PDA

View Full Version : Town Hall Forum should have been on TV

Micahyah
01-06-2008, 06:52 PM
The campaign messed up by not having this Town Hall Forum, that they bragged about to the media, NOT be on TV.

The whole point is making up for Paul's lack of exposure.

A youtube video or internet stream means nothing.

This is about winning New Hampshire voters over by mass media.

And it also makes Paul seem incompetent, because there was an announcement of something to be on TV and then it isn't there.

This is a big mistake.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't think we know that it wasn't. What proof do you have that it wasn't on NH's public access channel?

C-SPAN "said" they were also going to cover it. It was on their own schedule and then they removed it. That is hardly the campaign's fault.

Paul4Prez
01-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Getting on Jay Leno the night before the New Hampshire primary more than makes up for it.

expatinireland
01-06-2008, 06:58 PM
by not having this Town Hall Forum, that they bragged about to the media, NOT be on TV.

A youtube video or internet stream means nothing.

This is about winning New Hampshire voters over by mass media.

And it also makes Paul seem incompetent, because there was an announcement of something to be on TV and then it isn't there.

This is a big mistake.

Micahyah,

I haven't been able to read any confirmation from anyone in New Hampshire that the Manchester Townhall meeting was not on broadcast TV. Are you from New Hampshire and can confirm that the meeting was not on TV or have you communicated to anyone in New Hampshire that confirmed that the event was not on broadcast TV in New Hampshire? :confused:

hueylong
01-06-2008, 06:59 PM
The Town Hall was on Channel 23 in Manchester. Chill out.

stefans
01-06-2008, 07:00 PM
by not having this Town Hall Forum, that they bragged about to the media, NOT be on TV.

yeah. by giving the impression we can do without FOX and getting positive press about it. which kind of worked so far.
of course we can't beat a national broadcasting network in exposure on 1 week notice. unless some other MSM covers our fight against them.

so please don't spread those complaints too far.

stefans
01-06-2008, 07:01 PM

good :)

expatinireland
01-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't think we know that it wasn't. What proof do you have that it wasn't on NH's public access channel?

C-SPAN "said" they were also going to cover it. It was on their own schedule and then they removed it. That is hardly the campaign's fault.

LibertyEagle,
With all respect, public access channel's really don't count when it comes to the general population. PA only attracts limited audiences.

expatinireland
01-06-2008, 07:05 PM

Huey,

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that Channel 23 is not a terrestrial broadcast television station but a public access cable channel serving Manchester cable subscribers only.

stefans
01-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Huey,

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that Channel 23 is not a terrestrial broadcast television station but a public access cable channel serving Manchester cable subscribers only.

so? it was on TV.
the news is: ron paul did his own TV debate because FOX unfairly ignored him.
try to get this on MSM TV and papers.
and stop the bitching.

DesignerJoes
01-06-2008, 07:10 PM
There is not Fucking chilling out. We WILL NOT WIN BY CHILLING OUT. THIS IS NOW. THIS IS REAL.

REMEMBER THE 60's , we aren't doing ANYTHING in comparison.

Don't be complacent FIGHT FOR CHANGE.

PEOPLE ARE REALLY STARTING TO GET TO ME IN THESE FORUMS.

IT SEEMS THERE ARE MANY THAT ARE ENTHUSIASTIC, YET SADLY NAIVE.

YOU ALL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE UP AGAINST.

HUNDREDS of MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND YEARS OF POLITICAL CONNECTIONS AND EXPERIENCE.

I GUARANTEE %100 that there are top-tier candidate campaigns that are pulling dirty tricks that you haven't even thought of. And they work.

Get mad. You are being defeated by a few rich people right now.

DesignerJoes
01-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Fox's Bunker should be infiltrated RIGHT NOW!

Micahyah
01-06-2008, 07:11 PM
so? it was on TV.
and stop the bitching.

