PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Headquarters Website

Gigaplex
07-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Much has happened in Iowa lately. The campaign hired on two more people so that we have three people from the campaign working here full time. We are planning for the most influential debate so far. We are planning for the straw poll, which will bring in 50,000 people and determine the fate of Ron Paul's candidacy. We are also planning for the fair which will bring in around a million people. There are also many smaller events being planned. 13,500 DVDs are set to arrive on Friday. Door to door campaigning is now set to go.

On top of that, Jen Solt has joined our team and will be working full time as the Iowa coordinator for out of staters. She arrives in Des Moines today.

I have very quickly thrown together an Iowa Headquarters website a few minutes ago so you can see what is going on here, get in contact with who you need to talk to, and figure out when you can come into Iowa to help.

Now is the moment of truth. Now is when we see how dedicated Ron Paul supporters are and what we are capable of. If you do nothing else for this campaign, come to Iowa and help get votes for the straw poll. Here is the website:

www.paulforall.com

Thank you for your support,
Jeff

Lord Xar
07-19-2007, 02:01 AM
awesome job with everything...

TheEvilDetector
07-19-2007, 02:01 AM
If I was you, I would check a random sample of those DVDs to ensure that they contain exactly what you want them to contain.

Never underestimate your opponents Gig.

Texan4Life
07-19-2007, 02:16 AM
If I was you, I would check a random sample of those DVDs to ensure that they contain exactly what you want them to contain.

+1 - its always good to check for duds

beermotor
07-19-2007, 04:29 AM
You guys are doing a great job, keep it up! I know we're going to do very well (probably 2nd, perhaps 1st) ... this is going to be fantastic.

markpa
07-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks, for the update. Please keep up the good work out there!!

DeadheadForPaul
07-19-2007, 09:55 AM
i'm really glad to hear this update. For awhile, there was a feeling among some of us (myself included) that the campaign did not care that much about Iowa. I'm glad to see that there is a plan in place and that we are set to go!

Maybe the campaign can set up a separate fund now for those of us who want to buy straw poll tickets? I want to sponsor an Iowan!

rich34
07-19-2007, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't mind at all to buy an Iowan a ticket for this event, if the campaign will set something up for that. I know Ron may not want to do that, but he may not have a choice. If you're not and others are then you're already at a disadvantage.

DeadheadForPaul
07-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't mind at all to buy an Iowan a ticket for this event, if the campaign will set something up for that. I know Ron may not want to do that, but he may not have a choice. If you're not and others are then you're already at a disadvantage.

We're doing it with or without the campaign. I think it'd be better if the campaign acknowledged this and just set up a fund so it could be handled in an official manner like Romney is doing

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 11:03 AM
We're doing it with or without the campaign. I think it'd be better if the campaign acknowledged this and just set up a fund so it could be handled in an official manner like Romney is doing

If they did, wouldn't they then need to report these numbers to the FEC?

Badger Paul
07-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks for your work Gigaplex, you're doing a great job!

CurtisLow
07-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks for your work Gigaplex, you're doing a great job!

Right on! Great work!

Will that dvd work in my 8-track tape player? J/J lol

heiwa
07-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Hello All,

I just arrived in Des Moines this afternoon, and am heading now to Ames to attend the meetup. (Iowa's rest stops have wireless internet!). Thanks for the introduction Jeff - I'm looking forward to finally meeting you!

For all of you who are thinking of coming for the straw poll, please feel free to contact me at jen@paulforall.com. I'm waiting to hear from *you*!

As for the adopt-an-Iowan, I'll throw in my 2 cents, not that anyone is asking...

Dr. Paul is running for president in a different way than most of us are used to. If he becomes president it will be because we all worked to make it happen. He is certainly doing his share, by doing interviews and travelling to different cities for speeches, etc. But, I sort of get the feeling from him that it is truly up to us to make him president. This is crucial for his presidency - he must be mandated by the people. What does that mean for the campaign? It means that we can't wait for an "official" announcement from HQ about adopt-an-Iowan or any other project. Simply, if it feels right to you, then do it. If you want to help Iowans get tickets to the poll, then there is an avenue to do it. It's up to us - we must be the leaders we are looking for!

The message I hear from Dr. Paul applies not only to the government but to us as individuals. To live with honor and truth - that's why we are drawn to his message. That's why we are drawn to him.

Ok. Onward!

I'm looking forward to working with you all!

In Peace,
Jen