PDA

View Full Version : Seroius Money Problem... and Solution

coboman
01-06-2008, 08:12 PM
The current rate of donations is insufficient.
These are our current efforts:

PAYDAY (around $50,000):
The first one was Friday, and they raised less than $10,000. It was supposed to be a $500,000 moneybomb and we ended with a regular daily donation of $60,000.
All pledges for the next Payday's are below $10,000. The next four Friday's will bring a maximum of $50,000

The Martin Luther King Money Bomb (around $500,000):
It has 3,500 pledges for $10 (ten dollars). Applying the growth of pledges, and the factor of pledges vs actual donations, etc. etc. It looks like a regular 30 Nov, 31 Dec. moneybomb. That is around $500,000. But this is January 21st, so it is too late for anything.

Benjamin's Moneybomb: (around $500,000)
This one is doing is far worse. It has 234 pledges, up from 221 pledges a couple of days ago. To reach the goal of 23,000 pledges it would take like 12 years at this pace.
In comparison, "Rudy's Reading List" moneybomb had more than 6,000 pledges, and ended up bringing less than $500,000.

Regular Donations (around $1.5 million):
We have $300,000 in donations in 6 days, for an average of $50,000 every day. It is 1.5 million in this month (50,000 every day for 30 days).

All in all, I don't see any way of raising more than 3 million this month.
Being extra optimistic, and doubling the numbers, we still end up with less than 5 million.

23 million is absolutely out of the question with the current base of donors, the current number of pledges, and the current course of action.

HOWEVER, we could have 20 million dollars right now! If we express our inability to raise so much money, in so little amount of time to the Official Campaign, they would have to consider accepting the Matching Funds.

This is money that we have already payed with our taxes, and that the Official Campaign could use right now.

Sorry, I misspelled Serious in the title.
P.S. I you think I am a troll, I will save you the trouble of posting: "You are a Troll ! STFU, we can raise any amount we want! Negative idiot, take your crap elsewhere."
Now please suggest another solution to this problem

Carole
01-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Matching funds are not available until March for general election, I believe.:mad: