PDA

View Full Version : Wife said she thinks Romney LOOKS more like a president...

bingo23
01-06-2008, 10:54 PM
so she is voting for him...I said no, ya voting for Paul ya ewe...no democracy in this house. When we all have it...so can you.;)

Seanmc30
01-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, thats what counts really.

I have an idea, lets throw Lindsay Lohan on the ballot and see how she polls (no pun intended).

LiberalDemForRP
01-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Not sure if this is the right folder this post should be in...

Ron Paul Fan
01-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately this is what America has turned into. My sister said the other day that she was voting for Hillary just because she's a woman.

ConstitutionGal
01-06-2008, 11:03 PM
C'mon..some of you aren't trying hard enough. EVERYBODY in my family is voting for Ron Paul right down to the nieces and nephews. As an added bonus, all of them have been converting THEIR friends and making sure they're all registered to vote! TALK TALK TALK folks. You CAN DO IT!

noztnac
01-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Tell her she's confused. Romney looks like a game show host. I think he'd make a great replacement for Bob Barker.

Seanmc30
01-06-2008, 11:04 PM
C'mon..some of you aren't trying hard enough. EVERYBODY in my family is voting for Ron Paul right down to the nieces and nephews. As an added bonus, all of them have been converting THEIR friends and making sure they're all registered to vote! TALK TALK TALK folks. You CAN DO IT!

Thats what Ive been doing and now Ive got my Mom, Sister, Brother-in-law....still working on Dad.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Looks can be deceiving. I suppose Criss Angel really can levitate because it LOOKS like he can.

smartguy911
01-06-2008, 11:09 PM
my friends are voting for obama because he is a good speaker

ConstitutionGal
01-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Thats what Ive been doing and now Ive got my Mom, Sister, Brother-in-law....still working on Dad.

My mom (76) was the hardest sell. She's a Faux News/Rush Limbaugh type and was buying into the "Ron Paul is going to throw all the folks on Social Security out in the street" garbage. We sat her down at our computer and qued up the Google interview and then a couple of shorter interviews just for good measure and now she's hooked and loves Dr. Paul. As a matter of fact, she made the first TWO political donations in her LIFE to Dr. Paul for the 5th and 16th money bombs!! If my mom can be won over - most anyone can who isn't completely comatose!! -- those folks will, of course, be voting for who they think's the cutest or most likely to win. I'm not wasting too much time on those folks - they're lost causes and the American Revolution was won with a much small percentage of the population than we already have on board!!

Andrew-Austin
01-06-2008, 11:12 PM
my friends are voting for obama because he is a good speaker

Thats pretty much the main reason why he is so popular..

OptionsTrader
01-06-2008, 11:14 PM
In 1999 and 2000, Bush looked presidential.

wildflower
01-06-2008, 11:18 PM
I got my mom, my sister and my cousin. I don't know about my dad (we usually disagree on everything) and i'm still working on my aunts and uncles and other relatives. :)

buffalokid777
01-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Tell her she's confused. Romney looks like a game show host. I think he'd make a great replacement for Bob Barker.

I think your confused....Romney is too 2nd tier for Price is Right......

Seems like more of a mid season replacement as a host on Temptations......Ross the intern should be his co-host......

robo1415
01-06-2008, 11:34 PM
We need to educate a generation of Americans NOT to vote on STYLE but on SUBSTANCE!...

heath.whiteaker
01-06-2008, 11:39 PM
ask her if this picture makes her think differently?
http://www.emmaushosting.net/f1-1.jpg

Corydoras
01-06-2008, 11:42 PM
How in the world did you end up being married to someone who thinks like that?

silus
01-06-2008, 11:53 PM
My family thinks he is crazy. And no, they are not open to entertain or rationalize the idea. When they do, their mind struggles and literally blocks the attempt to accept Ron Paul as a viable candidate. Whether Ron Paul is the truth or not is irrelevant. Some people are just unable to accept the options not in the mainstream.

StarKissed
01-07-2008, 12:02 AM
so she is voting for him...I said no, ya voting for Paul ya ewe...no democracy in this house. When we all have it...so can you.;)

Well Bingo, if you can't get her to understand, I'm afraid you're going to have to divorce her. <Just Kidding>

She'll come around before this is all over.

bgarrett
01-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Not sure if this is the right folder this post should be in...

I like LiberalDemForRP.

yeah, shes cute but I like her MESSAGE.

noiseordinance
01-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Romney = Used Car Salesman

Dr.3D
01-07-2008, 02:28 AM
Tell her he looks like the other fake presidents we have had for so long she just thinks a president should look that way. :D

WV Freedom Fighter
01-07-2008, 02:35 AM
Since when do you vote for somebody for what they look like? Or what their sex is?

What happened to voting for the person because of their beliefs and what they stand for?

noztnac
01-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Maybe Mitt should try out for host of the Newlywed Game

curiousobserver
01-07-2008, 02:38 AM

the truth of the matter is most people vote for the looks and their perception from the mass media rather than what the candidate has to say or researching them.

noztnac
01-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Some shit looks like a Baby Ruth Candy bar... But it's still shit.... just like Mitt.

AggieforPaul
01-07-2008, 02:40 AM
My dad is a neo-con, so I'm not bothering with him anymore. He likes Ron Paul's integrity and fiscal conservatism, but he's hopelessly in love with this war.

I think my grandfather is on board. He likes Ron Paul, but I dont think he usually votes in the primaries. He usually waits and supports whoever the Republicans nominate. I'm going to offer to drive him out to go vote and get some lunch on me tho. My sister doesn't care about the primaries, but I'll be buying her dinner in exchange for her vote. My mom is hard to gauge, but I think I can win her over. In fact, I know I can. She teaches at a private school, but even better, she used to teach special Ed. I plan on explaining that Ron Paul wants to eliminate the department of education and get rid of No Child Left Behind (she actually had douchebag administrators complaining that her SPECIAL ED kids weren't scoring high on standardized tests. She would get furious because she wanted to teach them how to tie their shoe and make a sandwich rather than how to fill out a stupid test that had no application to their life), and that he wants educators like her to be deciding how to run our schools rather than continuing down the path of central planning by inept bureaucrats. She too though doesn't usually vote in the primaries.

My grandmother doesn't really like politics all that much, but she always votes Republican because she's xenophobic (not that the GOP is xenophobic, but she thinks they are, I guess). I could probably tell her that Ron Paul DID write that newsletter, and I'd win her over (I'm not going to though. Instead I'll probably focus on his strong stance on border security, and his work as a medical professional. She worked in a hospital, so she can appreciate this)

literatim
01-07-2008, 02:42 AM
He looks like a used car salesman to me.

Dr.3D
01-07-2008, 03:54 AM
Have to wonder why people like war so much.

Conza88
01-07-2008, 03:58 AM

FOR THE WIN!

Pharoah
01-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Have to wonder why people like war so much.

I think it's all applied psychology - i.e. a result of successful brain-washing. Patriotism = Unconditional support for the troops. Send troops to war = unconditional support for troops - in a warzone. From there it's a small step to supporting any given war.

Captain Shays
01-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Its true. Romney does look more presidential. So does Edwards. We want the pretty hair cut crowd to lead us. We'll look good as our country is destroyed from within by bad policy and ignoring the Constitution. We'll be serfs to really pretty people and we'll feel great about it.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-07-2008, 10:24 AM
My wife's best friend is voting for Romney because "he's cute".

Richie
01-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Romney does not look Presidential. He looks like a ge-i-joe.

HOLLYWOOD
01-07-2008, 10:37 AM
This would be a great 1 hr special... THE MORONS of POLITICS...

Hosted by CNN's Wolf Boltzer or better yet... JACK CAFFERTY & LOU DOBBS...

Interview why people they voted for a particular Candidate and the Idiotic reasoning behind those morons votes.

StephenTC
01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately this is what America has turned into. My sister said the other day that she was voting for Hillary just because she's a woman.

*bangs head against wall*

CurtisLow
01-07-2008, 02:40 PM

lol!!!

Wife said she thinks Romney LOOKS more like a president...

Ok honey.. Go back watching your cartoons now.

Can you say divorce!

Kingfisher
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Romney looks like a CFR Neocon treasonous dirtbag.

bingo23
01-07-2008, 11:42 PM
no one noticed my female sheep reference =/