PDA

View Full Version : Surprised by family

Son of Detroit
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I was at my Grandparent's house today with my dad as well as one of my Aunts.

I never talk politics with my dad, and have never mentioned my support for Ron Paul. I knew he's a Republican and voted for Bush in '00 and '04 but never asked for his opinion on 2008.

While we're all in the living room watching TV, the phone starts to ring and my Grandpa answers it. It was some polling company (name eludes me), and they we're polling about the election.

The voiced asked if you would vote for Mike Huckabee if your choices were McCain, Thompson, Giuliani, or Romney.

My Grandpa immediately said no and turned the phone off. He then said he'd only be voting for Ron Paul. My Aunt then said "Yea, he's the only credible one." and my dad also agreed.

I was just sitting there with my jaw on the ground. I never knew I wasn't the only one!

Soccrmastr
01-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Did you tell them about how much you support RP??

bbachtung
01-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Are these folks in Michigan (I ask because of your name)?

krott5333
01-06-2008, 09:23 PM
you haven't even expressed your support of RP to your immediate family?

that makes my jaw drop..

but cool story nonetheless

me3
01-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Please make sure you get their info to MI HQ so that they can be reminded to vote!

Go the extra step now, you have a friendly audience!

We have to turnout votes!!!

Akus
01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I was at my Grandparent's house today with my dad as well as one of my Aunts.

I never talk politics with my dad, and have never mentioned my support for Ron Paul. I knew he's a Republican and voted for Bush in '00 and '04 but never asked for his opinion on 2008.

While we're all in the living room watching TV, the phone starts to ring and my Grandpa answers it. It was some polling company (name eludes me), and they we're polling about the election.

The voiced asked if you would vote for Mike Huckabee if your choices were McCain, Thompson, Giuliani, or Romney.

My Grandpa immediately said no and turned the phone off. He then said he'd only be voting for Ron Paul. My Aunt then said "Yea, he's the only credible one." and my dad also agreed.

I was just sitting there with my jaw on the ground. I never knew I wasn't the only one!

Be sure to fuck up the voters' database, so we would end up in the 5th spot in Michigan, too.:rolleyes:

slantedview
01-06-2008, 09:32 PM
that's awesome :)