PDA

View Full Version : Our first attack ad?

PimpBlimp
01-06-2008, 10:47 PM
I just made this simple B&W newspaper ad for the southern states who are confused about the Huck's immigration history. Let us show them the light.:D

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb188/shamash_bucket/huckvsronad1.jpg

RonPaulVolunteer
01-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Reverse them. Always end with a positive.

PimpBlimp
01-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Reverse them. Always end with a positive.

Hmm didn't think about that, will do though.

mexicanpizza
01-06-2008, 10:53 PM
And put the "X"'s on the right under Huckster's pic.

Brad324
01-06-2008, 10:55 PM
"as president, Ron Paul would physically secure our borders"

I think that needs to be reworded. I can't get the vision out of my head of Ron Paul standing at the border, physically stopping everyone from crossing.

slamhead
01-06-2008, 10:57 PM
good job...make sure you upload your final to http://www.ads4paul.com

justinc.1089
01-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Sorry but we decided not to run attack ads against Huckabee here in the horry county meetup group for SC, sorry you didn't see my post about that. We are going to run some kind of ad appealing to Christian voters though, and run an ad that is an objective yes/no comparison of all the candidates, which I'm going to scan and upload. I'm doing so many different things right now I'm forgetting about some of them lol. I have to give someone on here a phone calling list first but after that I will scan my sorry drawing of what the flier looked like since I don't have it.:(

Cinnaboo
01-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Could you find something more relevant for the second knock against Huckster?

The children of illegal immigrants are US citizens. As long as that's true, they should be eligible for scholarships.

I am assuming that they're merely eligible, rather then preferred. Not up to speed on all Huck's policies.
I think that needs to be reworded. I can't get the vision out of my head of Ron Paul standing at the border, physically stopping everyone from crossing.Even worse, I see a big fuckin fence.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-06-2008, 11:07 PM
LMAO... did you photoshop Huck's eye even MORE ofter center? :)

N13
01-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I say we go after Fox.

Highstreet
01-06-2008, 11:09 PM
And put the "X"'s on the right under Huckster's pic.

and the checkmarks under Paul on the right.

PimpBlimp
01-06-2008, 11:10 PM

The children of illegal immigrants are US citizens. As long as that's true, they should be eligible for scholarships.

I am assuming that they're merely eligible, rather then preferred. Not up to speed on all Huck's policies.Even worse, I see a big fuckin fence.

Ron Paul is for repealing the 14th. And I got those immigration points directly off the website http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/border-security-and-immigration-reform/

Though a stronger 2nd point would be desirable. If anyone can dig one up I'll stick it in there.

enjoiskaterguy
01-06-2008, 11:12 PM
good job...make sure you upload your final to http://www.ads4paul.com

bump....yes, please do this. That way everyine can rub this ad in thier towns.

Myerz
01-06-2008, 11:19 PM
"as president, Ron Paul would physically secure our borders"....

I don't think I have ever heard him say anything about a fence (physically secure).
He has said over and over again about taking away the incentives for coming over and doing away with the welfare state.

Myerz
01-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Hey make the change you are going to make and kick down a pdf.

I will print what I can and I'll put them up everywhere!

We should do this with all our personal ads....make a PDF of them ( or something that will look good on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper......popular size? And just do a grassroots mass -distribution of everything to everyone everywhere where ever and when ever we can! woooo....I am out of breath!

jake
01-06-2008, 11:24 PM
the campaign should attack fox news for their assault on democracy.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Put the comparisons in separate columns. It makes them easier to read and also easier to distinguish from each other.

slantedview
01-06-2008, 11:32 PM
my only problem with this ad is the picture of huck is better than the picture of ron

ConstitutionGal
01-06-2008, 11:40 PM

I am assuming that they're merely eligible, rather then preferred. Not up to speed on all Huck's policies.Even worse, I see a big fuckin fence.

Actually, Huckabee was talking about ILLEGAL ALIEN minors, not merely the children of illegals. The ones he was concerned about were the ones that came here well after they were born but had already been in taxpayer funded schools for part of their lives. He wanted to give them in-state tuition rates even though a citizen student from Tennessee would have to pay the higher out-of-state tuition rate.

PimpBlimp
01-06-2008, 11:45 PM
my only problem with this ad is the picture of huck is better than the picture of ron

LOL, your joking right?

I will make all these changes some time tomorrow and try to make a .pdf file. Check back with this thread around 11:00 AM tomorrow for the update.

giskard
01-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Change the Ron Paul picture from an angry one to a smiling one.

And change the "secure our borders" to "address the economic, root cause of illegal immigration: welfare for illegals"

Ron2Win
01-06-2008, 11:50 PM
You guys didn't see the mailer?
RP is sneaky...

PimpBlimp
01-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Change the Ron Paul picture from an angry one to a smiling one.

And change the "secure our borders" to "address the economic, root cause of illegal immigration: welfare for illegals"

Yeah, I'll do that.

But the immigration points stay. That is what the anti-immigration folks want to hear and I pulled it directly from the website.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/border-security-and-immigration-reform/

Yom
01-07-2008, 12:08 AM

+1