PDA

View Full Version : This is what Ron Paul needs to FORGET: He needs to forget he's a doctor

Mortikhi
01-06-2008, 06:46 PM
This is my Dad's theory:
Ron Paul, when going into a debate, needs to forget that he is a doctor.

Doctor's are trained to NOT interrupt their patients and to listen to them. This is why he stops talking and listens when others interrupt him at the debates.

It sounds very plausible.

cmc
01-06-2008, 06:48 PM
He looks and dresses like a doctor, too. Great for personal life, not as much on TV.

Mike S.
01-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I was saying the same thing as you today - he is like the doctor giving advice to a patient. He gives out the advice that the patient needs and does not hide the truth.

I guess that is one of the characteristics of RP I greatly admire. Don't know if it helps him in these debates though.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I don't know. That segment when he talked about the Constitution in last night's debate, was truly a work of art.

lx43
01-06-2008, 06:58 PM
he needs to be more aggressive and don't let those pompus asses intereput him

VoluntaryMan
01-06-2008, 07:00 PM
I'll buy that. In fact, I've often thought that he has the humble, empathetic disposition that makes for a great beadside manner in a physician -- especially when considering his specialty.

However, instead of altering his debate demeanor, he should show up wearing a white coat and a stethoscope, and when his opponents start to get moody, he should just calmly say, "relax, ladies."

Ron2Win
01-06-2008, 07:00 PM
he needs to be more aggressive and don't let those pompus asses intereput him

Actually, all of that is Blowbacking in their faces.

Paul4Prez
01-06-2008, 07:02 PM
America needs a good doctor, to cure what ails us!

I think that is part of the reason that the smartest people in America support Ron Paul -- he is the only candidate diagnosing the problems, and changing the course of treatment when what we've been doing has made things worse.

Danny Molina
01-06-2008, 07:02 PM
We need the Morton Downey Jr. Dr. Paul.

Trigonx
01-06-2008, 07:03 PM
America needs a good doctor, to cure what ails us!

I think that is part of the reason that the smartest people in America support Ron Paul -- he is the only candidate diagnosing the problems, and changing the course of treatment when what we've been doing has made things worse.

QFT!!