000 on a "grass-roots" money-bomb?

Something doesn't add up.
Are his HUGE LIVE CROWDS refusing to donate (on that one day), or are they busing in homeless people and college students from all over the East Coast? (to make him look popular) :eek:

They were probably in line for free pizza?

RonPaulFever
01-06-2008, 11:46 PM
they were handing out gubmint checks

Corydoras
01-06-2008, 11:49 PM
For a moneybomb to work, large numbers of people have to have enough initiative to believe, "if it is to be, it is up to me." That is not the spirit of Obama's campaign.

heath.whiteaker
01-06-2008, 11:49 PM
well.... my comment would have been politically incorrect

Indy Vidual
01-06-2008, 11:50 PM
* The ~$70 Million ++ (overall) had to come from somewhere, where?
* If he has HUGE crowds, why can't he raise even close to 100K in one day?? :confused:

heath.whiteaker
01-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Check this out (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/summary.asp?ID=N00009638&Cycle=2008) Maybe that will help

heath.whiteaker
01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
also this CLICKY (http://www.miamifly.net/interactive/campaign/index.php?search=contrib&candidate=RON+PAUL+2008+PRESIDENTIAL+CAMPAIGN+COMM ITTEE+-+C00432914&lastQual=starts+with&last=&firstQual=starts+with&first=&occupationQual=starts+with&occupation=&employerQual=starts+with&employer=&addressQual=starts+with&address=&cityQual=starts+with&city=Frostproof&stateQual=starts+with&state=fl&submit=Search&pos=0)