PDA

View Full Version : Paul Needs to Grow some

ratsbew
01-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Listening to him speak is like watching a kitten get torn apart by a barracuda. I support his positions and have no doubt that he could run the country behind a desk, but the guy just can't handle personal confrontation. He is just too nice and his 'competitors' are after blood.
He really needs to get in and talk straight to the camera. He needs to say things like "I'm talking directly to the American people, the rest of the guys on this stage are clueless and can do nothing but stoop to the level of name calling and laughing at my viewpoints which were established by our constitution." He needs to defend himself and show some dominance. Sometimes I wish I could be on that stage.

literatim
01-06-2008, 08:09 PM
I really hope you are banned.

ItsTime
01-06-2008, 08:09 PM
You must not see him talk live very often. He is very smart in the debates. The man knows what he is doing.

cheese
01-06-2008, 08:10 PM
agreed. look at his posture/tone from the summer debates... he looked much more presidential. now is the time he really needs to stand tall.

Geronimo
I agree that he knows what he's doing but I have to admit that he missed at least one great opportunity for a Reagan moment last night.

PimpBlimp
Listening to him speak is like watching a kitten get torn apart by a barracuda. I support his positions and have no doubt that he could run the country behind a desk, but the guy just can't handle personal confrontation. He is just too nice and his 'competitors' are after blood.
He really needs to get in and talk straight to the camera. He needs to say things like "I'm talking directly to the American people, the rest of the guys on this stage are clueless and can do nothing but stoop to the level of name calling and laughing at my viewpoints which were established by our constitution." He needs to defend himself and show some dominance. Sometimes I wish I could be on that stage.

The guy is 72 years old cut him some slack.

Alabama Supporter
01-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Ron Paul has brass balls for taking his honest positions. His delivery could be better in verbal combat, but he is literally risking his life talking about some of these issues.

chiplitfam
01-06-2008, 08:13 PM
That is a troll post. Ron Paul is far superior to any of these morons to respond foolishly as they do. His demeanor outshines the others by a mile.

danberkeley
01-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Troll!!!!

rtil
I disagree. He is a straight talker and doesn't let people misquote him or twist his words.

trey4sports
i do think Ron Paul needs some TV coaching. i want to see the fierocity that he showed in 88

Ron Paul Fan
Ron Paul has held the same positions for 30 years. He often speaks against his party and gets booed in neo-con crowds, yet he still preaches the same message. I would say he has bigger balls than anyone on this forum.

crink
01-06-2008, 08:15 PM
He has more courage than all the other candidates combined. Just because he is for civil discussion instead of full out mudslinging doesn't mean he's gutless. Maybe you should rethink your idea of bravery.

Freemason
Ya, because taking on the military industrial complex, the Federal Reserve and the IRS takes no balls.

Troyhand
Armchair Quarterballs speaks.

Myerz
01-06-2008, 08:16 PM
I would love to see him look at the camera at some point.......that would be cool....like an episode of "The Office".....

He would look in to the camera and say....... " It's time to wake up sleepy head......WAKE THE HELL UP!"

Minlawc
01-06-2008, 08:17 PM
He said he would trade with Cuba in front of Spanish speaking Florida, I think he has them...

ronpaulfan
01-06-2008, 08:17 PM

Looking at your post history is scary! You're the king of all the nay-sayers in this forum! :p

ratsbew
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm no troll, ronpaulforums.com member #172 here, just giving the guy some criticism.

ape
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
he also told the fundies to drop the group think at the value voters debate and focus on the individual.. balls to the wall IMO.

weatherbill
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I agree that Ron Paul could have interupted some in the debate, but he was very polite and we need the old folks vote and I think the old folks saw a great character in Ron Paul thru his politeness and responses.
His wisdom was able to get serious air time. I think we won some serious voter attention thru this debate. Also, it was wise of him to lay back becasue the others were tearing each other down, so he did very well.

chiplitfam
01-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Keep the criticism to yourself.

lapi7
01-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Most of you who call yourselves "tolerant" Ron Paul supporters can just go out and f*ck yourselves!!!!!

Not everybody who expreses an opinion opposite to YOURS is a "troll"!!!!

While Ron is the most couragous man on the field I agree that he unfortunately needs to speak down to the audience of the general public.
Most Americans don't know what the word "Fiscal" even means let alone attempting to educate them on it.

He's in an arena with vicious animals. And no, (before someone says it) I DON"T believe that we should ALWAYS take the position of "let's not lower ourselves to be like animals as well"
If one is in a pool surrounded by sharks you can't "reason" with them or attempt to "communicate" with them by being nice!!

If attacked...use the f*cking shark repellant or 'bang stick" and blow the sharks head off BEFORE you get torn to bits while trying to be nice enough to the sharks so they won't attack you. Attempting to reason with most human beings is like attempting to teach a goat about the value of gold!

Sorry but I think that this is where we stand right now!

Gammerus
01-06-2008, 08:39 PM

because someone has some criticism you want them banned? That is pretty close minded.

Any way I agree, Ron Paul is a great guy, has a great voting record... but he is too nice for all this. Of course I like that, but the American people are stupid and are unlikely to research any of the candidates on their own.. Without some research Paul does look like a cook, when I first saw him I thought he was a crazy old man... then I did this thing called research and I watched his speeches on youtube, and realized he is exactly what this country needs.

