PDA

View Full Version : What should we do about the Myrtle Beach republican debate?

mrabon5211
01-06-2008, 07:12 PM
I live a little over an hour away from Myrtle Beach, and there is a Fox debate here Jan 10th. Ron Paul has been invited to my knowledge, but I don't know if I want to watch Fox! I could go down and show my support at the convention center where its being held, but I really want to see Ron Paul do some more educating to the other candidates.

Should I go or should I stay and watch......?

phill4paul
01-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Go there and wave your RP sign high...then join us at the Liberty Steakhouse!

From Chappell Dew:

I know it's a long drive, but how often do we have a national debate within driving distance??

Come to Myrtle Beach on Thursday Jan 10th to watch the Republican debate and to rally for Ron Paul. Meet Ron Paul Supporters starting at 7:30PM to Dine, Drink, see and hear Dr. Paul spread his message of Freedom, Prosperity, and Peace at the televised Republican debate. Dr. Paul will drop by after the debate and spin room to address his supporters.

Myrtle Beach, SC
Thursday January 10th, 2008
7:30PM-12:00PM

Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery
1321 Celebrity Circle (off 21st Avenue North)
Broadway at the Beach
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

8 big screens indoors and 3 in the outdoor beer garden! Plus it's the LIBERTY steakhouse. The food and drink at the Liberty is great, so plan to eat here to support the hospitality shown to Ron Paul Supporters by the staff and management at the Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery, Broadway at the Beach.

Go to http://www.libertysteakhouseandbrewery.com/locations/ for map and driving directions.

Please forward this far and wide and let's fill this place up with Ron Paul Supporters.

Chappell Dew

Learn more here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/127/calendar/7045084/

joelfarm
01-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Where are your priorities man??? Believe me, if Ron Paul is EVER within an hours drive of me, for an appearance, I would be there, if at all possible!! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, to be apart of possbly saving our Nation. Get your sign, shirt whatever and go support him. Look at everything HE is giving up to try and help us change the system. GO!! If not for yourself, for all the rest of us who wish we could be in Myrtle Beach with Ron Paul. How cool that would be!!

urimind
01-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Hey! I will be there in the flesh, i dont have a ticket to the debate but im going to show my support. My roomate has a ticket to the debate for himself, i dont have one but im still riding all the way from NC to go wave signs and talk to people about ron paul! Defenetly Come!!!

mrabon5211
01-06-2008, 07:23 PM
I went to see him last time he was in Myrtle. I enjoyed the hell out of it :) I don't have a ticker for the debate but I will be there with my HUGE sign...(they were out of the smaller ones....couldn't turn down the big one :) ) Where and when will the crowds be gathering.....? Will Ron Paul be speaking in an area that I will be able to see him?\

and thanks for the advice...I'll see you there!

kushaze
01-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Everyone who can should go to this debate.

atthegates
01-06-2008, 07:24 PM
As I said in another thread, if RP places 1st or 2nd in NH, then he should cancel his invite and tell fox to fuck itself.

joelfarm
01-06-2008, 07:26 PM
We need the "poleguy" there with his big 10 footer!!!

mrabon5211
01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
We need the "poleguy" there with his big 10 footer!!!

Agreed.....hard to keep a sign from view when it has that kind of reach!!! lol

Dzlpower
01-06-2008, 07:29 PM
we need to assemble an army of poleguys to march infront of the debate like Saurmons Uruks marching on Helms Deep.

IHaveaDream
01-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Fox News made it absolutely clear tonight that Ron Paul will NOT be the Republican nominee. So what reason would they have for inviting him? He is no longer relevant to this election as far as they are concerned.

fuzzybekool
01-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I got a ticket for the debate. I am leaving for South Carolina from Chicago on Tuesday at 12:30 pm. Driving.
uggg - 15 hour trip.

Dianne
01-06-2008, 11:44 PM
I sent this letter to the GOP this afternoon and believe it or not, I already received a reply saying they will give me a refund:

I purchased two tickets for this debate and I would like to return my tickets for a full refund. After learning that Ron Paul and Duncan Hunter were excluded from yesterday's New Hampshire forum by Fox News.

Sorry, but I am beginning to rethink my republican registration and wish to have no contact or affiliation with Fox News.

Please issue a full refund to my credit card.

Do you want me to overnight these tickets back to you?

See everyone at the Liberty on Thursday !!!!!

dvictr
01-06-2008, 11:55 PM
make it a 20 footer

matratzac
01-07-2008, 12:22 AM
anyone know if tickets are still available? i live in wilmington,nc so its about an hrs drive

Isupportliberty
01-07-2008, 12:33 AM
I sent this letter to the GOP this afternoon and believe it or not, I already received a reply saying they will give me a refund:

I purchased two tickets for this debate and I would like to return my tickets for a full refund. After learning that Ron Paul and Duncan Hunter were excluded from yesterday's New Hampshire forum by Fox News.

Sorry, but I am beginning to rethink my republican registration and wish to have no contact or affiliation with Fox News.

Please issue a full refund to my credit card.

Do you want me to overnight these tickets back to you?

See everyone at the Liberty on Thursday !!!!!

hopefully you are still going to keep your tickets... im sure if you don't want them some other paul supporters would be happy to take them off your hands for you.

familydog
01-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Why was he invited to this, but not the forum? The bus excuse? If he doesn't meet their criteria (polling low) now, why does he meet their criteria for this?

RickyJ
01-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Why was he invited to this, but not the forum? The bus excuse? If he doesn't meet their criteria (polling low) now, why does he meet their criteria for this?

That's a very good question.

I am going to call John Moody tomorrow and ask him.

I think we all should. :D