PDA

View Full Version : Why is edveryone hating on moneybombs?

AggieforPaul
01-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I get the idea that now is better than later, but the problem is that people arent donating Does anyone really believe we would have raised 19.75 mil w/o the bombs?

Jeremy
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
People donate on money bombs, so we should continue them. They are good to draw in more casual supporters who can be contacted on MySpace, Facebook, meetup, etc

NerveShocker
01-06-2008, 09:21 PM
This is why on the 8th we should do a Live free or Die (New Hampshire motto) money-bomb. It doesn't have to be organized since we haven't the time. Instead let's make it on the 8th and take advantage of the thousands who will be on the forums like the Iowa primary. 1 person can inform another and so on. Let's get a quick amount of cash in on the primary date.. everyone will already be excited, especially if we do well. We can keep the other money-bombs but let's make the 8th a huge day for us for more than funds raised and votes cast. ;)

Donate at www.RonPaul2008.com

dante
01-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Because the campaign needs the money now to compete fully in every super tuesday state. With all the media blackout of paul it takes more money to send extra mailings, buy extra tv & radio advertising slots to circumvent the media blackout and get Dr Paul's name id high enough for him to win super tuesday states. Money coming in Jan 20th is too late to be spent on super tuesday states. Hopefully he finishes top 3 in NH and everyone starts donating hard core immediately after that.
I repeat we cannot wait till the 20th.

Finn
01-06-2008, 09:28 PM
The reason is the official campaign isn't using the money like many want to. They are mostly incompetent.

If you have a moneybomb, have it for the grassroots.

RPatTheBeach
01-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Why? Because it gives money to the campaign that doesn't spend it.

walt
01-06-2008, 09:41 PM
this is one of many reasons
1) The campaign is not hiring people that can execute
2) the campaign is not buying media effectively
3) the campaign can't even get materials into the hands of motivated michigan people
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79036

TheHand
01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
No hate towards the money bombs. We have done GREAT things with the money bombs but now we need to find ways for sustained, predictable funding. We are in a new phase of the campaign. We made history with the bombs! People are now tapped out as far as big donation days. At least me anyway. Myself and I assume others are more comfortable with limited donations as we can. IMHO. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.ronpaultoolbar.com/index.shtml

literatim
01-06-2008, 10:14 PM
The reason is the official campaign isn't using the money like many want to. They are mostly incompetent.

If you have a moneybomb, have it for the grassroots.

If the campaign doesn't get money, Ron Paul will drop out. The campaign has requested $23 million, they didn't do it to be greedy.

corsairtro
01-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Donate To Grass Roots Projects

The Campaign Has Enough Money

RPatTheBeach
People are now tapped out as far as big donation days. At least me anyway.

I have $2300 sitting here, willing to be thrown at the campaign, but even Ron himself has said "we have so much we don't know how to spend it." That to me translates to "don't give us any more money." So I will invest my money elsewhere.

literatim
I have $2300 sitting here, willing to be thrown at the campaign, but even Ron himself has said "we have so much we don't know how to spend it." That to me translates to "don't give us any more money." So I will invest my money elsewhere.

So you will ignore the fact that they requested $23 million this month? If everyone does this, might as well call it quits now because the campaign doesn't nearly have enough to compete in the next 48 States after NH.

coboman
01-06-2008, 10:59 PM
The current rate of donations is insufficient.
These are our current efforts:

PAYDAY (around $50,000):
The first one was Friday, and they raised less than $10,000. It was supposed to be a $500,000 moneybomb and we ended with a regular daily donation of $60,000.
All pledges for the next Payday's are below $10,000. The next four Friday's will bring a maximum of $50,000

The Martin Luther King Money Bomb (around $500,000):
It has 3,500 pledges for $10 (ten dollars). Applying the growth of pledges, and the factor of pledges vs actual donations, etc. etc. It looks like a regular 30 Nov, 31 Dec. moneybomb. That is around $500,000. But this is January 21st, so it is too late for anything.

Benjamin's Moneybomb: (around $500,000)
This one is doing is far worse. It has 234 pledges, up from 221 pledges a couple of days ago. To reach the goal of 23,000 pledges it would take 12 years at this pace.
In comparison, "Rudy's Reading List" moneybomb had more than 6,000 pledges, and ended up bringing less than $500,000.

Regular Donations (around $1.5 million):
We have $300,000 in donations in 6 days, for an average of $50,000 every day. It is 1.5 million in this month (50,000 every day for 30 days).

All in all, I don't see any way of raising more than 3 million this month.
Being extra optimistic, and doubling the numbers, we still end up with less than 5 million.

23 million is absolutely out of the question with the current base of donors, the current number of pledges, and the current course of action.

all J's in IL for RP
01-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Did you people forget that 12 million was unattainable?!?

$23 million is a real possibility, but not by using the same methodology. We need NEW people on board with the r3volution, which almost requires a good showing in NH and Michigan. This means less attention to the usual stomping grounds, and getting the word out on the street. The real street (asphalt and concrete, not just fiber optics). It requires working with the campaign to turn out the vote and showing those on the fence he can win!

These last round of moneybombs are suited to take advantage of this. But after that, moneybombs will no longer serve the purpose for which they were designed. The money will come in too late to affect Super Tuesday and it will garner little, if any, media attention. As the campaign evolves, so must the grassroots efforts.

And enough with this ridiculous notion that the campaign doesn't need the money, is not using the money or doesn't WANT the money. It has asked for it, is using it and most assuredly needs it.

Question. How many campaigns has Ron Paul won when not an incumbent (and against both Bush's, mind you)? Three.

How many campaigns has the grassroots won?

crasster1
01-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Me, I love money bombs... But honestly, I'm waiting to see how well he does in NH.

Top 3, money bomb away!!!!

Bradley in DC
01-06-2008, 11:29 PM
As Dr. Paul would say, "you get more of what you subsidize and less of what you tax."

The grassroots efforts, generally, are FAR MORE EFFECTIVE than the official campaign.