You guys need to stop being so .... Crazy. One of the biggest reasons that people are turned off by Ron Paul is the negativity displayed by his supporters.

Be nice, play fair, and no name calling!

WebFX
01-06-2008, 08:52 PM
You must not see him talk live very often. He is very smart in the debates. The man knows what he is doing.

That is a troll post. Ron Paul is far superior to any of these morons to respond foolishly as they do. His demeanor outshines the others by a mile.

Ron Paul has held the same positions for 30 years. He often speaks against his party and gets booed in neo-con crowds, yet he still preaches the same message. I would say he has bigger balls than anyone on this forum.

+1

literatim
01-06-2008, 08:57 PM
because someone has some criticism you want them banned? That is pretty close minded.

No, because someone personally insults Dr. Paul.

How about this: You should grow some balls.

RSLudlum
01-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Sorry man i think he grew some a long time ago.......... i mean the guy has 5 kids :p

Voluntaryist
01-07-2008, 01:40 AM

ratsbew fails. This OP fails. Ron Paul is above all that. He lets his words and ideas speak for themselves. His patience and decency and politeness are all virtues that make him a better candidate.

Words of wisdom: Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Brutus
01-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Whether or not the poster is a troll, it is easy to think that Dr. Paul isn't forceful enough.

However, people looking for a "strong leader" to "solve their problems for them" aren't ready for freedom anyway.

Kingfisher
01-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Hes 10 feet tall!

biles1234
01-07-2008, 06:45 PM
i agree. the other candidates were walking all over him. i know paul is capable of showing some attitude when he wants...i've seen some videos of him back in '88 where he sounds much more resolute and actually gets angry. i wish to see more of that version of ron paul.

tcindie
01-07-2008, 07:14 PM
I agree that Ron Paul could have interupted some in the debate, but he was very polite and we need the old folks vote and I think the old folks saw a great character in Ron Paul thru his politeness and responses.
His wisdom was able to get serious air time. I think we won some serious voter attention thru this debate. Also, it was wise of him to lay back becasue the others were tearing each other down, so he did very well.

Agreed. He even raised his hand to be the first to tackle a question. I've never seen any other candidate give that kind of respect to the moderator.

Lyn
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
My parents were completely bowled over with his presense at the debate. He is the only one who acted presidential and the others were a pack of animals. This was most impressive to them as well as my relatives in NH. Just his ability to handle himself in a civil manner was so impressive. My mom stated that you want a president that can handle himself well and remain cool despite some crisis. Not someone like McInsane or Hitlery who goes into a rage when angered. This is like a job interview and you really want someone who can make their point yet maintain their composure.

kill the banks
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
politics is not instant coffee ... this is a marathon with no clear front runner
this man will be the greatest president we have ever had ... greater than all the founding fathers imo

kill the banks

luckystars
01-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Ron Paul appeals to those who really understand the issues we face. In our superficial society that is very difficult. They vote for who they "Like" based on
speaking skills and looks. Being really aggressive backfires, seeming angry does too.
Obama doing well because he seems very centered and hopeful. He has no real platform but a Madison Avenue made for TV image like Bush did.

You gotta give it to Ron Paul to appeal to very young people when he is 72 years old!
Besides the revolution is NOT going away, it is just getting started and that is what scares the hell out of the powers that be, it has legs.

Detonator
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM

Yes! Silence the Infidel! :rolleyes:

Hypocrisy has no bounds.

Bern
01-07-2008, 08:22 PM
If Ron were a good orator, he would be winning in a landslide. There is definitely room for improvement in his ability to communicate his ideas more clearly IMO (see links in my sig).

sb10
01-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Have any of you ever heard of the "Dog Whisperer", Cesar Millan? In his books, he states that in nature, a pack of animals instinctively knows that they must have a calm, assertive leader. Man is the only animal that follows unstable pack leaders. Ron Paul is that calm, assertive leader.

Goldwater Conservative
01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Maybe the children he has to deal with in these debates just need to respect their elders.

noztnac
01-07-2008, 08:43 PM

Ron Paul has class. The other candidates don't. I think people get it. I would do it differently too but I'm not as old and wise as Ron Paul. I'd probably screw up and punch Giuliani and the campaign would be over. Look at it this way. You watched the debate and it made you angry at the other candidates. Give your fellow Americans some credit. Maybe they came to the same conclusion.

Perry
01-07-2008, 09:11 PM

Sure lots of lip service is what this nation needs. :rolleyes:

lancey3
01-08-2008, 01:01 AM
listen to him on leno.

jupiter
01-08-2008, 01:42 AM
I just listened to the debate excerpts on youtube (I was visiting relatives on the actual night).

I thought that RP actually came out very well when his answers are examined individually.

The alleged "problem" with his performance stems not from his own replies (which were very measured, direct, and factual), but rather the snickering and smearing by the other participants.

Really, I am ashamed that the audience did not start booing the other candidates as they continued to harass this champion of liberty and the constitution.

loveshiscountry
01-08-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't want a confrontational person to lead this country. Bring integrity back to the White House. Vote Ron Paul.

jacmicwag
01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I trust the citizens of NH to evaluate the candidates and make the right choice. Ron Paul.

MrCobaltBlue
01-08-2008, 12:42 PM

I agree, bossing people around on the internet is the most manly thing you can do.