Try to get this on MSM TV? The campaign bragged that they already bought time on MSM TV.

kickzman
01-06-2008, 07:11 PM

Fucking spineless C-SPAN the bastards must also be apart of the MSM monopoly.

Geronimo
01-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Huey,

That is correct. :mad:

They recorded it to play again tonight on the web, but so far nobody seems to know when it'll be playing.

I listened to it on Ron Paul Radio and it sounded more like a rally than it did a town hall meeting.

DesignerJoes
01-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Seriously ?

What does anyone have to lose by busting into a live debate in the name of liberty ?

It does not have to be violent.

But it will get MSM media attention and will be worth the cost...

expatinireland
01-06-2008, 07:16 PM
so? it was on TV.
and stop the bitching.

Sorry, but public access does not count as TV in my book. My interest is in seeing this campaign being conducted in a professional manner and if the best our circa 25 million can buy is time on a PA station that is pretty darn poor.

Geronimo
01-06-2008, 07:18 PM

Jeez. I forgot all about that. It was on their schedule.

What time was it supposed to be on?

stefans
01-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Sorry, but public access does not count as TV in my book. My interest is in seeing this campaign being conducted in a professional manner and if the best our circa 25 million can buy is time on a PA station that is pretty darn poor.

yeah. one hour one week before the event.
get real.
we could only hope someone like CNN wanted to cover it which was highly unlikely because noone gets that kind of airtime on CNN.
but they're airing ron's great debate from yesterday. I'm not sure but that could be a result of our protest and the NH GOP pulling their support.

colecrowe
01-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Web and Public Access (cable only) is a joke (so is CSPAN!)--why not spend some big bucks and put it on broadcast network affiliate stations abc, cbs, nbc, fox--those are also carried on cable and some satellite providers? He has 20 million dollars. He is running for president, not city commissioner--that kind of campaign should be on public access. He outraised all the other Repubs. What a joke. Why did they not do this--it is even better than an infomercial and he could have capitalized on all the press about being stupidly, unfairly excluded

colecrowe
01-06-2008, 07:21 PM
yeah. one hour one week before the event.
get real.
we could only hope someone like CNN wanted to cover it which was highly unlikely because noone gets that kind of airtime on CNN.
but they're airing ron's great debate from yesterday. I'm not sure but that could be a result of our protest and the NH GOP pulling their support.

Republicans don't watch CNN--and sure as heck not when they are airing the "last Repub debate before the vote"

expatinireland
01-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Geronimo: That is correct.

Thanks!

Geronimo
01-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Just for the record, some local meetups have been playing Ron Paul DVD's on Manchester's Community Access TV for the past few weeks.

stefans
01-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Republicans don't watch CNN--and sure as heck not when they are airing the "last Repub debate before the vote"

it's still good. I'm not saying it's a good thing not to be on the fox forum.
but I think ron did make the best of it. well almost.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
LibertyEagle,
With all respect, public access channel's really don't count when it comes to the general population. PA only attracts limited audiences.

I understand that, but I read somewhere that they tried to buy mainstream coverage and couldn't get it, with such short notice. Public access beats the heck out of nothing and it was in the paper that it was going to be on.

C-Span also said they were going to cover it, but they pulled that late today. I don't know about C-Span.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Just for the record, some local meetups have been playing Ron Paul DVD's on Manchester's Community Access TV for the past few weeks.

Geronimo, do most New Hampshire residents have cable TV?

Geronimo
01-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Geronimo, do most New Hampshire residents have cable TV?

Yes. But not everyone gets Manchester's CATV.

literatim
01-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Quit f'ing bitch to us who can't do a damn freaking thing.

expatinireland
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
C-Span also said they were going to cover it, but they pulled that late today. I don't know about C-Span.

C-Span from looking at their archive and schedule is busy covering Huck, Mitt, Rudy and McCain. I hate to say it but it certainly smells like someone got to C-Span but of course there could have been technical issues.