PDA

View Full Version : RP supporters arrested right behind the 5 neocons, live on camera?

SteveMartin
01-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I can't be sure, but it looked to me that some students were putting up posters in the windows of a dorm behind the bus while Thompson was speaking early on. I couldn't read them because the camera was focusing on the neocons. However, a few minutes later you could clearly see guys with "POLICE" on their backs running into that building, and the signs were soon gone.

kushaze
01-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Freedom of speech is dead.

ThomasJ
01-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I would love some footage of that. That would be such a blatant violation.

Mark37snj
01-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Keep this bumped.

Mark
01-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Welcome to The New World Order - Still think it's a conspiracy?

Myerz
01-06-2008, 08:04 PM
^^^^^^

thehighwaymanq
Any new info?

LibertyEagle
I can't be sure, but it looked to me that some students were putting up posters in the windows of a dorm behind the bus while Thompson was speaking early on. I couldn't read them because the camera was focusing on the neocons. However, a few minutes later you could clearly see guys with "POLICE" on their backs running into that building, and the signs were soon gone.

How did you see this?

Geronimo
Youtube or it didn't happen.

SteveMartin
I've got it taped. I'll review it when the whole thing is over and see if I can freeze frame anything to read it. The camera was short-focused on what was happening at the table inside the bus, but you could still clearly read "POLICE" on the guys running inside...

Myerz
U-tube

Starks
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
It's not a bus. It's a studio.

blakjak
01-06-2008, 08:13 PM
misleading title... no confirmation of arrests

breakranks
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't believe this until I see it. Youtube link please?

I immediately flag posts such as these as dubious until I have proof, as my
immediate thought is that someone is attempting to generate fear in the support
base, and perhaps apprehension about posting RP signs.

Nothing personal here, as I don't know you, but I'd certainly like additional
information about this before I'm going to buy-into the alledged story.

SteveMartin
01-06-2008, 08:23 PM
OK...I went back and gave up taping to look at it more closely. This time you could clearly see one of the cops/security guards ripping down the posters too. WOW!

No evidence of arrests on the tape...that is true....

gerryb
01-06-2008, 08:23 PM
I don't believe this until I see it. Youtube link please?

I immediately flag posts such as these as dubious until I have proof, as my
immediate thought is that someone is attempting to generate fear in the support
base, and perhaps apprehension about posting RP signs.

Nothing personal here, as I don't know you, but I'd certainly like additional
information about this before I'm going to buy-into the alledged story.

WTF?

Thats exactly what this is all about! Fear in this support base! This type of thing is going to be routine.

SteveMartin
01-06-2008, 08:25 PM
I am taping the rest of it now, and will go back and look at it even closer right after the debate is finished.

SteveMartin
01-06-2008, 08:26 PM
U-tube

I can't. I have no way to convert from VHS.

breakranks
01-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Thats exactly what this is all about! Fear in this support base! This type of thing is going to be routine.
Is the fear being generated by a real event (i.e. someone getting arrested
because they posted a RP sign)? Or, is the fear being generated because
someone posted a thread in RP Forums that this occured?

Was the event real, or is the event being merely reported as real?

Big difference.

SteveMartin
01-06-2008, 08:29 PM
The event was ALWAYS REPORTED WITH A QUESTION MARK IN THE TITLE.

Do they teach reading to you kids anymore?

paulette
01-06-2008, 08:33 PM
WTF?

BRING IT ON!

Terry82
01-06-2008, 08:38 PM
convert from VHS.

Hello 300 line of resolution blur-o-vision

SteveMartin
01-06-2008, 08:48 PM
OK, I reviewed again. You see someone putting up the signs as Thompson begins speaking. Then you see two large guys with brown shirts (no POLICE visible on their backs) walking slowly into the bulding. Then a minute later you see (I believe one of them) somebody clearly tearing down the signs. Just after that you see a guy run in with "POLICE" on his back, and then two more guys running in with orange vests (campus security?)

A few minutes later while Flip Romney is speaking, over his left shoulder you see a bunch of people emerge from a different door, at least two of which are wearing orange vests. The first couple are running, almost right up to the windows of the bus where the interview is being done. The others come more slowly and there seems to be more now than the number that went in, but you can't tell for sure what you are seeing because it appears the camera is now even less-well focused on the background than before. There is no evidence of arrests here that I can see, but...there IS clear evidence of squelching of free speech. But hey, that's what this little neoconfab was all about to begin with, right?

acroso
01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Was BillO screaming and trying to teabag him too?

SteveMartin
01-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Confirmation that others here apparently saw the signs:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79231

j6p
01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
people did see the signs but no arrests

Son of Freedom
01-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Let me clear this up, this was happening outside of the forums(debate) live on TV about 10-15 minutes in. The video mentioned above is with Frank Luntz at a different location doing the focus group.

If we get a defined video of this it will be (should be) MAJOR MAJOR news. I couldn't believe my eyes, in a way I'm glad it happened. This will be impossible to deny. We live in a fascist state my friends. Revolution may not just be a buzzword anymore.

BeFranklin
01-06-2008, 10:09 PM

Thats a pretty clear violation of free speech. They LIVE there!?!!!!

BeFranklin
01-06-2008, 10:11 PM
OK...I went back and gave up taping to look at it more closely. This time you could clearly see one of the cops/security guards ripping down the posters too. WOW!

No evidence of arrests on the tape...that is true....

Sorry, but renters have rights too. Cop had no legal authority to do that. It should have gone through a lawsuit if school and renters were in disagreement.

ClayTrainor
01-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Here we go grassroots... This is what we're up against!

Perium
01-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Youtube

justjohn
01-06-2008, 10:20 PM
I have no ability to put it up on YouTube, but I'm sure it will be up soon from someone. I will, however, confirm the account as given. I reviewed it from my DVR. Someone clearly puts up blue-colored posters in a window, followed shortly by two large figures in dark clothing entering the building and immediately ripping them down. This was soon followed by more officials, some in orange vests.

pinkmandy
01-06-2008, 10:23 PM
WTH? Footage please. Someone? I know someone taped it!

Geronimo
01-06-2008, 10:25 PM
I have no ability to put it up on YouTube, but I'm sure it will be up soon from someone. I will, however, confirm the account as given. I reviewed it from my DVR. Someone clearly puts up blue-colored posters in a window, followed shortly by two large figures in dark clothing entering the building and immediately ripping them down. This was soon followed by more officials, some in orange vests.

This is where I really begin to have my doubts.

SteveMartin
01-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Now, it was lazy reportage of me to call the building a "dormitory." I should not have jumped to that conclusion. Does anyone here know the campus? If so, can we identify what building that was behind Thompson?

If it was a student center or something, it could be within their rights (though certainly un-democratic) for the campus police to pull down signs. Am I right? This is a private college?...or is it Catholic Church property?

bc2208
01-07-2008, 07:08 AM
The guy who did this was not a resident. He entered the building very early, before the campus was locked down, and was hiding out waiting to do this for several hours. He was not arrested.

SteveMartin
01-07-2008, 07:22 AM
bc,

You know him??

Too cool!!

What building is it??