PDA

View Full Version : Fox & Friends

ratsbew
07-19-2007, 06:21 AM
I just heard on Fox & Friends that they are expecting AT LEAST 60% of the 18-24 year olds to vote in 2008. I'm pretty sure that Ron Paul has a large support base in this age group; also these individuals are not included in the phone in polls but importantly are included in the online polls...food for thought.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 06:33 AM
YIPPEE! :D Hopefully, we can bring even more of them on board.

ratsbew
07-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Yeah, but truthfully most of them will vote Democrat.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 06:38 AM
Well then, we need to work harder. ;)

ratsbew
07-19-2007, 06:38 AM
Maybe there should be a push by high school aged supporters to tell their peers in school. We all know that kids tend to go with the crowd and they also are likely to spread the word with less resistance than adults (if they truly support him.)

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 06:41 AM
That's a good idea.

Hey, Ron Paul is on the radio now.
http://ksky.townhall.com/

gravesdav
07-19-2007, 06:41 AM
I'm 18, just graduated High School, and I'm a first time registered Republican for Doctor Paul. I'm going to a Poker Game this weekend and I'll make sure Ron Paul's name comes up.
It's very easy to start a conversation about it when you're 18. Just ask if they registered/will register to vote.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 06:45 AM
Way to go, gravesdav!

ratsbew
07-19-2007, 06:46 AM
I'm 18, just graduated High School, and I'm a first time registered Republican for Doctor Paul. I'm going to a Poker Game this weekend and I'll make sure Ron Paul's name comes up.
It's very easy to start a conversation about it when you're 18. Just ask if they registered/will register to vote.
I agree, "kids" are less likely to shy away from political talk while at the same time being more likely to go along with it assuming that they have no previous candidate.
Also kids tend to pay attention to what others wear, I think that Ron Paul shirts would give good name recognition amongst teens, they will not know who it is until they hear the name on TV and then perk up to find out what their peers are wearing.

AMack
07-19-2007, 06:55 AM
I just converted a friend (former Romney supporter b/c we're from MA) to the Ron Paul cause. We're printing fliers and going around depositing them in people's mailboxes this weekend. We expect to hand out at least 1000 fliers before the end of the summer, perhaps even more.

Ed W
07-19-2007, 06:55 AM

angelatc
07-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Be caredul about that - it's technically illegal to put things in mail boxes. Best to stick them under the flag.

LizF
07-19-2007, 07:01 AM
I just converted a friend (former Romney supporter b/c we're from MA) to the Ron Paul cause. We're printing fliers and going around depositing them in people's mailboxes this weekend. We expect to hand out at least 1000 fliers before the end of the summer, perhaps even more.

Uh oh...don't put them inside the mailboxes, I think that's against the law, and we don't want to cause trouble for the campaign. I think you'd be safe putting them between the outside of the mailboxes and the "flags" that are used to show when you have outgoing mail. (That's what a lot of the local candidates running for office in my area do if they don't use the "door tag" type of campaign literature.)

LizF
07-19-2007, 07:02 AM
You beat me to it angela...lol.

WannaBfree
07-19-2007, 10:25 AM
60+% of 18-24 year olds to vote in '08

good to hear - they're the ones that are gonna be stuck with the government's bill and they're the ones that could first be drafted.

winston84
07-19-2007, 12:41 PM

You might want to rethink that, if you don't work for the U.S. Post Office it is illegal to open or tamper with someone's mailbox. Opening up a mailbox is like opening up somebody's door to their house.

We've had people that go around stealing mail, including the mail from my house. Its a serious thing.

Oddball
07-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah, but truthfully most of them will vote Democrat.
I'm not so sure of that.

Most of the first-time voters in the Humphrey vs. Coleman vs. Ventura Governor's race in Minnesnowta went for Ventura.